The first issue to be solved is to determine the type of entitlement the occupants possess to occupy their flat, such as lease or licence entitlement. Although the agreement includes a clause which identifies it as a license and not a tenancy agreement, this is of little significance because case law commencing from the precedent of Addiscombe Gardens Estates Ltd v Crabbe have portrayed that the law is more concerned with the type of relationship the true construction of the agreement creates between the parties, rather than the words used in the agreement to resemble the label the parties intend the relationship to be. So, the main i...
... middle of paper ...
...n & Quadrant Housing Trust’, (2005), CPL, 121.
 LR CP 402 (CtCP).
 2 AC 288 (HL).
Judith Bray, Unlocking Land Law, (3rd edn, Hodder Education, 2010), 349.
 1 WLR 1014 (CA).
John-Paul Hinojosa, ‘On Property, Leases, Licences, Horses and Carts: Revisiting Bruton v London & Quadrant Housing Trust’, (2005), CPL, 114.
Roger Sexton, Barbara Bogusz, Land Law Text, Cases, and Materials, (3rd edition, Oxford University Press), 345-348.
Roger Sexton, Barbara Bogusz, Land Law Text, Cases, and Materials, (3rd edition, Oxford University Press), 298-299.
 1 QB 513 (CA).
 2 All ER 289 (HL).
Roger Sexton, Barbara Bogusz, Land Law Text, Cases, and Materials, (3rd edition, Oxford University Press), 345.
 KB 368 (CA).
Joe Cursley, Mark Davys, Land Law, (7th edn, Palgrave Macmillan, 2011), 156.
 3 WLR 1205 (HL).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1. Healthcare Executives are constantly negotiating something, whether it be employee union agreements, professional contracts, HMO contracts, purchasing agreements, office space leases, etc. Please identify and discuss the various steps commonly found in the negotiation process. a. There are various types of strategies used in order to reach consensus towards something an organization may want. Whether it’s taking the approach to want it all and make extreme offers until the desire outcome is achieved, or giving a deadline to accept an offer, negotiation processes may be challenging.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Healthcare]
1037 words (3 pages)
- In order to launch and maintain a business, contracts for services, employment, leases, and products are needed. First, a business owner must acquire a lease of property contract. This contract is needed so that I will have property to operate my restaurant. The provisions that should be included in this contract are the term of the tenancy, premises clause, exclusive use clause, assignment clauses, contingency clause, option to extend, and the good guy guaranty clause. These provisions will reduce my restaurants potential liability.... [tags: Employment, Discrimination, Contract]
1461 words (4.2 pages)
- Polymerization can be divided into the two types of reactions, such as chain-growth and step-growth polymerization. Cationic polymerization is the step-growth type of polymerization. Otherwise, it is called as addition polymerization since the reaction requires addition of the substance of a certain initiator or a catalyst. In the cationic polymerization, the catalyst is cationic and it transfers the charge to the monomer in reac-tion. Cationic polymerization of biological oils occurs in presence of superacids.... [tags: chain and step growth, cationic polymerization]
893 words (2.6 pages)
- 1. Introduction i. Analysis of Presented Task The goal of the presented task is to evaluate the differences between two largely different pieces of technology of our choosing, and evaluate their suitability to the task from a physics perspective, with the end goal of evaluating the two different technologies for the suitability in a home theatre For the purpose of this task, I have chosen two different types of projectors, the DLP Projector (Short for Digital Light Processing) and the LCD Projector (Short for Liquid Crystal Display).... [tags: DLP, LCD]
775 words (2.2 pages)
- Throughout romantic poetry, two types of imagination were formed: first generation and second generation. During the first generation poets described imagination as the connection with God/nature. This generation bridges the gap to reality. They believed that what is within comes from the connections made with God/nature. However, throughout the second generation poets described imagination as the power of reality. They believe they can reimagine the world, and that the human mind is what created the structure of the universe.... [tags: Romanticism, Mind, Psychology, William Wordsworth]
767 words (2.2 pages)
- The childcare industry has variables including childcare by a family member, a traditional caregiver or a day care center. It depends on a family’s situation as to which one benefits them most. The two types of childcare to be discussed are the traditional caregiver and a day care center. Parents must decide whether they want a one-on-one or a group setting for the care of their children. An individual as a caregiver has more one-on-one time with a child as long as their group of children is small.... [tags: Family Issues]
756 words (2.2 pages)
- ... We need to understand more deeply anxiety disorders and therapies proposed to answer this question. First, this essay will review some of many types of anxiety disorders and their descriptions. Second, it will go through the types of psychological therapies. Finally, it will present the effectiveness of certain therapies for each type of anxiety disorders through past cases and studies. Different types of anxiety disorders Phobias Phobia is a disproportionate and intense fear of a specific object or situation.... [tags: coping, disrupts, therapy, types]
671 words (1.9 pages)
- There are two different types if deterrence, the first is classified as specific deterrence. The goal of this category of deterrence is to lessen the probability of having a repeat offender. The three strikes law is an example of one of the methods that is used to assist this category of deterrence. The other category of deterrence is general deterrence. This category focuses more on future offenders. General deterrence attempts to positively influence would be offenders and stop the crimes before they happen.... [tags: Law]
868 words (2.5 pages)
- Investigating Two Types of Businesses In this report in am going to investigate The Body Shop and Interlink which are two different types ownership PLC (Public limited company) and a Sole Trader. [IMAGE]Task 1a) Information about each of the companies THE BODY SHOP plc ©2003 The Body Shop rapidly evolved from one small shop in Brighton on the south coast of England, with only around 25 hand-mixed products on sale, to a worldwide network of shops. Franchising allowed for rapid growth and international expansion as hundreds of entrepreneurs worldwide bought into Anita's vision.... [tags: Papers]
2090 words (6 pages)
- Two Types of Trusts There are two types of trusts , private and public trusts. A private trust is for the benefit of an individual or class which are enforceable by the beneficiaries. A public trust is a charitable trust and is the relevant trust to this assignment.... [tags: Papers]
2778 words (7.9 pages)