Universiti Teknologi MARA
Universiti Teknologi MARA or UiTM, established in 1956. UITM can be considered as the largest university in the Malaysia with a main campus, three cable campuses, 12 branch campuses, six city campuses, 25 affiliated campuses and a smart campus for the future. Presently, the Shah Alam campus is host to 45% of the total 100,000 students.
Information system management(ISM) is the one of the course that offered by Universiti Teknologi MARA.ISM is the study of people, technology, organizations and the relationships among them. This programme knows information as a strategic resourse. It is designed to educate and train students with knowledge and skills in managing information. It involves analysing, designing, developing, and managing various types of information systems for identifying, acquiring, organizing, storing, and retrieving as well as disseminating information for users' strategic and competitive purposes. Market of IT expertise are demanding workers that follow the update of technology and this course has teach both of management and system studies which can be applied in organization.
Wawasan Open University(WOU)
Wawasan Open University (WOU) that established in 2006 is one of Malaysia’s leading private institutions of higher learning dedicated to adult learners who seek to pursue tertiary qualifications for professional development and self-enrichment. WOU uses flexible approaches to make higher education accessible to all anytime, anywhere and to create a lifelong learning community for aspiring individuals regardless of their previous educational, ethnic or socio economic background. The University is now reaching out to school-leavers with its introduction of full-time de...
... middle of paper ...
...ebsite using a complex word and term that quite hard to understand such as MPU and ERP without explain the details about the term. Besides, the website also lack of information due to less updated. Next, I can’t find any additional information like article or brochure regarding the courses in internet.
In my assumption, after do an research between this two universities regarding job opportunities in market is UiTM. From the number of course offered 47 UiTM 30WOU we can see that UiTM is better. It’s because the subjects offered to their students more variety and wide which not only focused in system but also teach students in the skills of managing information in organization. In addition, based on my reading there is a challenge for ISM students in market which they have to compete with Computer Science student which market nowdays more demanding on it.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... b) The wireless networks are most of the time unavailable even though ICT fee is paid every semester. As the regular user of the studentzone wireless service in KPTM KL, often the SSID of the studentzone appear on the available Wireless Network Connection list in the right hand side of the toolbar inside the Windows 7. But every time request to connect to the wireless is made dialog box with the message saying that trial to connect to the particular SSID is unsuccessful. Sometimes connecting to the wireless network is successful but the internet is not available or limited access appears at the bottom right of the screen.... [tags: networking, technology, wires]
2315 words (6.6 pages)
- 1.0 Introduction 1.1 IPT chosen INTI International University 1.2 Background 1.2.1 INTI International University INTI International University, Laureate International Universities is a private university located in Putra Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, about 50 km from the center of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It was known as INTI University College until 31 May 2010 when the Higher Education Ministry announced its upgrade to university status. It is owned by INTI Education Group which has formalized its partnership with Laureate International Universities in 2008.... [tags: Malaysian higher education programs]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- Do you know what was the University Technology Mara ( UiTM ) contributes and its importance to the malays since 1956 until now ?. From the beginning RIDA ( Rural Industrial Development ) established in august 1950, RIDA objective is to assist and train the malays in rural areas with potential for improving the economic. Then later RIDA is change it name to “ Dewan Latehan RIDA “ after that in 1966 it called “Maktab MARA”. After some transformation and upgrading processes is done “Maktab MARA” finally is called ITM ( Institude technology Mara ) it is built on the site of 300 acres in Shah Alam by Tun Abdul Razak.... [tags: Education, Descriptive Essay]
764 words (2.2 pages)
- Purpose This research is to evaluate the ISM program which is currently offered at the faculty of information system management (information system) at University Teknologi Mara (UiTM) and faculty of computer science (Graphics and Multimedia Software) at University Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). The evaluation consists of the requirement, fees, background and so on. In this research to compare the weakness and the strength that include in the both of university in the field required. Background Faculty of information management at Universiti Teknologi Mara(UiTM) offered the course start from diploma, bachelor , master and Doctor of Philosophy.... [tags: career and university choices]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- 1.0 PURPOSE 1.1 Background UiTM ISM program, Bachelor of Science Information System Management (Hons), equip graduates with knowledge and skills to take on the challenging demands of managing information in various forms and in various types of organizations. The graduates become the main driving force for the development of a knowledge-based society, transforming Malaysia into a developed nation, ensuring that the country’s rich reservoirs of knowledge are systematically organized, maintained and enhanced for optimum value.... [tags: career and university choices, comparison]
926 words (2.6 pages)
- We all know that old saying “big fish in a small pond.” What about small fish in a big pond, Going to a big college campus to a small college campus can be really jarring or it really could be just that change you need in your life. What pop up to your mind when considering to choose a college after graduating from a school. One may think first consideration is often the size, and when looking at different colleges or universities because there 's a lot to choose from, you really do need to ask yourself this, Do I want to attend a big college or a small university.... [tags: University, High school, School, College]
791 words (2.3 pages)
- DePaul University is an outstanding University. We have so many wonderful amenities and one of the very best teaching staffs ever. However, my concern is our lack of food choices partially because our meal plans can only be used in a few places on campus. The lack of usability of our meal plans in not fair to the students, considering how expensive it is to attend this University. With astronomical costs of living at DePaul, it is reasonable that the University establish a way to use our meal plans as another form of payment in the Lincoln Park and downtown campus.... [tags: University, Education, Chicago, DePaul University]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- To begin this image construction, the author works at The University of Houston – Victoria campus. The Carnegie classification of this campus is a four-year, small, primarily residential with some graduate programs mostly in the school of business. However, the focus of this paper is to examine the meso-level structure that involves the University at the macro-level, the department of Living & Learning at the meso-level, and the author at the micro-level. As illustrated in figure 1. Figure 1. One instance of a micro, meso, and macro level at UHV Sources Bánáthy (1992) opines to initiate the construction of an image or often referred to as a lens; one needs to examine the sources.... [tags: University, Education, College, Academia]
900 words (2.6 pages)
- "My parents didn't go to university and weren't brought up in England. They hadn't heard of any universities other than 'Cambridge' or 'Oxford’ " - Richard Ayoade. This Quote by Richard Ayoade reflects how great and prestigious Oxford and Cambridge were made out to be. Everybody wanted to go there and everybody knew about them. Over the centuries, both the universities have achieved greater and greater things than before. Today, facts throughout all the centuries, decades, and years of Cambridge will be discussed in terms of expansion, academics, new discoveries, and new achievements at Cambridge University.... [tags: university, academics, education, England]
1064 words (3 pages)
- University Foundation The presentation I choose to summarize is Greg Gissendanner’s presentation on the university foundation. Like most of the other presentations in class, Greg used the standard outline of presenting the unit’s history, mission, organizational structure, funding and financial concerns, and current issues. History. Greg showed that while many foundations look fairly similar today, the history of foundation development took on many different forms at different institutions.... [tags: University Foundation Education Essays]
2665 words (7.6 pages)
- Taking a Look at Marriage
- Guduvancheri: A Developing Realty Destination
- Recriuiting the Most Suitable Laboratory Animals for Food Allergy Modeling
- How Sociology Plays into Your Life
- Soliloquy Madness in Hamlet
- The Stress and Coping Strategies Employed by the Students of Engineering and Medical Students in a Semi Urban Area of Karnataka State