My three key strengths include attention to detail, numerical reasoning and problem solving. An example where I have used all of these would be my sixth form courses that I did in the previous 2 years before I applied to this university. The Courses that I did were business, IT and science. The science course allowed me to perfect my attention to detail as every solution needed to contain the correct amounts of different ingredients. In one of the workshops that we carried out we needed to make a solution that contained specific amounts of ingredients. One of them needed to be 50ml and the other 25ml. When I saw all my classmates estimate the amounts I grabbed a measuring cup and measured out every drop. This allowed me to make the correct solution on the first try when some of my peers had to try a few times. The business course allowed me to strengthen my numerical reasoning which allowed me to complete the course with no problems. This is also the reason I got interested in an accounting course since the business course included some accounting modules. In the IT course however I needed to use my problem solving skills to make sure that I pass the course and finish all my projects on time.
The areas that I need to improve on are Influencing, training and leading. These areas are specific because it is something that would most likely be needed in the profession that I want to go into. I have used these skills before but I wasn’t particularly effective with them. This also happened in my sixth form courses when I needed to create a group presentation with my classmates. When I told my classmates what to do they just ignored me and went on with their conversations. This made it hard for m...
... middle of paper ...
...y afloat. Another career that I could go into is as an auditor. This would also be a good option for me as it also includes the work values that I would want. I will most likely go into the career of a stock trader because it is something that I wanted to do since I applied for the accounting and finance course.
The next steps that I need to take in order to achieve my career goals include finishing this course and possibly doing a master’s degree. I will also attempt to do internships over the course of my degree and also a possible year out in industry as my 3rd year. Throughout the next few years I will also be looking at potential employers in my chosen career so when I leave and I know of companies that I can apply to. I will also attempt to apply for internships or part time work at these companies so I can prove to the employer that I would be a good employee.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Emotional intelligence is ‘a set of competencies that allows you to apply thinking and feeling to make optimal decisions.’ (SEI leadership report, 2013) In the report, the author makes critical analysis of the result of the SEI report. By presenting the analysis by ‘Know yourself’, ‘Choose yourself’ and ‘Give yourself’, the author has a more clear understanding of her strengths and weakness concerning her EQ. Based on the skills and analysis, the author applies the theory into her future professional career development in order to achieve her career goal.... [tags: emotional intelligence, team work, motivation]
1398 words (4 pages)
- ... During college I had learned to be a person with more discipline and less naive. Have a correct behavior it is one of the best aspects to have as a student. Make an agenda, organize your schedules, have a study place and others, are the best examples to tell how discipline works and how do I work. I am the kind of student that tries to clutch into new ideas, think of for what and why something occurs and figure out how to solve problems for a better life. Curious, smart, kind, helpful are also values that describe my personality and further my identity as a college student.... [tags: identity, student, culture]
542 words (1.5 pages)
- It 's important to learn how to get to know yourself. Great things are going to happen if you do. Doors will open up, happiness will increase, and you will start living according to your own desires in life, which will feel amazing. You won 't feel like you are living someone else 's life or in someone else 's shadow. You won 't feel uncertain about what you want to do next. You will understand who you are and make choices based on that understanding. And, you will be able to say no to people when you need to.... [tags: 2007 singles, Debut albums, Emotion, Anxiety]
2139 words (6.1 pages)
- Carla is an eighteen-year-old girl, tall, with long dark hair, pale skin, and big brown eyes. You can spot her immediately in a room full of adults. It’s not only her young age that sets her apart here at Salem’s Hospital Adult Psychiatric unit, but also her positive and bright affect. She seems to be the only one smiling and talking loudly on this gloomy Tuesday morning. I sit down across from her in my student nurse scrubs and introduce myself. “Hi, how are you. How’s your morning. How did you sleep last night?” Her responses are all coherent and perky.... [tags: Psychiatry, Mental disorder, Psychiatric hospital]
1570 words (4.5 pages)
- a. What have you learned about yourself. I became much more aware that I am a normal human being who has emotions. I realized that I had trained myself to use my head, in all kinds of circumstances, to cope with people who did not accept me or who were adversaries. Unfortunately, the list of those who did not consider me a human being with emotions, desires and basic human needs was much longer than the one of people who were genuinely interested in my health and wholeness while I adjusted to the U.S.... [tags: Human, Religion, Culture, Emotion]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- A Better Understanding of World Religions In order for Christians to have a deeper understanding of their faith and how it is lived out through their actions, they need to understand what makes their religion different or similar with other world religions. For the last 2000 years Christians have been sending evangelist out to all parts of the world having to contest with different world religions “So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers” (Ephesians 4:11, New International Version Bible).... [tags: Islam, Religion, Christianity, God]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- Introduction There are many facets of a relationship with God. They can be known in the Christian community as disciplines. Worship although identified as a Christian discipline is more about relationship, love and honour to the Father. It is the topic that will be discussed through out this paper. Summarise your original understanding of the discipline before the course started Worship is about honouring the Father. Taking your sight off of yourself and setting them on God. Re-aligning your heart with God as Lord of your life.... [tags: Holy Spirit, Christianity, God, Trinity]
1151 words (3.3 pages)
- There are various types of methods that a person can implement when reading any work of literature. The methods range from scanning and skimming, which only examine the surface of the work, leaving out details, to analytical close reading that unearth the meaning of the miniscule details that are usually missed. With our society becoming more and more fast paced, it is being driven to rely solely on scanning and skimming (surface reading). This movement is furthermore compounded by the advances in technology—television, Kendal, internet, etc.—,which are able to supply the audience with almost an exact replica of the information that books provide in half the amount of time or less.... [tags: Decline of the Literate Culture]
758 words (2.2 pages)
- Being aware of the fact that I have little or no knowledge of how other culture(s) behave or do business and having seen the course content earlier I was looking forward to this course because part of my long term goals is to work in a multinational organization as an International marketing manager and also establish my own company – an interior design/décor company that will operate internationally. Although, I have always been fascinated by international causes and effects; about how countries interact with and affect each other, about the proverbial butterfly that flaps its wings in one part of the world and causes a hurricane in another; for me to be able to achieve my goals effectively... [tags: Culture, The Culture, Management, Learning]
1978 words (5.7 pages)
- ... For example, should you find yourself face to face with something dangerous or life threatening (for example, a lion), you wouldn’t weigh the pros and cons of the situation as they would be considered a “waste of time”. The sense of fear that you would experience ignites an instinctive response that encourages one to act upon that fear and find a fast and smart way to get out of that situation and save yourself. With this having been said, regardless of the where people find themselves, or what they are confronted with, the use of emotion allows one to assess the situation in accordance with the ability we have to recognise patterns of danger.... [tags: generalizations, mental maps, patterns]
985 words (2.8 pages)