Corresponding to the extroversion component of the ENFJ type, I have been told I am very personable and charismatic. Similarly, I have always expressed a genuine love and interest in others. My drive comes from my want to help others in any way I can enable them. This warmth and sincerity is considered a strength, and it should help me gain a rapport with my clients.
Another characteristic of extroversion is a great deal of involvement. While completing my undergraduate degree, I was involved in multiple organizations on campus and held numerous leadership positions. In the past my drive to help others has made it difficult for me to refuse others help. This has led to circumstances where I have overextended myself and overwhelmed myself with the responsibilities of others. Aware of this weakness, I have attempted to resolve it by knowing my limits of what I can and cannot handle and taking care of my well-being.
Like introversion in the INFJ type, I also enjoy time alone and like completing tasks by myself. Although I have many acquaintances, I only have a few close friends that I confide in. When faced with an issue I tend to reflect alone rather than include other people. I understand I may face ethical situations in this profession where I will need to consult my colleagues for assistance.
... middle of paper ...
...s as ENFJ and INFJ will ultimately shape my personal style of therapy in counseling. The warmth and sincerity I express due to my want to help others will prove to help build my relationships with clients. Also my ability to play devil’s advocate and understand both sides of arguments will help me gain an overall understanding of problems. My capacity to remember events vividly allows me to remember the facts and determine their overall meaning. And although remaining sensitive is important, I will need to learn how to communicate effectively and not allow my caring nature to be abused. Also, planning and organization can be beneficial for my work ethic. But as mentioned before, it is important to remain flexible when working with various clients. Solidifying my strengths and overcoming my weaknesses will allow me to be successful as a counselor and more self-aware.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Back then whenever I need to print my study materials, I will simply just connect my laptop to the printer set aside with a connecting cable. And then all I need is to click the print option, the materials will be printed, simple as that. I always thought that was how easy a printer works. After the second lecture of Information Technology 061, which is about computer hardware, I had learnt that there are various types of printers and each with different characteristics. I had never wondered how does a printer function exactly and what makes each type of printers different from one another.... [tags: ink jet, peripherals, functions]
1298 words (3.7 pages)
- This assignment is going to be based on the meaning of retailing, then going to describe the many ways and places in which retail is conducted. I am going to identify the changes that are taking place in the industry structure. I am going to list trends in the number of retailer types and employment characteristics of the sector. P1 The word retailing entails the process or activity through which businesses put forward goods and services for consumers to purchase for their personal, family or household use.... [tags: Retailing, Online shopping, Shopping]
1401 words (4 pages)
- This paper presents a study of my personality in light of the Jung Typology Test. The personality test, which is based off Carl G. Jung’s theory of psychological types, characterizes people by giving them a four-letter type. The eight possible types are extraverted or introverted, sensing or intuition, thinking or feeling, and judging or perceiving (“Personality Test,” n.d.). In step one I discuss the personality test, which gave me the results of extraverted, sensing, thinking, and perceiving. This makes my four-letter personality type ESTP.... [tags: Personality psychology]
2432 words (6.9 pages)
- Killer Typology and Classification What type of killer a person is depends on if they meet a specific criteria or not, and the killer classification has many subtypes in addition to that criteria. In the case of Leonard Lake and Charles Ng, they are considered to be process-focused serial killers because they were known enjoy drawing out the torment and death of their victims. Of course, process-focused is a rather broad term which is further narrowed down, into the subtypes of hedonistic killers or control-oriented killers.... [tags: Crime, Murder, Charles Ng, Pet Shop Boys]
1602 words (4.6 pages)
- There are two types of people in this world. There are people like students who work diligently to achieve the highest grade possible, athletes who put in hours and hours of practice so they can make the starting team, young adults who climb the ladder to get to the top of their company, and many others doing whatever it takes to make their dreams and goals become a reality. There are also people in this world who do the bare minimum in order to graduate with a passing grade or to make a paycheck that is possible to live on.... [tags: Trait, Jesus, Characteristic, Kingdom of God, Life]
712 words (2 pages)
- The goal of this project is to bring to light the destructive psychology used by those practicing and sympathizing with racial prejudice and discrimination. We will realize this utilizing sociologist Robert K. Merton’s typology of prejudice and discrimination. We will examine where Merton’s concepts are helpful in bringing about social change, and when labeling persona non gratas with a “type” can be harmful. Discussed in this paper are a few subjects of controversy incumbent in this conversation, such as segregation, housing discrimination, affirmative action, and the confederate flag.... [tags: Discrimination, Affirmative action, Racism]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- Corporate Characteristics Proposal Financial Accounting II Corporate Characteristics Proposal Introduction here Various Forms of Business Organizations Before starting a new business, several decisions such as its legal structure must be made first. Five basic entity types exist in which to structure a business. These types consist of sole proprietorships, partnerships, limited liability companies (LLC), C corporations, and S corporations. When determining the type of structure to use, comparison of different factors such as liability to the owners, taxation, and management controls must be conducted.... [tags: Business Law]
1018 words (2.9 pages)
- The peace researcher Johan Galtung proposes a typology of violence, constructed as direct and indirect, formal-informal and visible-invisible. Regarding it as a triangle, Galtung (1990) states that typology of violence corresponds roughly to the ‘ABC’ levels of the conflict triangle: Attitude, Behaviour and Contradictions. In the first level Direct violence (acts of violence as such) and in second and third level underneath the surface; Structural violence and Cultural violence. See figure below.... [tags: typology of violcence, john galtung]
1264 words (3.6 pages)
- The Characteristics and Types of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Missing Works Cited According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), about one-half of 1.6 million elementary school-aged children diagnosed with attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) have also been diagnosed with a learning disability (LD) (Brown University Child and Adolescence Behavior Letter, 2001). The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (1997) stated that ADHD affects 3 to 5 percent of all children, and boys are three times more likely to be affected by the disorder than girls.... [tags: ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder]
1238 words (3.5 pages)
- Musical Characteristcs of Rap Hip-hop culture, once confined to the streets has broken into the commercial realm with force. Hip hop records top the charts week after week, rap videos have taken control of MTV, BET and the BOX, and there are dozens of hip hop magazines on the newsstands. A stroll on any city street in the United States reveals the proliferation of hip-hop styled apparel. The culture itself had much humbler beginnings, however. On the street corners and in the parks, young men and women battled through freestyle rhymes and dance moves.... [tags: Papers]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- Personal Statement : Attend Lakeland Community College
- The Giving Tree By Audrey Penn And Disney 's Storybook Collection
- Addiction : The Essential Outline Of The Addiction Process
- My Family Home At The Acres Of Desert Coverage
- Management Theory And Management Science Theory
- The Forgotten Sentences Of Algerian History