To understand the complex and curious nature of “Jersey Shore” we must first understand exactly what this television show is and how it began. The original concept for the show according to VH1 producer Anthony Beltempo was: “ A show focusing on the "guido” lifestyle for TV, in the form of a competition series.” (Schneider) After a few months of tinkering and testing, the show debuted on December 3, 2009 and was featured on the MTV network instead of VH1 to appeal to a younger more chaotic age demographic. Instead of being a competition series, the show featured eight strangers becoming housemates while living in a paid for summer share in Seaside Heights, New Jersey. The first season of the ...
... middle of paper ...
...icles From The New York Daily News. NY Daily News, 29 Apr. 2011. Web. 15 Oct. 2011.
"Jersey Shore (TV Series)." Wikipedia, the Free Encyclopedia. Web. 14 Oct. 2011.
Hedegaard, Erik. "Snooki!" Rolling Stone 17 Mar. 2011. Web. 14 Oct. 2011.
Schneider, Michael. "Jersey Shore: In Their Own Words" TV Guide 14 Mar. 2011: 10-11. Web. 14 Oct. 2011.
Seidman, Robert. "MTV Is the #1 Cable Network for 12-34 Year Olds - Ratings | TVbytheNumbers." TVbytheNumbers.com. TV by the Numbers, 1 Apr. 2010. Web. 16 Oct. 2011.
"Italian-Americans Slam 'Jersey Shore' - UPI.com." UPI.com. United Press International, 4 Dec. 2009. Web. 14 Oct. 2011.
Stelter, Brian. "Reality Show Payrolls Rise With Stardom - NYTimes.com." Nytimes.com. The New York Times, 26 July 2010. Web. 14 Oct. 2011.
“Tallafornia” – the Irish Jersey Shore!" Spin1038.com. Spin 103.8. Web. 17 Oct. 2011.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- At the very beginning of the internet age in the early 1990’s, web analytics was only available to a few, large organizations that could sufficiently invest in its effective implementation. Small businesses were left in the dark in gaining insights about their website. The only viable option was to survey customers through the mail or in-person to evaluate whether they visit the site, when they visit the site, for how long they visit the page, and any recommendations that they had for website improvements.... [tags: Small business, Business, New Jersey]
796 words (2.3 pages)
- It is evident that MTV’s The Jersey Shore is playing on the television when one hears the pervasive lyrics of the opening credits. The song, Get Crazy by LMFAO, portrays exactly what the show stands for, stupidity. A verse of the song states, “I got the goose alright ok, I'm feelin’ loose alright ok, she love the beat alright ok, we love them D's”. The “D’s” stated in the song refer to the size of a woman’s breasts. The song continues to discuss matters such as drinking, partying at clubs, women as “whores,” and the continued reference to women’s breasts.... [tags: Television Reality TV]
3067 words (8.8 pages)
- The most popular reality television show of the 21st century so far is Jersey Shore, featured on MTV. With billboards all over New York City promoting it, is obvious the number one reality show choice. The show features: Jolie, JWoww, The Situation, Snooki, Pauly D, Ronnie, Sammi, Angelino and Vinny. The 9 of them live in the same house in a different city each season and have certain agenda’s. The main agenda, partying, happens to also be the main theme of the show. The characters do also have some responsibilities in the house, such as cleaning and a few of them even have jobs.... [tags: reality tv]
1051 words (3 pages)
- Inequality is inevitable. Over these past few months, we have been circled by medias input on discrimination and seen injustice play out throughout the world. This was all looked upon through a large scale, but how unfair or unequal are things on a smaller one. Jersey City is one of the most diverse cities and is divided into smaller and easily accessible sections and so I decided it would be the best place to observe the realities around me. Since the concept of inequality is existent, I decided to try to find where it was located in Jersey City.... [tags: High school, Middle school, Jersey City]
1657 words (4.7 pages)
- The 2008 financial crisis gave birth to one of the most significant economic periods in the history of the United States, The Great Recession. People coast to coast found themselves buried so deeply by financial ruin that foreclosing on homes, ditching costly health insurance, and filing for bankruptcy became the societal norm. The country had become a house-less and jobless nation in the blink of an eye. In less than a year, the national unemployment rate had nearly doubled and left economists painting a grim future.... [tags: Unemployment, Employment, Cory Booker, New Jersey]
2394 words (6.8 pages)
- Whether it is through internet usage, newspaper articles, or everyday communication, society has been exposed to reality television shows. With television stations clamoring for higher ratings, promotional techniques stretch wide and far. Advertisements plaster public buildings, radio stations fill airwaves with popular cast interviews, and even local news channels make it a point to mention particularly sensational occurrences. The seemingly endless variety of topics in which reality shows are based provides appeal to a previously unprecedented audience.... [tags: Jersey Shore, Teen Mom, American Idol]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- I chose to talk about a Motion Picture Palace in New Jersey because it is my father’s hometown and it has a significant meaning to my family and me. The name of the Motion Picture Palace I chose is the “Jersey City Loews.” This theater is located in Jersey City, New Jersey, in a well-known business district, residential area, and transportation center, which is also a popular entertainment and shopping area called “Jersey Square.” This theater was inspired by the Baroque/Rococo era style and was designed by the architectural firm Rapp and Rapp.... [tags: New York City, New Jersey, Secaucus, New Jersey]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- West Orange is a suburban township that’s located in central Essex County, New Jersey, United States. The district of West Orange is highly involved with the community, the safety of the citizens involved and try to interact with them as in activities too. Many residents/citizens move from different townships into West Orange because it’s considered as a safe environment especially, for good school standards for children. As in, when someone asks, “In what city do you live in?” and your response would be West Orange.... [tags: Crime, Police, Criminology, New Jersey]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- Shore Road Mystery by Franklin W. Dixon The Hardy boys, Frank and Joe, were driving down Shore Road and they heard a report about a stolen car. Frank and Joe raced towards the scene and saw the stolen car. Suddenly, a big red produce truck came right into the middle of the road. The boys had to slam on their brakes. They crashed into a fence and were dazed but not hurt The driver came out of the truck and said he was sorry. Frank thought something was fishy about the guy. They both went home and tried not to let their mother see all their cuts and bruises.... [tags: Dixon Shore Road Mystery]
1091 words (3.1 pages)
- When I first looked at this final assignment, I immediately thought of a few friends that might be able to help me out completing this final assignment. I was completely incorrect and surprised at the same time. I did not think my friends would say no to me. I’m guessing that my friends didn’t want to share their childhood experiences with me or no one and I totally respect that. Honestly, I didn’t know what to do next. So I went to my parents’ house one evening to ask them if they know anyone from a different ethnicity or culture that I can interview him or her for a school assignment.... [tags: Family, United States, New Jersey, Time]
1075 words (3.1 pages)