The cell phones usage started in 1973. Motorola was the first company to invent cell phones. They produced first cell phones which were connected with the cars. (‘’http: mashable.com’’). People were using car cell phones primarily for business. Companies started up dating cell phones technologies throughout the years. Cell phones technologies has variety of options. The use of google maps, which people use to find addresses, how many mileage people need to drive? Video chatting, people use to make a video call where they can see the person they are talking to library book store app, the old days people will have to buy the books from bookstore but now people can download any book they want and save to their phones. Therefore, everybody should depend using cell phone in their daily life.it makes easier to connect with families, and what is happening around the world.
First advantage of people to use cell phone is, people communicate with their families, and friends, work, people like my father generation they didn’t had cell phone. So whenever my father wanted to contact with his family and friends who lived different places, he would either write a letter to them. Or he will record voice cassette and they would reply after days or months later. So these days when I call him through his cell phone any time I want. He would say I am so happy, because you are connected with me all the time. Another example is whenever I want to contact with my friends who live in different places, I will just send them text and they will reply right away. People can use many forms to communicate with other people, like people do sometimes. People use video chatting through their cell phone. My friend who lives in London ...
... middle of paper ...
...ngers such as changes in the sleep pattern and attention deficit (ADD) in children have been attributed to cell phone usage although no research have proven it.
In conclusion, the cell phone idea was started for business but today billions of people carry it in their pockets and use it in their daily lives. From the day it was introduced until now, cell phone usage has brought many positives for the society. Compared to 40 years ago, today we can easy communicate with family and friends. We can also pay our bills without going to the store. Cell Phone use has also brought some negatives for the society. Many accidents are caused by distracted drivers, especially teenage drivers. Using cell phone constantly also may cause health problems such as hearing loss, cancer, and sleep issues. In my opinion, cell phone has more benefits than problems for the society.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In order to get a better understanding of how cell phones contribute to loneliness, I conducted three formal interviews. The individuals I interviewed are people who I have known for a long time and am personally close to. Each interviewee was asked the same eight questions regarding his/her cell phone use. The first interviewee, Muhammad Nazim, is a 17 year old male who is in his senior year in high school. The second interviewee, Bhavin Darji, is an 18 year old male who is currently attending college.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Rotary dial]
1610 words (4.6 pages)
- Are there really any advantages to allowing student cell phone usage in school. For many years, an ongoing battle between teachers, parents, and students has revolved around this simple, yet complex, question. David Rath states in his article that “twenty-four percent of K-12 schools ban cell phones altogether, and Sixty-two percent allow phones on school grounds but ban them in the classroom” (para. 1). Students and parents believe that cell phones can provide educational opportunities, along with a means of communication in case of emergency.... [tags: Mobile phone, Education, School, High school]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- Most people don’t abide by the rules and regulations of the road. Most people don’t even know that they are breaking the law because they do it so often. Talking on the cell phone and driving has become a very popular thing these days. Technology is coming out with the newest phones that can do everything for you and people are attracted to that. There are people that don’t have hands free and drive their car with only one hand, people that text and totally take their eye off the road and type conversations to each other.... [tags: Distracted Driving Argument Cell Phone]
1037 words (3 pages)
- The technology has taken over since being invented. Cell phones since the beginning have spread like wildfire taking over the lives of students. Students use their cell phones all the time. “With cell phones tucked in the book bags and pockets of three-fourths of today’s teens, many high schools are ceding defeat in the battle to keep hand-held technology out of class and instead are inviting students to use their phones for learning” (Malone 1).The capabilities of a cell phone today have surpassed the pre- conceptions that many had when it was invented.... [tags: class, cell phones use]
841 words (2.4 pages)
- Tom Smith Professor Rafferty ENG327W Date A Call to Action: Regulate Use of Cell phones On the Road When a cell phone goes off in a classroom or at a concert, we are irritated, but at least our lives are not endangered. When were on the road however, irresponsible cell phone users are more than irritating: They are putting our lives at risk. Many of us have witnessed drivers so distracted by dialing and chatting and making calls in the car that they resemble drunk drivers, weaving between lanes, for example or nearly running down pedestrians in crosswalks.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, Rotary dial]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- USE OF CELL PHONE has positive and negative to the society. The cell phones usage started in 1973. Motorola was the first company to produce cell phones. They produced first cell phones which was connected with the cars. (‘’http: mashable.com’’). People were using car cell phones primary for business. Companies started ab grading cell phones technology throughout the years. Cell phones technologies has variety of options. The use of google maps, video chatting, library book store app, there for today’s cell phones technology allows people to use for both personal and business reasons.... [tags: Mobile phone, Rotary dial, Text messaging]
717 words (2 pages)
- Although cell phones have not been around for a very long time, they have become a key part of our lives. People use their cell phones for just about everything such as: texting, talking, schedule planning, internet surfing, etc. Sometimes we can even do two or more of these things at the same time. Unfortunately, people are also choosing the wrong time to be using their cell phones: while they are driving. As a society, we have become so focused on how much we can do at one time that we are willing to risk our personal safety as well as the safety of others because we can’t put down our cell phones.... [tags: cell phone, technology, argument]
1796 words (5.1 pages)
- In this short summary I will inform you of my policy using the results of the five references that I researched.Consequently, regarding using a cell-phone while driving. The various studies regarding the dangers of texting while driving are well known, and currently 39 states have banned the practice, the research has shown that using a cell phone while driving increases the risk of accidents, and most people assume that the dangerous aspect of cell-phone use is taking one hand off the steering wheel to hold and dial the phone.... [tags: Mobile phone, Bluetooth, Text messaging]
1519 words (4.3 pages)
- Cell phone Technology has been growing tremendous each year since it was invented. While there are numerous advantages to owning and using a cell phone there are just as many disadvantages and hazards that can be caused by them. The estimate of each year is about 1.8 million car accidents caused by cell phone use. 2009 was the year they passed the law of banning cell phones use while driving. It has not stopped the people from using their phones which causes innocent people being injured or killed.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging, Cellular network]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- From alarm clocks to step counters, price checkers to language teachers, smart phones these days have it all. Add instant connectivity to people across the globe, and it’s no wonder young adults are using their phones almost eight hours a day (qtd. in Spend Your Hour). Ironically, excessive cell phone use has neither increased productivity nor created stronger relationships—quite the contrary, actually. University of Maryland researchers are studying whether cell phones cause selfishness and reduce motivation to help others— and their results are indicating support (Dewar).... [tags: Smart Phone Use 2014]
1100 words (3.1 pages)