It may seem like theres many different types of acne but it can be broken down into three easy categories. The first group and most common is mild acne which consist mostly of whiteheads and blackheads. Both are the easiest to treat out of the acne groups. These are your basic acne which just appears after having a clogged pore. A closed comedo is a clogged pore that stays under the skin to form a white bump on the surface of your skin aka whitehead. While on the other hand a clogged pore that opens up are open comedos that appear black on the surface aka blackheads. Everyone freaks out wondering why they are black in color but the truth is blackheads aren’t dirt. Instead its just the produce of excess oil left over reacting with the air. Blackheads are very hard to avoid as they are the result of hormone changes which teenagers go through as a normal stage. Blackheads are just one of the unfortunate parts of going through puberty. Next moderate acne includes papules and pustules. Both papules and pustules are seen from the surface of the skin. Papules are usually pink in color while pustules are red based...
... middle of paper ...
Gately, Gary. "A Drug's Dark Side." Baltimore Sun (Baltimore, MD). 04 Mar. 2001: 1N+. SIRS Issues Researcher. Web. 07 Feb. 2014.
Kern, Daniel. "The role of hormones in acne." Acne.org. N.p.. Web. 12 Mar 2014
Nordqvist, Christan. "What is acne? What causes acne?How to rid of acne.." MNT. N.p., 05 Mar 2009. Web. 12 Mar 2014.
Oakley, Amanda. "Psychological effects of acne." DermNet. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 Mar 2014.
Siddons, Sarah. "Is makeup bad for acne?." Howstuffworks?. N.p.. Web. 12 Mar 2014. .
Singer, Natasha. "The Price of Beauty: As Doctors Cater to Looks, Skin Patients Take..." New York Times (New York, NY). 28 Jul. 2008: A1+.SIRS Issues Researcher. Web. 07 Feb. 2014.
Hillen, Sophie. "Can food cause acne?." OZ Show. N.p., 30 Janurary 2013. Web. 12 Mar 2014 .
Watson, Stephanie. "Coping with emotional impact of acne."WebMD. N.p., 11 Apr 2011. Web. 12 Mar 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Treatment for acne scars Description: - Acnes scars of different type. Some are permanent like and some are likely to be cured. So the treatment options can be adopted according to the type and severity of the acne. Key words:- Acne scars, Acne scars, Acne scar treatments, treatments for acne scars, Laser treatment for acne scars, Home remedies for acne scars, Home remedies for acne scars Treatment for acne scars Acne scars occurs because of the infection that occurred to the acne. This is the age of cosmetic surgery helps a lot to cure this problem.... [tags: Health]
1061 words (3 pages)
- ... Their information comes from various health centres and organisations such as the Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC) and the Care Quality Commission (CQC). The HSCIC is a centre that collects, analyses and presents health care information. The CQC is a company that ensures the safety of people’s health in dentistry, hospital and home care services. Because these organisations contribute to the information on the website it assures the researcher that the content displayed is valid.... [tags: stress, anxiety, skin, natural oil]
1879 words (5.4 pages)
- Acne is a disease which is a real problem to almost everyone and more so during adolescence but what many don’t know is that there are easy do it yourself home remedies for acne. You can use the following simple effective methods to treat acne. 1. Baking soda mask It’s easy to make a baking soda acne mask to get rid of that troubling look. All you need to have is baking soda, towel and some water. You follow the following steps; i) Form a thick paste by mixing a spoonful of baking soda with some water.... [tags: facial oil, washing, acne]
561 words (1.6 pages)
- Teenagers can 't seem to catch a break when it comes to their skin. Hormonal changes from as early as age 11 start to affect boys and girls, and often these changes result in outbreaks of acne on the face, neck, chest and back. In fact, eight in ten teenagers will get acne (goo.gl/YrY41n). It’s hard enough going through these hormonal changes without having to deal with blackheads and spots especially when confidence matters most at this point in a person 's life. Then there are other factors that can aggravate acne such as exam stress, poor diet and life changes – these exacerbate the situation.... [tags: Skin, Acne vulgaris, Sebaceous gland, Medicine]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- Is Blue light treatment useful for killing acne bacteria. Description: Blue light treatment is now getting strongly recommended or prescribed by expert skin specialists so that cane germs can be treated in a well-defined manner and that to with permanent effects. Are you looking for the best acne treatment. Well, in this regard nothing can be the right option other than Blue light treatment. This treatment is fully based on advanced technology and on the other hand it is comparatively cost-effective than other traditional acne treatments.... [tags: Skin, Acne vulgaris, Light therapy]
2199 words (6.3 pages)
- ... These glands are called sebaceous glands which produce sebum, an oily substance that helps to stop the skin from drying out (Acne Academy). When a gland produces too much sebum, it begins to form a blockage in the pore, thus producing acne. For mild acne treatments there are options for over the counter treatment. These products usually contain resorcinol, benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, sulfur, Retin-A, and azelaic acid. Benzoyl peroxide is used for killing bacteria and slowing down oil production within the glands.... [tags: natural remedies, counter treatment]
595 words (1.7 pages)
- English 1213 has been both demanding and instructive, and has offered an on-going opportunity for me to learn. The course has also given me the ability research and understand areas of competent writing that I was either vague on, or needed to improve. Quite honestly, it has been a while since I was in a classroom or an environment that required me not only to write, but to dissect the process of writing and work towards understanding the key competencies of writing essays. Through the dissection of the different styles and arguments, it became clear that in order to write an excellent essay meant more than just putting pen to paper.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Knowledge, Understanding]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- Acne is a bacterial infection that leads to skin outbreaks like blackheads, whiteheads, acne and even swollen spots on the face. To overcome this skin condition, a new technology known as clearlight acne treatment was developed. This treatment method has been proven by the Food and Drug Administration so there is no harm in using them. This treatment basically works on the blue light therapy principles. The blue light therapy helps to eliminate rashes and is known for effectively remove bacteria and decrease the sebum production.... [tags: Health]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- According to the American academy of dermatology, nearly all of the teens have experienced occasional breakout. Acne strikes all teens equally. The teen acne usually begins between the ages of ten and thirteen. Most of the cases of acne resolve by the time the person is in their twenties, though it is not unusual for it to continue into adulthood. Usually the normal cases require mild to moderate teenage acne treatments since they are just a passing phase of the skin. The hormonal changes occurring in the commencement of puberty are responsible for teenage acne to breakout during the teen years.... [tags: Health]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- Acne, A Teen Epidemic Sarah walked into the Doctors office. She was just turning 15, and had long black hair, with bright green eyes. She was so pretty, except she had acne. People at school would laugh and make fun of her, just because she had pimples. “Sarah McMahon’s here for her appointment,” Sarah’s mother told the receptionist. Sarah went and sat down in the waiting room. There were little children running around, playing with toys. Sarah missed those day’s. No one made fun of her for her acne, and the biggest problem in life was who’s turn it was to play in the sand box.... [tags: essays research papers]
689 words (2 pages)