In today’s market, e-commerce websites are growing at very fast pace, helping online consumers to shop at ease and achieve their goals in their everyday lives. Most of these websites are designed to provide the basis of business services such as online business transactions but do not make purchasing easy for customers.
Generally, an ecommerce website should be user-friendly so that customers can find it useful, interactive and be able to make purchase easily. Such website should always catch the attention of customers and keep hold of them. However, nowadays, many e-commerce websites are failing to keep hold of customers. Why? Just because your website is aesthetically pleasing and operational doesn’t mean you will sell like hotcakes. You need to dwell more on e-commerce usability, make your website more usable.
Want to have a successful e-commerce business? Here are essential usability guidelines in making online shopping easy for your customers.
Effective e-commerce search engine
Many customers prefer to search for products rather than browsing through the categories. Unfortunately, e-commerce search engine doesn’t work well on some websites. You need to make sure that search engine works well and preferably has filters for letting customers refine their results. Product search-ability is a key factor of success in e-commerce and brings in much revenue. Make sure your search engine recognizes popular queries. Allow your search engine to do spell check and auto suggestion, it really helps users to remember or type correctly a product name. If they misspell a product, they may not find what they want and they will think the product is not available on the website. Spell chec...
... middle of paper ...
...a single page with just billing and shipping information and a confirmation page that their order has been completed.
Sign up before checkout process should be optional. Even though this helps the website to capture customer information but it is advisable to give users the option of checking out without signing up on the website.
According to hubspot, “Mobile commerce is the current darling of the ecommerce world.” Every ecommerce website should be mobile-friendly. Customers should be able to view your website – mobile version on their devices. Customers can shop online anytime and anywhere, so let them have an easy access to your website whenever they want to actually purchase a product.
The success of e-commerce websites lies on your website usability, which helps to improve user experience and helps to increase your site revenue.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Online Business Abstract This paper includes the process of online business; how to sell a product, advertising, various ways to create awareness and how to become a reseller. Laws and conditions for an online business. Online Business Introduction This article includes the process of online business; how to sell a product, advertising, various ways to create awareness and how to become a reseller. Additionally it consists of Laws and conditions for an online business, spamming, electronic signatures and online sales tax.... [tags: Ecommerce Ebusiness]
1273 words (3.6 pages)
- An ecommerce website needs to have a unique design meant for prompting the visitors to make online purchases. While designing such websites, the designer takes due consideration of selling goods online. Let’s take a quick tour of all the features which must be there to make an ecommerce website: Unique design: You should understand why it is important for an ecommerce website to have a different design from the usual website. They should all be well-organized with appropriately posted eye-catching colors which will attract the visitors.... [tags: Electronic commerce, Online shopping, Website]
1924 words (5.5 pages)
- Market Analysis Industry Description The ecommerce industry is growing faster than ever. TJ Maxx needs to start focusing more on ecommerce not only to keep up with competition, but also to make sure they do well during weak economic periods. ecommerce, overall, tends to do very well during lackluster economic times. TJ Maxx will be able to cut costs more easily the more they expand their ecommerce business. Our business idea will allow them to expand their ecommerce as we will take over their website and delivery.... [tags: Online shopping, Amazon.com, Electronic commerce]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- Before you will begin your online store in India you should think about the Indian shoppers and their needs.To comprehend the requirements and conduct of the buyer you have to test . While testing you comprehend what exactally the client prerequisites and in like manner you can choose the segment and can set the online market then it will be ideal to make online store in India. As indicated by the need a climatic conditions,habits,trends, you can choose classification of the items and administrations.... [tags: Electronic commerce, Online shopping]
703 words (2 pages)
- Online shopping is becoming more popular with Canadians. For retailers, the implications are considerable. New strategies for attracting customers are being deployed by retailers that integrate ecommerce into their 'traditional' retail businesses. While retailers are benefitting from ecommerce business they must face on-going issues associated with utilizing ecommerce technology. Technology issues, security concerns and a rapidly growing industry are some of the challenges facing retailers within the ecommerce market.... [tags: Retail, Credit Card, Ecommerce]
707 words (2 pages)
- 1 Odel.lk – Apparel Website Odel is one of the biggest retail stores in Sri Lanka that identified the market opportunity in providing their customers with the ultimate shopping experience that they would not find anywhere else in Sri Lanka. This niche and competitive advantage in Odel’s ambience, high quality products, range and variety has made it widely known as the most innovative brand in Sri Lanka today. (Odel Corporate Website, 2013) Odel.lk is an ecommerce website launched by the company itself aiming to provide customers with an online store where products can be purchased and delivered.... [tags: retail store, Sri Lanka, website, mortar, revenue]
2449 words (7 pages)
- The ECommerce Environment of Singapore Geography The Republic of Singapore is located in southeast Asia, south of Malaysia and northwest of Indonesia. The island measures a total of 637 square kilometers with a coastline 193 kilometers long. Singapore is generally comprised of lowland areas with a central plateau in the middle of the island. Its elevation ranges from the Bukit Timah, (166 m.), to the Singapore Strait which is at sea level. Its climate is tropical and wet. Precipitation occurs on 40% of all days, (70% of days in April).... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing Coursework]
1511 words (4.3 pages)
- Introduction In this report I will be explaining to you the benefits and negatives of ecommerce. I will also be talking about electronic payments and the risk of on-line fraud and what it could mean for your business. To finish off this report I will be giving my recommendation, but by then I think you will have already made your mind up whether you want expand your business into the area of ecommerce or not. In the benefits of ecommerce section I will be explaining to you the potential benefits that the world of on-line shopping have to offer to you.... [tags: Electronic Business]
1378 words (3.9 pages)
- Ecommerce The Internet has caught on like wild fire. No one ever intended for it to be so commercially successful. In the beginning, its main purpose was to send and receive messages; no one anticipated that one-day people could buy books and cars over a computer. Though with the advancement of certain technologies, this has happened. E-commerce is a worldwide commodity that has taken the place of trips to the supermarket and has given us the freedom to conduct business at out house in our pajamas.... [tags: Essays Papers]
557 words (1.6 pages)
- Ecommerce Electronic commerce includes almost any exchange of electronic data related to a business operation. In this discussion, I will be focusing on the use of the Internet for business transactions. Companies that use the Internet as their major source of income have a big concern about electronic commerce security to keep them successful in their online business. Although the technology exists to prevent almost all types of aggression, the nature of the Internet makes accomplishment of security measures difficult.... [tags: essays papers]
3309 words (9.5 pages)