I am committed to UNESCO’s mission. My particular background and interests are in advancing the overarching objectives related to sustainable development, education for all, and intercultural dialogue. I also understand the importance of monitoring and administering policy decisions to measure their progress towards defined objectives. Through my previous work with the Economic Policy Research Institute (EPRI), a non-governmental organization that promotes economic growth and social equity in developing countries, I gained valuable experience in this area by laying the groundwork for the future monitoring of a new policy to foster development. With EPRI, I developed a baseline report on a new social development program called Partners in Protection to be implemented in Mozambique. I was involved in every step of this pr...
... middle of paper ...
...to work in the public sector where I can influence policy for education and economic development. I want to pursue this career path because of my desire to delve into the challenges that face developing nations and to participate in the search for solutions. I will continue my advocacy for improving educational quality, cultural understanding, and sustainable development. While working for BSP, I wish to gain experience in the planning, implementation, and monitoring of development policy. I am also interested in learning about the connection between planning and budgeting and how best to maximize policy effectiveness given this constraint. The knowledge and experience gained from this position will be invaluable for my ultimate career goals. Thank you for considering my application. I am grateful for the opportunity to apply and I look forward to hearing from you.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I am completing my Fulbright Grant year as an English Teaching Assistant in South Korea. In this role, I teach conversational English to students and hold teachers’ workshops at Gwangyang High School, an all-boy’s school. Upon my arrival, I was quickly able to adjust to the school environment, feeling integrated with the other teachers and comfortable with the students. I applied specifically to Fulbright Korea because I wanted to gain greater insight into the country’s recent economic success and add diversity to my international experiences by immersing myself in an Asian culture with which I was not yet familiar.... [tags: Personal Experience]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- The Fulbright Program “A human being is part of a whole, called by us the “Universe,” a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest -a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affections for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its body.” - Albert Einstein - “Friendship is the only cement that will ever hold the world together” - Woodrow Wilson - I.... [tags: Papers]
2432 words (6.9 pages)
- The most significant experience I have had in my life was coming to the United States without speaking much English, going to school, and earning the Bachelor’s degree. Living in a foreign country and going to school was very challenging, especially when I was a self-supporting student working and attending classes at the same time. I achieved it by my motivation, discipline, and flexibility, as well as the emotional supports from family and friends. Throughout the experience of living in the U.S., I have learned important aspect of life, extended understanding and respect toward other cultures, and matured greatly as a person, which I could never be accomplished if I stayed in Japan.... [tags: Admissions Essays, Application Essay]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Striving for perfection is a natural force, which has led mankind to its present state of advancement. Perfection, for me, means enhancing my knowledge in specific field of interest which will enable me to contribute to the advancement of society in general and to deeper understanding of my field in particular. It is with these objectives in mind that I wish to pursue the Ph.D. program in Operations and Supply Chain Management (OSM) at Texas A&M University (TAMU). Following undergraduate studies in industrial engineering at Seoul National University, I applied my knowledge as an air force officer of the Republic of Korea.... [tags: perfection, engineering, research, program]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- The product that this company will be providing is a software application that can be placed on your mobile device in addition to being able to be accessed online. Users will download the application from our website directly allowing for them to select the application that fits their needs. For the first product line we will be targeting provincial meat processing plants. This product line will allow for the users to easily complete government required paperwork. There will be three versions of this software.... [tags: System software, Application software]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- Supporting Statement. Please read the further particulars for the post before completing this section: these will describe the sort of skills, experience, knowledge, or abilities which are required (the ‘selection criteria’). Your skills and experience may have been gained though paid employment, voluntary/community work, domestic responsibilities, spare-time activities, and training. Your application will be judged solely on the basis of how your skills and experiences match the requirements for the post.... [tags: Job Application]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- I had chosen to specialize in legal studies as a path of study and profession while I was still in high school. At the time, I also worked as a part-time administrative assistant at a local law firm, as means to gain relevant insight to the appropriate professional conduct in a work place, in addition to providing for myself at a time during which my family was braving dire financial difficulties. One day, and as I was about to leave for home, an upset elderly woman walked into the office. At that time, there was but the senior lawyer and myself in the firm, so I did my best to settle her down and led her to the lawyer in his office.... [tags: School Admission Request]
800 words (2.3 pages)
- ... This will be further discussed below. The field study conducted for this report was performed in Stockholm, Sweden. The Company is a Nordic international construction company, and a leader in its industry. With group sales of SEK 57 billion in 2012 and approximately 18,000 employees, the Company is well-known in its industry for its high code of conduct and a strong sense of responsibility for its employees, a high degree of social awareness and awareness of its contribution concerning global issues.... [tags: hollistic and sustainable approach]
2714 words (7.8 pages)
- I always believe that every researcher should be equipped with the best of the knowledge that is available. The doctoral program in University of Calgary will provide me with an opportunity to learn more about adult education and prepare me to be a senior level educator and researcher. That is why I am applying to the Ph.D. program in Educational Studies in Adult Learning, in the Werklund School of Education at the University of Calgary. I am very motivated to commit myself to academic pursuits in the field of educational studies; particularly, I am planning to do quality research on educational issues within adult education and adult learning contexts.... [tags: education, researcher, adult, learning]
1071 words (3.1 pages)
- SQLite in Android Applications If we look at the architecture of Android we come to know that SQLite is present in the libraries section as the resident or embedded Relational DBMS, which can be used in applications in which content provider is involved (Holla & Katti, 2012). Architecture of android application is given in the figure 1. It is important to store, use and modify data by using SQLite in the system because Android provides the facility of this database to the people so that they can access the information that are presents in the contact list or mainly in its main RDBMS.... [tags: SQL, Database, Database management system]
1708 words (4.9 pages)