A description of Virtual Reality can be a bit tricky, and the semantics might be at variance in relation to what age group you ask, for instance, a children’s site describe computer simulated environment as tools which let you to experience and interact with images in a simulated 3D environment, for example, you could plan an area at home on your computer machine and really believe that you are walking around in it, although it was never constructed.
According to Aurich, Virtual Reality is a broad and extensively developed scientific conception, which is broadly put into operation for scientific visualisation, teaching and training, process in risky surroundings, exploration, hobby, etc (Aurich, et al., 2012). A familiar explanation by Sutherland is as follows, ‘a system that can display information to all senses of the user with an equal or bigger resolution than the one that can be achieved in a natural way so that the user cannot say that the artificial world is not real’ (Aurich, et al., 2012).
Virtual Reality has three different types which are CAVE Fully Immersive Virtual Environment, Semi-Immersive Virtual Environment, and Non-Immersive Virtual Environment (Virtual Reality Systems: Types of virtual reality systems).
In this report, advantages, disadvantages, uses, and the relationship of Virtual Reality, Gamification, Big Data, and Gesture Control will be discussed.
Types of Virtual Reality
CAVE Fully Immersive Virtual Environment: refers to when the user is place in a computer simulated environment with head-mounted displays, data gloves and other body sensors that track user movements. The standard settings of CAVE Fully Immersive Virtual Environment include videos, cameras, wall projection, down projection,...
... middle of paper ...
...s to experience and enjoy real life moments outside houses. However, with Virtual Reality they eventual have good experience of the things that happen in real life. These people can travel around the world through virtual environments as a second life, a Virtual Reality community on the Internet, exploring virtual town as well as more fantastic environments.
Virtual Reality also lends a hand to patients in order to recover from injuries such as a stroke. Doctors are utilising Virtual Reality to assists muscle movement to get back to normality, for instance, “walking and grabbing as well as smaller physical movements such as pointing”. The doctors use the malleable automated situation to enhance or reduce the movement which is required to hold or shift an item. This also assists in recording accurately, the speed of how fast a patient is learning and getting better.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Internal funds Meaning: Internal funds are source of finance that comes within the company. Companies opt to use their internal funds instead of external finance because it helps the company to save cost. Expenses such as origination fees and interest are avoided. There are several types of internal funds such as retained profit, working capital, sale of assets and depreciation (McMahon, 2014) Retained Profit Definition: It is a part of the net profit which is seen in the income statement. This profit will be put back into the company.... [tags: capital, assets, depreciation]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- ... They decide when it is most convenient for them and don’t have to worry about the availability of others. These virtual workspaces can also provide users with a sense of accomplishment, since they get recognition for their work and efforts as well as allow them to be part of the decision-making process. If tasks are to be completed interdepartmentally, group members can their creativity, ideas, and knowledge with members of other departments. The virtual workspaces thus allow for information to be shared more freely (Lesko, Russel & Hollingsworth, 2012).... [tags: advantages, disadvantages, information]
1950 words (5.6 pages)
- The Advantages and Disadvantages of Working in a Virtual Environment Advantages There are many advantages of working in a virtual environment 1. Reach to Customer : Office work environment limits an employee to the office only. In today's world there are lot of jobs specially consulting or outsourcing jobs requires deep understanding of customer processes , which one cannot get just by reading document or talking to delegated people. It is always better for a consultant to actually reach out and get to know actual situation, there won't be a third opinion involved since any type of narration whether written oral has to subjective.... [tags: Compare Contrast Business]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- ... This process is very costly it includes paying for the equipment and machinery. Economically NEWater can have disadvantages and advantages. NEWater benefits singapore, with helping out with the need op being dependent on other countries. These countries include Malaysia, which has a contract with singapore for importing potable water. NEWater minimizes being dependent greatly and hereby singapore saves a large amount of money. Malaysia will not be able to threaten Singapore anymore with the increase on tax or increasing the cost of the transportation of the potable water.... [tags: sewage, economic, cost]
518 words (1.5 pages)
- Robots Alive In today's society, robots come in different types and qualities, and robots’ use was mainly in the laboratories and factories; however, that has drastically changed where their uses are changing at a high speed. In addition to that, they have spread throughout the world. The main function of robots is to replace the work that people used to do, or perform tasks that man cannot. A robot is a mechanical or virtual device that uses a computer program, or electronic circuitry, to carry out its functions.... [tags: interactive equipment]
992 words (2.8 pages)
- MSL 630, Leading Productive Teams The Benefits and Disadvantages of Virtual Teams Heather Bradley Belhaven University May 9, 2015 Author Note This paper was written for the purpose of educational requirements for: MSL 630, Leading Productive Teams, Belhaven University, Jackson, MS., 2015 The Benefits and Disadvantages of Virtual Teams In today’s virtual society our office experience is getting more and more dependent on cyber culture. Due to the increase in employees working at home, virtual offices have become a convenient way for staff, clients, educators, students and all other types of business people to stay connected.... [tags: Management, Team, Productivity, Leadership]
867 words (2.5 pages)
- Technology has changed many aspects of our lives, so why should we expect less of the classroom atmosphere. Technology in the classroom has changed the way students learn and the way teachers teach. Technology today is integrated into the classroom as a teaching tool rather than being taught as a course. There are many ways that technology is used in today’s classroom such as the World Wide Web, Power Point, and Excel (Starr, 2011). Teachers will continue to be the most important aspect of a child’s education because they teach and technology does not.... [tags: teaching tool, learning, distracted, performance]
644 words (1.8 pages)
- How did technology affect us. Did it affect us in a positive or a negative way. Technology has both positive and negative effects, it’s plainly about how people choose to use it. Throughout these years, technology has been a great advancement for our country and it helped us develop in many ways that we can’t even count. Technology has its advantages as well as its disadvantages, some of the advantages are that it makes connecting to people much easier, simpler and in addition, it makes our everyday life simpler in ways people 50 years ago never imagined it would.... [tags: simplier, weaspons, cultural, interactions]
635 words (1.8 pages)
- Introduction Having been one of the millions of everyday people looking for job opportunities at one time or another, many have envied the prospect of telecommuting without thinking that there were any downsides to the life of telecommuting. However, this paper will address the notion that there are some drawbacks and that job seekers should consider both the advantages and disadvantages before deciding to telecommute. Although telecommuting is increasing in popularity, potential employees must consider multiple issues before deciding to join the telecommuting life.... [tags: Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Working time]
1304 words (3.7 pages)
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Noncustodial Sentences Non-Custodial Sentences A non custodial order is a sentence given to an offender who has committed a less serious crime. The offender is given community orders rather than imprisonment. If the offender breaks any of the below orders then they will be re-sentenced and this is likely to result in them being given a heavier order or even a prison sentence. The types of non custodial orders available are; * Community rehabilitation order (previously called 'probation order' and unhelpfully changed to this inferior new name) * Community punishment order (previously called... [tags: Pro Con Essays]
2293 words (6.6 pages)