i. Analysis of Presented Task
The goal of the presented task is to evaluate the differences between two largely different pieces of technology of our choosing, and evaluate their suitability to the task from a physics perspective, with the end goal of evaluating the two different technologies for the suitability in a home theatre
For the purpose of this task, I have chosen two different types of projectors, the DLP Projector (Short for Digital Light Processing) and the LCD Projector (Short for Liquid Crystal Display).
ii. Short Overview of DLP and LCD Projectors
There are two main varieties of projectors widely used, and these are the DLP and LCD projectors respectively. Both devices have the same objective goal, to project an image onto a surface several feet away through the manipulation of light. However, projectors are widely different from televisions as projectors have to ensure that their image travels a far enough distance to the projection surface, while still retaining image clarity and colour.
The DLP projector does this through the usage of digital micro mirror devices. These are small chips, inlaid with incredibly small mirrors laid out in a matrix on a semiconductor chip. Every mirror correlates directly to a pixel within the image, therefore the more mirrors you have, the greater resolution your image.
The LCD projector however, uses a very different schematic. LCD projectors work through sending light by use of a metal halide lamp through several screens or films that separate light into its three components, red, green, and blue. As the image is projected, these individual pixels are turned on and off repeatedly, allowing different colours to be produced.
i. DLP Projectors
As has a...
... middle of paper ...
...rful movies, the recommendation to be made is to purchase an LCD projector.
The choice of an LCD projector comes from an analysis of their respective properties. DLP projectors exceed when it comes to contrasts between black and white, and unless lots of black and white movies are going to be played, it won’t be an effective choice. DLP projectors tend to also have a slightly higher price than LCD projectors. LCD projectors have much more vibrant colour ratios, and don’t suffer from the dreaded ‘Rainbow Effect’.
iii. Concluding Statement
To conclude, while both variants of projector would be more than suitable for the task, LCD projectors are the clear winner, due to the need for vibrant colours and better colour saturation, along with boasting a moderately lower price. Therefore, the LCD projector is the most effective choice.
5. Reference Table
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... We need to understand more deeply anxiety disorders and therapies proposed to answer this question. First, this essay will review some of many types of anxiety disorders and their descriptions. Second, it will go through the types of psychological therapies. Finally, it will present the effectiveness of certain therapies for each type of anxiety disorders through past cases and studies. Different types of anxiety disorders Phobias Phobia is a disproportionate and intense fear of a specific object or situation.... [tags: coping, disrupts, therapy, types]
671 words (1.9 pages)
- News stories are covered several times and most of us do not even realize it. Although more recently many people get news in more similar mediums such as on the Internet because of the decline of newspapers. “Since 1940, the total number of daily newspapers has dropped more than 21 percent” (McIntosh and Pavlik, 119). Many times we do not realize the same story we read online was covered on our local news station and in our local newspaper, even further than that this same story is being covered in many different news stations, newspapers, and news sites all over the country and even the world.... [tags: Same News, Different Stories]
2224 words (6.4 pages)
- Museum defines as an institution housing collections of objects of artistic, historic, or scientific interest conserved and displayed for the educational and enjoyment of the public. Museums are places of memory that provides the link of distant past to the present generation which also help the society to know the path their forebears trod. The main purpose of museum is neither to educate nor entertain but rather creates a memory bank would remind us of the past. No wonder most societies in different parts of the world traced their origin through the works of arts history.... [tags: museums, history, information]
829 words (2.4 pages)
- Contracts are used to dictate how an agreement between two or more parties, involved in a mutually beneficial relationship, will function in a way that is agreeable to all parties involved. There are many different types of contracts for many types of situations and they can cover a wide range of rules and regulations dependent each parties wants and needs. Sometimes the agreement between the parties involved changes, but it is not always so simple to change the terms of a contract. As Christians contracts have been in our lives for a long time.... [tags: Contract law, Contract, Breach of contract]
1413 words (4 pages)
- Consumption is a complex social phenomenon in which people consume goods or services for reasons beyond their basic use-value (Firat, Kutucuoglue, Arikan Saltik & Tuncel, 2003). Sometime after the industrial revolution, consumer societies emerged around the world. A consumer society is one in which the entire society is organized around the consumption and display of commodities through which individuals gain prestige, identity, and standing. Media as well, has for long been contributing in increasing the level of consumption among people.... [tags: consumer society, media, consumption]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- There are many different types of relationships. From your neighbor to your significant other, experiencing different relationships is a part of everyday life. Wether you posses good or bad communication skills will affect the interpersonal relationships within your life. The popular television series Modern Family is a good example of the different types of friendships, types of love, and relationship theories that encompass the everyday person. Friendship is an interpersonal relationship between two people that is mutually productive and can be characterized by mutual positive regard.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Love, Friendship]
1300 words (3.7 pages)
- There are many different types of learning styles. It is important to know your preferred learning style because it will make you more successful in life. The types of learning styles are visual, aural, read/write, and kinesthetic. A visual learner use pictures, images and spatial understanding. An aural (auditory-musical) prefers using sound and music. A verbal (linguistic) learner prefers using words, both in speech and writing. Lastly, kinesthetic (physical) learner prefers using their body, hands and sense of touch.... [tags: Learning, Education, Learning styles, Preference]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- Our mind works like a computer and our way of thinking acts as its inputs. Our thoughts keep on gathering into it and slowly, they entrench deep down in solid states. We can divide personality in two halves. First is that, which the psychologists term as ‘T- Personality'. This is a toxic personality. Second is that, that the psychologists call N-Personality and this is energetic. <h2>The poisonous T-Personality</h2> This type of N- personality always keeps a negative mindset about everything. The attitude of poisonous personality always tends veering round pessimism and dispirited.... [tags: Different Personalities]
933 words (2.7 pages)
- Henry Hyde: From Henry To Hyde - Two Different Types of Leaders Henry Hyde was preaching to a small constituency during the Impeachment trial. Though the information spread through the internet and mass media, those who supported Hyde’s views remained the minority throughout the Impeachment process, and if anything, his support only decreased. Because Hyde felt that Clinton’s lying under oath about his relationships with Monica Lewinsky and Paula Jones was morally wrong, he took steps to punish Clinton for those actions.... [tags: Essays Papers]
3784 words (10.8 pages)
- The Different Types of Media I think that all different types of media have lots of different influences on society, especially individuals. There is an enormous variety of media including; television, newspapers, radio, magazines, advertisements etc. It seems that the more developed that society gets, the harder it becomes to escape media. One of the most common forms of media is advertisements. Advertisements are not only one of the most common forms of media but also one of the most over-exposed types of media there is.... [tags: Papers]
645 words (1.8 pages)