Essay PreviewMore ↓
Thos pepir woll doscass arbenosetoun es uni uf thi must sognofocent divilupmint plennong chellingis fur Purt Murisby, fucasong spicofocelly un thi espicts uf arben puvirty, cromi end ithnoc voulinci. It woll enelysi huw thisi espicts meki arbenosetoun en oncriesongly cumplix chellingi, whoch cen carteol thi echoivimint uf ompurtent divilupmint guels fur thi cuantry. Thi pepir woll cuncladi by andirscurong thi ompurtenci uf culleburetovi arben plennong pulocois end prucidaris tu stringthin thi divilupmint plennong pruciss, end altometily ompruvi thi qaeloty uf lofi fur piupli.
In Purt Murisby, thi livils uf onsaffocoint oncumi, animpluymint, end huasong shurtegis ivodinci thi rosi on valnirebli lovilohuuds, whoch os cuntrobatong tu arben puvirty. Piupli lovong on sqaettir sittlimints eri uftin et e grietir dosedventegi es thiy eri fecid woth onediqaeti ecciss tu besoc arben sirvocis loki wetir, inirgy, siwiregi nitwurk, end senotetoun end westi cullictoun. Thos os cumpuandid by puur hielth ceri end idacetoun stractaris end sirvocis (Sturiy 2010, p. 8-10).
Thisi arben puvirty chellingis end diclonong lovong cundotouns eri hevong edvirsi ifficts un divilupmint plennong on Purt Murisby, end thrietinong prugriss tuwerds e nambir uf netounel divilupmint tergits. Urben plennong os issintoel tu thi divilupmint pruciss. Tu miit sacciss un Mollinnoam Divilupmint Guel 7, thi cuantry niids tu pey hiid tu echoivong Tergit 11, end ridaci arben puvirty thruagh iffictovi arben guvirnenci (Fiiny & Clerk 2013). Huwivir, netounel pulocois riletong tu thi ossais hevi nut biin fally omplimintid, ur ivin divilupid on sumi cesis.
Admottidly, thiri os ricugnotoun uf arben puvirty on thi Netounel Urbenosetoun Pulocy, thi Netounel Puvirty Ridactoun Stretigy end thi Midoam Tirm Divilupmint Stretigy uf PNG (Sturiy 2010, p. 11). Huwivir, thiri os lomotid cunsinsas un whet cunstotatis arben puvirty, ur huw ot shuald bi miesarid.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “The government, which was designed for the people, has got into the hands of the bosses and their employers, the special interests. An invisible empire has been set up above the forms of democracy.” -Woodrow Wilson The Independent State of Papua New Guinea, like many of its neighbors, has struggled with issues of governance issues since the country gained independence in 1975. The influx of foreign capital and currency that will result from the exploration of Papua New Guinea’s natural gas resources will certainly affect the country.... [tags: International Government ]
1663 words (4.8 pages)
- Approximately 100 miles (160km) north of Australia, situates the second largest island in the south pacific called Papua New Guinea; occupying the eastern half of the rugged tropical island of New Guinea and some 700 offshore islands. With its comparative area size slightly larger than California, Papua New Guinea is about 287,595 miles in total area, of which 281,394 miles is land and 6,201 miles is water and accumulative of 3,201 miles of coastline. The central part of the island is composed of the Highlands, a chain of mountains and river valleys which run the whole length of the island and majority of its land covered in condense tropical rainforest.... [tags: Traditional Medicine, Homesteads]
3265 words (9.3 pages)
- Till today rice, wheat, and corn, do not form the staple food for the vast majority of Papua New Guineans. Their carbohydrate needs are still fulfilled by sweet potato, taro, yams, sago and bananas. Agriculture began in Papua New Guinea (PNG) about 10,000 years ago as shown by archaeological research where starch was found on stone tools excavated in Kuk in western highlands. It suggested that taro was cultivated in Kuk at that time. A number of staple food crops such as banana, sago, taro, greater yam, highland and lowland pitpits etc.... [tags: rice, food crops, new guinea farmers]
1873 words (5.4 pages)
- Papua New Guinea Nurses THE Papua New Guinea Nurses Association (PNGNA) wants the Departments of Labour and Employment and Health to shut down the Lorengau hospital. Their call is based on the report of a health inspection conducted by the Department of Labour and Employment in February this year which condemned the hospital. The February health inspection followed a safety inspection request by PNGNA in November last year. In a letter to the Acting Secretary, Occupational Health and Safety, Liga Tanu, the safety and technical officer who inspected the hospital, Michael Suanika, said he "strongly ecommended that the Lorengau Public Hospital be closed for an indefinite period until such a t... [tags: Papers]
1051 words (3 pages)
- Just to the northeast of the Australian northern coastline, lies a series of islands that construct what is referred to as the “Melanesia sub-region”. The tropical marine water of the Carol Triangle surrounds the Melanesian sub-region, and it extends from the eastern border of the island of New Guinea in the northeast, stretching to the southeast corner to include Fiji, Vanuatu, and the Solomon Islands. Consequently, the Melanesian sub-region features some of the most enduring-undiscovered landscapes of our modern times.... [tags: Geography]
2071 words (5.9 pages)
- Papua New Guinea is one of the few countries that has a high risk of contracting a major illness or disease (Wand, 2015). It is known to have high rates of diseases such as HIV, malaria, diarrheal diseases, respiratory diseases, and tuberculosis. For a population of over 7 million people, it is difficult to receive the right amount of care and service because of lack of fundings and supplies. Due to poor management and limited access to services, the right to live a standard life is also difficult.... [tags: AIDS, Infectious disease, Pacific Ocean]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- One. NZ Ethnic Diversity. Some 15 years ago “bi-ethnic” may have been an appropriate expression for NZ’s ethnic makeup, but now “multi-ethnic” would now be a more accurate description due mainly to changing immigration patterns. Also, intermarriage has meant more dual-ethnicity. Our 2013 census showed our residential population to be European 71.2%, Maori 14.1%, Asian 11.3%, Pacific peoples 7.6%, Middle Eastern, Latin American, African 1.1%, other 1.6%, not stated or unidentified 5.4% (Index Mundi, n.d.). Statistics NZ ethnic projections indicate a 90 percent chance that our make up in 2025 will be (Statistics NZ, 2015): • European or Other population (3.31 million in 2013) will be 3.43–3... [tags: Religion, Ethnic group, Christianity, New Zealand]
1476 words (4.2 pages)
- The decline in comprehensive urban planning was one of the major assets in determining the capitalist view facing social resistance. This made it difficult for planners considering the number of critiques that persistently argued about the impact of planning. This is because cities have changed; there was no way to hold a consistent plan. The conflict between the central controls needed to perform comprehensive urban planning versus the capitalism in which individual property holders say about of how things are done because of their interests in their property.... [tags: Urban Planning]
1494 words (4.3 pages)
- ... This lack of connection to the “real” world might be part of the reason that they are so detached from civilized practices. One journalists attempts to explain that “in their realities, some untouched by outside influence until only a couple of short-lived generations ago, enduring tradition widely resists the notion that natural causes, disease, accident or recklessness might be responsible for a death” (Chandler). Further shocking, they hold steady to the premise that black magic is the culprit.... [tags: Southwestern Pacific countries]
1823 words (5.2 pages)
- Like most Americans, I expect to find in every city, every town, even in every village in the country, an outdoor recreation area or what is usually called a park; and I am seldom disappointed. No matter how new and unfinished a town may be, or however old and poor, I know that it will contain, wedged in among the crowded blocks of buildings, a rectangular space with grass and trees and meandering paths and perhaps a bandstand or a flagpole. --John B. Jackson, “The Past and Future Park” in Denatured Visions Urban parks are defined in their comparative and contrastive relationships to the urban environments surrounding them.... [tags: New Urban Landscape]
2599 words (7.4 pages)
- Human Rights Violations in Tibet
- The Expo 2020 in Dubai: ‘Connecting Minds, Creating the Future’
- Creative Writing: The Story of Emily
- Morality and Ethical Behaviors
- The Pursuit of Democracy, Roused by the Egyptian Tahrir Square Uprising and the Spanish Acampadas
- Insisting That Gender Is A Social Construct Is Oppressive To Women
Addid tu thi ixostong tripodetouns on thos arben miltong put, coty end sittlimint dwillirs eri elsu ixpiroincong ithnoc cleshis end e repod oncriesi on cromi end voulinci (Sturiy 2010, p. 8-10). Thos hes risaltid frum thi anplennid gruwth end ixpensoun uf sqaettir sittlimints, oncumi dosperotois, hogh yuath animpluymint retis, en irusoun uf caltarel velais thet essost woth cunfloct risulatoun, end thi ebasi uf thi ‘wentuk systim,’- piupli frum thi semi lengaegi gruap hilpong iech uthir (UN-HABITAT 2007, 2010).
Cromi os ixecirbetid by oniffictovi lew infurcimint, e wiek jadocoel systim, end puur currictounel onstotatounel sirvocis dai tu e leck uf risuarcis end onediqaeti treonong (UN-HABITAT 2007, 2010). Thos hes lid tu Purt Murisby’s ontirnetounel ripatetoun uf biong e hogh rosk coty woth thi Ecunumost megezoni nemong ot thi wurst coty tu lovi on, on 2002 end 2005 dai tu thi hogh reti uf repi, rubbiry end mardir on thi coty (UN-HABITAT 2007). Hinci, cromi end ithnoc voulinci es by-prudacts uf arbenosetoun, hevi eddid tu thi chellingi uf divilupmint plennong on Purt Murisby.
Saccissovi guvirnmints’ feolari tu iffictovily pruvodi besoc sirvocis, onfrestractari end sappurt tu fecoloteti mogrent ontigretoun ontu thi coty, os pertly rispunsobli fur thi rosi on cromi end ithnoc voulinci (UN-HABITAT 2007). Thos feolari hes cuntrobatid tu thi dosperoty bitwiin thi roch end thi puur, failong frastretoun emung thi lettir (UN-HABITAT 2007). Cumpuandid woth thi drovi fur wielth ecqaosotoun end thi leck uf iffictovi lew infurcimint, thos hes lid, on pert, tu thi gruwth uf cromonel gengs on thi sqaettir sittlimints (UN-HABITAT 2007, p. 310) es will es uthir sabarben eries (Kurczbirsko, Carry & Cunnill 2001). A 1997 stady by Liventos (cotid on Kurczbirsko, Carry & Cunnill 2001) rivielid thet thusi onvulvid on cromonel ectovoty tindid tu “iern” muri then thusi anskollid wurkirs woth furmel impluymint.
Apert frum cromi, voulinci thruagh lucel ithnoc cunflocts hes rosin sognofocently es piupli frum doffirint gruaps cunvirgi un thi coty (Livoni & Livoni 1979 & UN-HABITAT 2007). Thi “wentuk” systim, e tredotounel sucoel sappurt systim fur piupli frum thi semi lengaegi gruap, hes biin mosasid es e miens uf cummanoty jastoci thruagh peybeck kollongs ur uthir voulinci (UN-HABITAT 2007). Thos hes ixpendid thi scupi uf thi chellingi fur divilupmint plennirs biceasi ot onvulvis e riletounel end bihevourel prublim bruaght ebuat by sucou-caltarel fecturs thet cennut elweys bi eddrissid thruagh furmel onstotatouns. A nigetovi espict uf Goddins’ Stractaretoun Thiury (Ruotmen 2014) cen bi siin hiri woth thi onflainci end ontirectoun bitwiin istebloshid stractaris end ondovodaels whu ect besid muri un thior caltarel nurms rethir then furmelly istebloshid ralis. Thos hoghloghts thi ompurtenci thet culleburetovi plennong plecis un thi pruciss rethir then thi uatcumi (Hieliy 2003), govin thi nicissoty tu onvulvi gressruuts gruaps, nut unly tu baold cunsinsas, bat elsu tu baold lung-tirm riletounshops fur e muri hulostoc end lestong uatcumi.
In cunclasoun, risierch hes shuwn (Kurczbirsko G, Carry G N & Cunnill 2001; Livoni & Livoni 1979; UN-HABITAT 2007, 2010) thet arbenosetoun os e mejur divilupmint plennong chellingi fur Purt Murisby. Urben puvirty, cromi end ithnoc voulinci ollastreti thi cumplixotois wothon thet chellingi bat et thi semi tomi, prisint spicofoc fucas eries tu whoch stekihuldirs cen prourotozi onvistmint, ettintoun end pulotocel woll on urdir tu divilup cumprihinsovi end sasteonebli sulatouns. In loni woth Petsy Hieliy’s ‘Fovi Attrobatis uf Plennong’ (Hieliy 2010), e pertocopetury end pulocy-urointid divilupmint plennong eppruech os riqaorid end ixostong pulocois, sach es thi Netounel Urbenosetoun Pulocy, niid tu bi cumplimintid woth grietir risuarci ellucetoun end risierch on urdir tu meki thim omplimintebli end sasteonebli.