Essay PreviewMore ↓
Unified Modeling Language is a language for the designing an object oriented system.
UML was meant to be a unifying language enabling IT professionals to model computer applications.
UML notation set is a language and not a methodology. This is important, because a language, as opposed to a methodology, can easily fit into any company's way of conducting business without requiring change.
It is means for Technical architects to communicate with developers.
UML provides several types of diagrams that increase the ease of understanding an application under development.
By using standard UML diagrams in your work you make it easier for UML-proficient people to join your project and quickly become productive.
UML Consists of 9 diagram models containing both Static and Dynamic models.
• Some of which are:
o Activity Diagram
o Uses Cases Diagram
o Sequence Diagrams
o And Class Diagram
In actuality there is more to UML than diagrams, but for my purposes of this presentation I will be focusing only on the Class Diagram.
Class diagram (slide 2)
o Can be considered prototypes when creating objects.
o Is used to define the static structure of a project
o Most diagrams will contain multiple classes
o Interaction between classes dictates the definition of a system
o Represents the projects blue print
The class diagram shows how the different entities (people, things, and data) relate to each other; in other words, it shows the static structures of the system.
A class diagram can be used to display logical classes, which are typically the kinds of things the business people in an organization talk about — rock bands, CDs, radio play; or loans, home mortgages, car loans, and interest rates.
Class diagrams can also be used to show implementation classes, which are the things that programmers typically deal with. An implementation class diagram will probably show some of the same classes as the logical classes diagram. However it will not be drawn with the same attributes.
A class is depicted on the class diagram as a rectangle with three horizontal sections, as shown in the Figure.
The upper section shows the class's name; the middle section contains the class's attributes they can be considered data definition ; and the lower section contains the class's operations or "methods" they are the action on Attributes.
o + Indicates data is public
Any client creating class object can access
o # Indicates data is protected
Can only be viewed in the inheritance chain
o – Indicates data is private
Not viewable by clients
Class Diagram Relationships (slide 3)
• Links are Basic relationships between objects
How to Cite this Page
"Unified Modeling Language Presentation." 123HelpMe.com. 29 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- UML (Unified Modeling Language) is a universal modeling language in the field of software engineering. It is designed to provide a standard way to visualize the design of a system allowing the programmer to visually see what is required for the software he/she is working on. Many people believe that UML is not important to learn. That it is simply just a time consuming task, and in some cases that is true. But while UML can be time consuming, it can help multiple people understand the essence of a program that is being created.... [tags: Unified Modeling Language, UML diagrams, Flowchart]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- Unified Modeling Language (UML) is a graphical language used many types of systems models which shows different views of a system being design. The UML is used to describe the conceptual view and process view of an automated ticket-issuing system to be used by passengers on a railway station and for a computer-controlled video-conferencing system used with video, audio, and computer data to participants. Diagrams will show the conceptual and process view of these two systems and have justification for each of the decisions in the design.... [tags: Unified Modeling Language]
1221 words (3.5 pages)
- As systems have become increasingly more complex, the need for communicating software systems has become a challenge. In response to that need, the Unified Modeling Language “UML” was developed and serves as a graphical language to describe those complex systems. UML is presently an industry standard representing a software system’s structure, interactions and behaviors in terms of graphical diagrams. UML has many types of diagrams each representing a different view of the system. In object-oriented programming, classes are used to separate and encapsulate business objects and behaviors.... [tags: computer programming]
1396 words (4 pages)
- Lesson Plan: Dimension: Language Modeling Age Group: (18 months – 3 year olds) Toddlers Activity Name: The Very Hungry Caterpillar (La Oruga Muy Hambrienta) CA Learning Foundations addressed: •Foundation: Communication Skills and Knowledge. The children are developing ability to communicate nonverbally and verbally (CDE, 2012. p.51). •Foundation: Receptive Language: The developing ability to understand words and increasingly complex utterances (CDE, 2012, p.47) •Foundation: Expressive Language: The developing ability to produce the sounds of language and use vocabulary and increasingly complex utterances (CDE, 2012.... [tags: Language, Linguistics, Natural language, Reason]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- This task is the calculation reflects my presentation, for the purpose of this task I will review the entire presentation by during and before I had made, under this meditation will go to make a different phase; Including a description of a few of my chosen topics, any kind of material I have used for the transfer of this offer , and the way I applied sudden efforts as well as the experience, knowledge and feedback gained throughout the presentation. My conclusion, I will consider any plan of action which I need to improve my skills in speaking in front of a large audience or any offer in the future.... [tags: Somalia. presentation, research]
805 words (2.3 pages)
- Data modeling is used to represent the system visually. It describes how data should be used to meet certain requirements given by the user. (Ref) This helps to ensure that all the requirements of the system have been met. There are numerous types of models used for different reasons, including logical and physical models. Each type of modeling has a specific purpose and is essential to the overall project. Some modeling describes the logic of the system, while others show the flow of information through the system.... [tags: data modeling, logical models]
913 words (2.6 pages)
- This presentation will explain the basic concept of linking verbs. Linking verbs are verbs that do not perform any action. For example is, was, were, are all part of linking verbs. COPULAR VERBS OR LINKING VERBS Add copula verb is also called a linking verb. It is a word that connects the subject to the complement. It has the function of describing the subject. It is a verb denoting a sensation or existence. Verbs can be classified as primary verbs, auxiliaries and full verbs. Full verbs can be classified as transitive, intransitive and copular.... [tags: Power Point Presentation]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- On Wednesday, November 16, 2011, Katherine Stang, Aresh Kabirnavaei, and Andrew Roller, all students in the Master’s of Forensic Science program gave thesis presentations to the Forensic Seminar Class. The following paragraphs will summarize each topic. Katherine Stang presented her thesis titled, Issues in Forensic Identification and the Use of Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms (SNPs). Short Tandem Repeat (STR) technology is a forensic analysis that looks at specific regions or loci found on nuclear DNA.... [tags: Research Presentation]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- South Africa is diverse in culture but could be unified in language. English should be South Africa’s unifying language. It is necessary to understand what nationhood is, so that you the reader realise that a national language does not alter a nation. It binds the nation. I will also discuss South Africa’s diverse cultures and how a unifying language can merge these cultures. Lastly, I will demonstrate the links between language and identity. The concept of a nation is not easily defined. ”Nationalism is a deeply contradictory enterprise.” (P Brooker, 1999,148).... [tags: essays research papers]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- Introduction This paper has the intention to explain what Rational Unified Process (RUP) is like an IBM product and a CASE tool. After is explained what phases it has, what are the most common extensions thus what are its workflows more used. The Rational Unified Process (RUP) is a software design method created by the Rational Software Corporation and now is part of IBM developer software. This paper describes how to deploy software effectively. The Rational Unified Process (RUP) use commercially proven techniques, and is a heavy weight process, and hence particularly applicable to larger software development teams working on large projects.... [tags: essays research papers]
1248 words (3.6 pages)
Aggregations are more specific that association but are non-vital which means it can be destroyed and the class could remain. Such as a park and people. If the Park is destroyed the people still exist.
Compositions are even more specific than aggregations and are vital to the diagram. If a composition is destroyed than the whole diagram is affected. For example if that same park is destroyed than all the trees in it would be as well.
• Class level
o A Generalization means that a subclass is considered to be a specialized version of the super class like in the following figure. The Preferred Customer is a specialized version of customer
o A Realization is when one component realizes the command of another component. In other words, the client executes the behavior specified by the supplier.
o A Dependency is a weaker pond where as the name implies one class is dependent on another class. The dependent class wait for the independent class to initiate the action
Class Diagram Relationships (slide 4)
Most diagrams will contain multiple classes an example would be a Product Order Class interacting with Order Payment Class
For a class diagram like this one, you should draw the inheritance relationship using a line with an arrowhead at the top pointing to the super class, and the arrowhead should be a completed triangle.
An association relationship should be a solid line if both classes are aware of each other and a line with an open arrowhead if the association is known by only one of the classes.
There are several software tools that help you to integrate UML diagrams into your software development process, but even without automated tools, you can use markers on a whiteboard or paper and pencils to draw your UML diagrams and still achieve benefits.