Section 705 ILCS 405/5-105 includes the submission of a written report that includes an investigation and report of the minor 's physical and mental history and condition, family situation and background, economic status, education, occupation, personal habits, minor 's history of delinquency or criminality or other matters which have been brought to the attention of the juvenile court, and other aspects of the offenders background. Section 705 ILCS 405/5-130 entails that minor under Section 5-120 of this Article shall not apply to any minor who at the time of an offense was at least 16 years of age and who is charged with first-degree murder, aggravated criminal sexual assault, or aggravated battery with a firearm. This bill SB1830 amends the Criminal Code of 2012 and the Unified Code of Corrections. The bill was filed by Senator Don Harmon who organized a committee with Barbara Flynn Currie (Democratic Chairperson), Ed Sullivan (Republican Spokesperson), Lou Lang and Frank J. Mautino (Democratic Members) and David R. Leitch (Republican Member).
Since 1899 juvenile crime has been on an increase. Then the juvenile ...
... middle of paper ...
...ally, the majority of the court 's delinquency work is in the handling of a large volume of crimes against property such as larceny, vandalism, and motor vehicle theft (Behrman, 1996).
Are juveniles responsible for their actions? Some may argue yes. These believers consider juveniles as adults and insist they should be treated as such when committing crimes. Since 1992 juvenile crime has had the public in inordinate terror. Which in turn has society standing on the assumption that an offender will become a repeat offender. For statistics show 59% of all young people coming into juvenile court never return. However, those who come into court by referral increase their chances of a return. 41% of juveniles with one referral will obtain a second referral, 59% of second referral juveniles will acquire a third referral, and 67% of them will return for a fourth or more.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As civilizations grew, their people realized the need for laws to keep the civilization unified under the ruler 's power. Mesopotamia, India, and China, being three of the biggest civilizations of the ancient world, have exceedingly different and extremely similar laws of societal conduct. At the time of King Hammurabi 's rule, there was constant warring between neighboring states. He wrote the Code of Hammurabi, consisting of 282 laws to reinstate his order and unify Mesopotamia under one law code.... [tags: Code of Hammurabi, Law, Mesopotamia, Social class]
1414 words (4 pages)
- Many different facets compose the makeup of a prison community. One of the main components of the prison culture is the correctional officer. The individuals that are responsible for the security at correctional facilities such as a prison are better known as CO’s or correctional officers. Typically, the higher the security levels of the prison, the lower the ratio of inmates to correctional officers. “State averages of inmates to COs range from about 3.5 to 1 up to 8 to 1 (with national averages of 5.4 to 1 in 2000), but these numbers have to be taken with a grain of salt” (Foster, 2006, p.164).... [tags: women prision, correctional officer]
1392 words (4 pages)
- UML (Unified Modeling Language) is a universal modeling language in the field of software engineering. It is designed to provide a standard way to visualize the design of a system allowing the programmer to visually see what is required for the software he/she is working on. Many people believe that UML is not important to learn. That it is simply just a time consuming task, and in some cases that is true. But while UML can be time consuming, it can help multiple people understand the essence of a program that is being created.... [tags: Unified Modeling Language, UML diagrams, Flowchart]
769 words (2.2 pages)
- Unified Modeling Language (UML) is a graphical language used many types of systems models which shows different views of a system being design. The UML is used to describe the conceptual view and process view of an automated ticket-issuing system to be used by passengers on a railway station and for a computer-controlled video-conferencing system used with video, audio, and computer data to participants. Diagrams will show the conceptual and process view of these two systems and have justification for each of the decisions in the design.... [tags: Unified Modeling Language]
1221 words (3.5 pages)
- Victimization is what happens to a person as when another person deliberately harms them, assaults them physically, sexually or even mentally as well as if they purposely took their possessions or property without the other persons consent. People are victimized every day and all over the world. Violent acts happen to everyday people in their homes, at their work places or just about anywhere. These horrific acts are brought to our attention by the several different types of media outlets. But there are people who are subject to this type of violence that we do not hear about and they are inmates in our correctional facilities.... [tags: Prison, Crime, Criminal justice, Corrections]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- The Future of Corrections The future of corrections is going to be impacted from everything from the national economy to the aging prison population. In this paper we will be covering the economic impact of corrections and how it will decide the course of corrections in the future. We shall also look into the aging population of prisons and the overcrowding based on this phenomenon. A look into the prison population as a whole as well as the community based corrections such as probation. The U.S.... [tags: Prison, Recidivism, Penology, Corrections]
1933 words (5.5 pages)
- Over the course of the three weeks, Professor Marchi touched based on the importance of corrections in criminal justice. The main purpose of corrections in the criminal justice system is to punish offenders who commit any crimes. By punishing offenders it will deter any offender from committing any more crimes. Corrections ensure that communities are safe, the fear of crime is reduced, and it establishes the idea of getting treatment. A controversial correctional issue that interest me is giving offenders the choice to participate in a rehabilitation program so that they can gain resources needed to function in society.... [tags: Crime, Criminal justice, Corrections, Criminal law]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- There are various agencies throughout the country that have a role in every community. In Arizona there are several police agencies that have a huge role in the community; but the organization that has driven my attention and I have spent time reviewing is The Arizona Department of Juvenile Corrections. The Arizona Department of Juvenile Corrections is not just about handling the behavior of the youth, but it is for safer communities through the youth. Their mission is not only to enhance public protection, but to also help change the delinquent thinking and behaviors of juvenile offender’s committed to the Department.... [tags: High school, Psychology, Corrections, Youth]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- The Basic Goals and Philosophy of Corrections for the 21st Century in America The view on corrections have changed over the years. While corrections is a main function of the criminal justice system, it is designed to regulate behaviors considered so dangerous that they cannot be tolerated within the confines of society (Siegel & Bartollas, 2014). After 9/11, society’s reactions to crime and punishment have intensified. A more conservative, hardline approach to corrections is encouraged, even with the declined crime rate.... [tags: Prison, Crime, Criminal justice, Corrections]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- Community corrections have always been a target of cultural criticisms and many do not agree or approve when convicted offenders are allow to reenter the community. Most convicted offenders remain in the community, community corrections has always been undervalued and undersupported. Community correction is not financially support from the members of the community at all (Wilson & Petersilia, 2011). Many community would not easily accept a convicted offender in their community, even though today’s society are more acceptable on giving a second chance and many crimes are considered petty to some people.... [tags: Crime, Criminal justice, Prison, Corrections]
728 words (2.1 pages)