Medications: the part of medicine that deals with your health from outside. Millions of clinical solutions with different purposes are used in hospitals and domestics houses. The effectiveness of these solutions are going to depend on their chemistry. If an average adult takes a gummy vitamin complex supplement the vitamin in take will be almost insignificant. If that same adult takes a vitamin complex supplement tablet the intake of the vitamin will affect the body. What makes the difference? A gummy vitamin has as much sugar as a regular gummy beard sold at the grocery store, but the vitamin in it is sufficient for a child between the age of two and six. Tablet vitamin complex have a higher concentration of the vitamin making it simpler for the body to absorb.
This paper will discuss the basics on the chemistry of solutions including the effects of solubility including examples in the medical field. More importantly, it will include a presentation on intravenous or parenteral solutions, describing how the solution is made and how does it mix in the blood stream. The importance of parenteral solutions relies in the fast response it has on the body.
A mixture is the result of the combination of two or more substances. These are classified as homogeneous, heterogeneous and colloid. Heterogeneous are mixtures of substances that do not combine. Per example, Children’s Advil, this is a suspension as it combines solids and liquids (100mg of Ibuprofen per 5ml of liquid solution including flavorings). Homogeneous mixtures are uniform. From homogeneous mixtures, one can find either a solution or a pure substance. Solutions are mainly use as a synonym of homogeneous mixtures, bu...
... middle of paper ...
...arma Solution Private Limited –
Powered by Comm100." Parenteral Route of Drug Administration - NCK Pharma
Solution Private Limited - Powered by Comm100. Pharma Knowledfe Base, 29 July 2011. Web. 14 Feb. 2014. http://hosted.comm100.com/knowledgebase/Parenteral-Route-of-Drug-Administration_A109.aspx?id=109&siteid=95439
"Pedialyte." Pedialyte. Abbott Palistan, n.d. Web. 17 Feb. 2014.
Stubblefield, Heaven. "Parenteral Nutrition." Healthlines RSS News. Ed. George Krucik. Health
Line, 21 Jan. 2014. Web. 14 Feb. 2014. http://www.healthline.com/health/parenteral-
"Total Parenteral Nutrition: MedlinePlus Drug Information." U.S National Library of Medicine.
U.S. National Library of Medicine, 09 Jan. 2010. Web. 17 Feb. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The general practices of a Clinical Psychologist is to asses patients, diagnose disorders and recommend possible treatments. They integrate scientific theories, understand, and focus on intellectual, emotional, biological, social and behavioral adjustments. They allow people to vent and cope with their feelings while determining what exact type of treatment would best suit them and their emotional well-being. To become a Clinical Psychologist it can become a very difficult and distressing job and it may or can become overwhelming.... [tags: Psychology, Psychiatry, Clinical psychology]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- Clinical Hypnotherapy For Asthma - When to Seek Asthma Treatment What is asthma. The NIH describes as a chronic disease of the lungs where the airwaves are extremely agitated and Wayne. This typically happens during the early morning or late in the evening where person expelling shortness of breath, chest tightening and coughing. While there are many possible solutions that exist on the market, asthma sufferers are increasingly open to alternative therapies like hypnotherapy and can be sintered when evaluating psychological triggers associated with asthma attacks.... [tags: Asthma, Immune system, Salbutamol, Anxiety]
1383 words (4 pages)
- Understanding ADN and BSN Nursing is a career full of heartfelt moments, struggles, achievements, and lifelong lessons; a career of passion, commitment, and selflessness. There are multiple educational paths to choose when becoming a registered nurse (RN) including Associates Degree Nursing (ADN) and Baccalaureate Degree Nursing (BSN). Once perquisite classes are complete, an ADN is a two-year path of nursing courses providing the foundation of nursing care. Texas Board of Nursing (TBON, 2011) explains nurses with an ADN should be able to use clinical judgment and knowledge in healthcare settings with “promotion, preventions, rehabilitation, maintenance, and restoration of heath in individua... [tags: Nursing, Health care, Nurse, Health]
1452 words (4.1 pages)
- Corrigan argues that clinical diagnosis might exacerbate the stigma of mental illness. In Corrigan’s study clinical diagnosis adds groupness for the collection of people with mental illness which worsens the level of prejudice (Corrigan 34). Corrigan states that this ultimately leads to overgeneralization, as there is an assumption that all individuals diagnosed with the same mental disorders behave the same way (Corrigan 34). According to Corrigan the stereotypic description of mental illness perceives to the public that, people with diagnosis are not likely to recover from those disorders, which can lead to pessimistic attitudes from the public (Corrigan 35).... [tags: clinical diagnosis]
1641 words (4.7 pages)
- Social Network for Rare and Neglected diseases in India – Strategy, Solutions and Issues Introduction With the sudden onset of social media the world seems to be a much smaller place. Out of the millions of people all over the world a huge chunk of them are either on Facebook, twitter, my space or are connected via some platform of social media. However when we look closely we see that this platform has made itself very popular in all kinds of markets except for the healthcare market. What this paper aims to achieve is put forward a support model to introduce and market a social media healthcare platform and bring together people to connect and meet across various neglected diseases platfo... [tags: social media, healthcare, communication, WHO]
2140 words (6.1 pages)
- Understanding Major Depressive Disorder Gabriela Martinez Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) is referred as clinical depression it’s a medical condition that can affect many aspects of your life. For example, it can impact mood, behavior, physical functions such as appetite and sleep. People can feel sadness throughout life because that is what human have to experience in order to grow as someone stronger. However, this is just for short period of time and when someone has persistent and intense feeling of sadness for a long time then they may have MDD.... [tags: Major depressive disorder, Bipolar disorder]
1177 words (3.4 pages)
- Research Critique of New Graduates' Perceptions of Clinical Practice The article involved in this research critique focuses on the "stresses and challenges experienced by graduate nurses in clinical practice during their initial orientation period and examines the relationship of social support to these stresses" (Oermann, 1997). The critiquing of this article will address the purpose of the article, the design of the research, the presentation of the findings in the study and the significance of this research to the nursing profession.... [tags: Papers]
640 words (1.8 pages)
- Psychology Psychology is concerned with understanding, evaluating, alleviating, and preventing mental and emotional disorders and promoting human adaptation, adjustment, and personal effectiveness and satisfaction. Psychologists address the intellectual, emotional biological, psychological, social, and the many different behavioral aspects of human functioning across the lifespan, varying cultures, and all socioeconomic levels of humans. Psychology is an absolute science that creates research efforts to find and confirm data about what people are like and why they behave the way they do.... [tags: Psychology, Clinical psychology, Psychotherapy]
1269 words (3.6 pages)
- Often when asked to compare, will confuse the Psychiatry and Psychology professions. Even more often people will go so far as to say they are interchangeable. While these two professions can overlap and do have many similarities, they are not the same. In this paper, I will focus on three main points of comparison between both practices. These points will be Education and Licensure requirements, Objective of Practitioners, and various approaches utilized. According to the American Psychological Association website, Psychology can be defined as "...... [tags: Psychology, Clinical psychology, Psychiatry]
1001 words (2.9 pages)
- Management Concepts and Systems The National Academy of Sciences notes that the United States has many of the world’s most successful clinical research facilities and cutting edge medical technology, but there has not been as much of an effort to establish a system to measure the quality of care and the productivity of the healthcare system (National Academy of Engineering and Institute of Medicine Committee on Engineering and the Health Care System, 2005). Each of these concepts have certain strengths and weaknesses.... [tags: Clinical Research Facilities, Sciences]
1560 words (4.5 pages)