The likelihood of getting pregnant with twins is slim to none. The female must carry the twin gene in order to conceive twins, even if the male has a long line of twins. Twins can be thought as good things, if you were hoping to only have two children you get them both at once. They can also be a curse, especially in the financial aspect of it all. Its even worse if you are a teen mom and trying to finish high school. The simple truth is either way you look at it your life will never be the same after you have twins. There are so many ins and outs to having twins, and tons of questions. Should you buy two of everything, dress them alike or not, chose names that are similar to each other, make them do everything together or let them be individuals. All these questions are entirely up to you and how you want to do things, but in the end it is the twins that get affected by it.
Being a teen mom is hard enough, but being a teen mom of two is nearly impossible. Almost one million teen girls get pregnant each year, Nearly four out of ten get pregnant before they reach the age of twenty. “The United States has the highest teen pregnancy rates than the rest of the world. U.S. rates are twice as much as Canada, at least four times more than France and Germany, and nearly eight times more than Japan. Most of these girls really need that they don't even need to finish high school dropout don't even go to college. The government spends almost 40 million dollars on people who are/were teen moms. They struggle to take care of their own children and rely on the government for assistance.
Twins are unique in their own way, Some say they even have telepathic connections to one another. people who are twins...
... middle of paper ...
...HuffingtonPost.com, 10 Nov. 2012. Web. 21 May 2014.
"What's the Birth Rate of Twins and Multiples in the United States?" About.com Twins & Multiples. Web. 21 May 2014.
The Same but Different: How Twins Can Live, Love, and Learn to Be IndividualsJoan A. Friedman (2014)
The Book of Twins: A Celebration in Words and PicturesDebbie Ganz, Lisa Ganz, Alex Tresniowski (1998)
Not All Twins Are Alike: Psychological Profiles of TwinshipBarbara Klein (2003)
Twin Connections: Stories that Celebrate the Mysterious Bond Between TwinsDebbie LaChusa (2007)
Entwined Lives: Twins and What They Tell Us About Human BehaviorNancy Segal, PhD (2000)
Indivisible by Two: Lives of Extraordinary TwinsNancy L. Segal (2007)
Someone Else’s Twin: The True Story of Babies Switched at BirthNancy L. Segal (2011)
Born Together – Reared Apart: The Landmark Minnesota Twin StudyNancy L. Segal (2012)
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Successful individuals come in all packages. What makes one person different from another does not define their victory in life. Do blonds have more fun than brunettes. Are blue eyed girls prettier than brown eyed girls. Are right-handers smarter than left-handers. Each of these questions above deal with being different and having that difference affect the success of the individual. Being left-handed is a blessing not a curse. Does a left-handed person have an advantage or a disadvantage. Left-handed folks are special.... [tags: Left-handedness, Handedness, Right-handedness]
1060 words (3 pages)
- Twins can be considering a blessing to have. In Africa this is not completely true. They are seen as a gift but also a curse on the mother. African has their own beliefs on the concept of twins and how they are believed to be special pairs. Different cultures explore different ways to embrace the birth of twins. When a child is born in doubles it symbolizes good fortune for the family. They believe that since the two were born together they both have great knowledge of each other. Therefore they have the ability to be able to connect with each other on a stronger level.... [tags: Art, Human, Africa, Dogon]
1689 words (4.8 pages)
- Five Paragraph Essays: A Blessing or a Curse I 'd like to say that my style as a writer has come a long way. However I would not argue I still may have much farther to go as well. My Sophomore year of high school was the golden year for five paragraph essays, what I mean is I was constantly writing essays in a five paragraph format, and looking back on I see that as a blessing as well as a curse. It was a gift because to write a five paragraph essay became extremely easy for me. Yet, it was a cure because to write in any other form became much more difficult.... [tags: Rhetoric, Writing, Five paragraph essay, Essay]
832 words (2.4 pages)
- We Are Family Big families are inherently closer than smaller families.There is a lot of evidence to support this claim some of it coming from television, but most coming from everyday life. Big families have a tendency to go through more colorful experiences than smaller families. We may drive each other crazy but that’s part of what brings us together. The best example I can offer of this would be my family. There are seven kids in my family, two of whom no longer live at my house, and it is rare for a week to pass with out us speaking or hanging out.... [tags: Family, Sibling, Mother, Grandparent]
817 words (2.3 pages)
- Hybrid cars is a curse or a blessing I have always been interested in cars. Since my childhood I had the wish to know the mechanism of how cars work; so that I can build my own cars and eventually create and design my own brand. Due to the new revolution in car industry my interest in cars has gone even higher than before because these new revolution cars are environment friendly. This new revolution has been brought to the car industry by the introduction of hybrid cars because of the high fuel consumption and the increasing pollution; this is the best alternative despite the low performance and high maintenance cost, hybrid cars will overtake the conventional cars soon.... [tags: paralel, series, electric motors]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- Technology can be two fold; it can be a blessing and a curse. It has forever impacted and changed social interaction. We live in a day where it is hard to get away from the screen, either the phone or computer and any other electronic devices, not only for work but also for leisure. We are forgetting how to reconnect, recharge, and relax. Thus, it has been requested we should, for one day, unplug ourselves from technology. Will this be beneficial. The idea of a technology Sabbath is beneficial in three ways: in recharging and relaxing, in deepening friendship, and attending and listening to people’s messages better.... [tags: Communication, Distraction, Instant messaging]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- Cyberspace: Home, Sweet Home. There is no denying the ambivalence that surrounds modern technology. In a world where apathy is uncommon, people could debate for days about whether technology is a blessing or a curse. But their deliberations are futile. Even if they came to a consensus, would it matter. Humans will never stop using technology, even if it is discovered that it is detracting greatly from their lives; they are willing to accept both the negative and positive consequences that come along with using it.... [tags: technology, screens, time]
523 words (1.5 pages)
- The Internet - A Blessing or a Curse. I saw something shocking painted on the roof of a barn as I was driving through the heart of Yolo County’s farmland. It was an advertisement for the upcoming Dixon May Fair. What caught my attention was the last line of copy, painted in thin red letters, down by the edge of the roof: http://www.dixonmayfair.com. It’s finally everywhere, I thought, as I continued down the deserted, dusty road. No place is safe. Not even the country. Over the last couple of years, those tiny, mysterious clusters of letters have snuck up on us, like a sneaky race of aliens preparing a world takeover.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
1701 words (4.9 pages)
- The Curse and Blessing of Montana Montana seems to be one of those states that most people either love or hate. It is so distinct from any other state that it is no wonder this is the case. Montana is in so many ways such a great state to live in, with a wide variety of recreation, hobbies, and other enjoyable pastimes; however, many problems plague the state, from its lack of modern conveniences to its poor job opportunities. What many people do not realize is how much these good and bad characteristics are related.... [tags: Free Descriptive Essay About A Place]
601 words (1.7 pages)
- The African Experience: A Curse or Blessing The native African places an immense amount of importance and respect on Nature. Its effects determine certain predicaments that control and direct African lives, and how outsiders, especially Westerners, perceive them. Never before has a group of people followed so religiously and faithfully a baffling phenomenon such as nature. Nature worship has deep roots in the African tradition and is now a full and indispensable branch of the African heritage.... [tags: Research Papers]
1033 words (3 pages)