From the very beginning of my secondary school studies, I had a fascination to understand the interplay existed between environmental components, particularly on hydrologic cycle. I always used to remain questioning about the process of groundwater recharge from rainfall along with the mechanism of getting potable water from complex multi-layer aquifer. In my higher secondary school days, once, my father told me that the total amount of water in the earth is constant. I was in deep thinking in this issue, because I assumed the quantity of water is inexhaustible. After observing my frequent and eternal eagerness to learn this topic, my father made a simple model of water cycle, wh...
... middle of paper ...
...uent Treatment Plant (ETP) and consequently untreated effluents from garments, tanneries and pharmaceuticals are intoxicating the surface water sources. To tackle this problem, I need a concrete academic standing with clear understanding in wastewater treatment techniques, which will help me to implement my expertise to lessen intoxication of surface water sources and thereby contribute to the sustainable development of Bangladesh.
Through my strong motivations, self-confidence and perseverance, I am confident that I can overcome the arduous path of graduate program and I am hopeful that graduate study at the University of Texas at San Antonio will serve as a bridge between my career goal and true potentials. I believe, I have potential to make proud UTSA and my country, if I am given the chance.
I am looking forward to be a part of your esteemed graduate program.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Environmental degradation has begun just after the immense human civilization. In recent decades, it has become a major concern for highly populated and developing country like Bangladesh, which has inadequate natural resources also numerous environmental challenges yet to resolve. For this reason, I am motivated to pursue the Master of Science in Civil Engineering (Concentration in Environmental Engineering) degree in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at The University of Texas at San Antonio.... [tags: Water, Hydrology, Groundwater, Water pollution]
1049 words (3 pages)
- Quantitative methods emphasize objective measurements and the statistical, mathematical, or numerical analysis of data collected through polls, questionnaires, and surveys, or by manipulating pre-existing statistical data using computational techniques (McLeod, 2008). This data is very important in making sure organizations, Universities, and every professional work place can ensure there is a way to track change, either good or bad. Quantitative methods can be used in many different ways but collecting the data is the most important part of the equation.... [tags: Sociology, Education, University, School]
950 words (2.7 pages)
- The relationship between a local government and its people is typically a combined form of stability, as well as discordant moments of tension and rising-to-dramatic change. More specifically, the political climate of the local government differs depending on how those people view the three aspects of their governmental calls and needs: rights and responsibility of the people, obligations of their government, and limits on the local governmental authority. In the youth of Texas, the Democratic Party enjoyed electoral dominance on all levels of state government and in the representation in the national government.... [tags: Texas Politics, informative, expository]
1503 words (4.3 pages)
- Ghost Children of San Antonio The legend of the Ghost Children of San Antonio dates back to the first half of the 20th century, with the majority of accounts placing its origins within a period extending from the 1930’s to the 1950’s. The story is based on a supposed freak accident involving a school bus full of children. As the story goes, the school bus stalled over a set of train tracks and was subsequently hit by an oncoming freight train, killing everyone on board the bus. (Weiser) Not soon after this grisly event, it was said that, should anyone park their car on the very same train tracks and place the gears in neutral, the car will roll uphill (seemingly defying gravity) off of the... [tags: Urban Legends Ghost Stories]
1480 words (4.2 pages)
- Texas Campus Carry Texas Campus Carry has been a major topic of debate as of late. Many of those who support Campus Carry believe that concealed handguns allow licensed adults to defend themselves and protect others in the event of a crisis. These supporters believe gun laws only restrict law abiding citizens from their 2nd amendment rights with minimal effect on criminal gun owners. However; many anti-gun activists believe that more guns are not the answer to a gun problem and a Campus Carry law may increase accidental discharges, violence, as well as youth suicides.... [tags: Firearm, Concealed carry in the United States]
1603 words (4.6 pages)
- Speaker Joe Straus Joe Straus has been Speaker for Texas since the year 2009, and is going strong. There isn’t much prior knowledge of the Speaker, but may people and elected officials say that he is doing a great job. Upon research of Joe Straus he has many beliefs and ideas to make Texas a better state than what it already is. Joe Straus believes that any and all co-workers should work together and get along so that way the works gets done faster and more efficient. Teamwork is a very important task because he or she is not alone to try and work on something that he or she can’t do or operate.... [tags: jewish speaker, social media, education]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- One would think, choosing a university would be easy. For some that choice is easy, at first, however a quick uneducated decision could lead too the transfer of schools and loss of earned credits in the process. Before I dive into my choice to attend Excelsior, let 's go back to May 21, 2001, the day I graduated high school. I was a young man, from a small town, where college is the last thing on everyone’s mind. The high school I attended, provided very little education on attending universities.... [tags: High school, College, Vocational school, School]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- The gubernatorial election for a governor occurs every four years. The current governor for Texas is Rick Perry. Rick Perry has served the State of Texas for 12 years or 3 terms. During his serving time he has reduced general revenue spending, kept taxes low, increased the accountability of schools and raised the expectations, and decreased the crime on the border. His term is almost over, so therefore there are new people running for office, this year for the Democratic Party Wendy Davis is running for governor and Leticia VandePutte is running for lieutenant, and for the Republican Party Greg Abbot is running for governor and Dan Patrick is running for Lieutenant governor.... [tags: Smuggling, Human trafficking, Texas]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- The booming industry of Thai cuisines in San Antonio can be a bit confusing and overwhelming at the same time. That is especially for us who loves eating Thai food. Thus for this reason, we have come up with a list to introduce you the best in town. Thai cuisine is best represented with its aromatic balanced taste. Though it is known to be spicy in most of their dishes, it is still apprehended with sour, sweet, salty, and bitter (optional) flavors. Some even regards Thai cuisine as a delineation of Asian food besides from the eminent Chinese dishes.... [tags: Restaurant Review]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- The flourishing industry of Thai cuisines in San Antonio is overwhelming. Especially for us who love eating Thai food. Thus for this reason, we have come up with a list to introduce you the best in town. Thai cuisine is best represented with its aromatic balanced taste. Though it is known to be spicy in most of their dishes, it is still apprehended with sour, sweet, salty, and bitter flavours. Some people even regard Thai cuisine as a delineation of Asian food besides from the eminent Chinese dishes.... [tags: Restaurant Review]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- Pursuing A Political Science Degree
- Legal And Ethical Issues That School Staff Face When Sharing Student Information
- The United States : A Paradise Of Employment And Opportunity From The American Dream
- Managing Business Processes Before Adopting The Erp
- Market Uncertainty Of A Branded Manufacturer
- Pursuing An Mba At The United States Air Force