Bella Swan is an average girl with no supernatural powers. However, Jacob (her best friend) is a werewolf and Edward (the love of her life) is a vampire. Because Bella is human she faces many risks throughout the “Twilight Saga”. Vampires thirst for her blood and werewolves can easily lose control and injure her. Moreover, not only does Bella allow herself to be in a very dangerous position, she brings two sworn enemies closer than ever before. Both Jacob and Edward love Bella, but her heart is set on Edward who Jacob believes has no soul.
In a majority of stories there is a hero and a heroine, in Twilight that is Edward and Bella. Esté Yarmosh refers to t...
... middle of paper ...
...einsider.com/m1653/3/twilight/ (accessed January 17, 2010).
The Numbers. 2009. Movie Budgets. http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/records/allbudgets.php (accessed February 1, 2010).
Yarmosh Esté, “Twilight Pushes the Harmful Gender Stereotypes We’ve Fought for Decades,” The Women’s Media Centre, http://www.alternet.org/reproductivejustice/141135/%22twilight%22_pushes_the_harmful_gender_stereotypes_we've_fought_for_decades/ (accessed 21 March 2010).
Maio, Kathi. “Disney’s dolls.” New Internationalist. http://www.newint.org/issue308/dolls.html. (accessed 22 March 2010).
Stephen Marche, “What’s really going on with all these Vampires?” Esquire, November 2009, http://web.ebscohost.com.roxy.nipissingu.ca/ehost/detail?vid=1&hid=2&sid=186a8ac7-9a24-4c36-88c2-9580ef98df84%40sessionmgr13&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#db=rch&AN=44744501 (accessed 22 March 2010).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The movie Twilight was produced in 2008 by “Summit Entertainment” and was significantly successful in the box office, resulting in the “Twilight Saga” to begin on film: in fall 2009 New Moon was released and Eclipse is set to air this summer. The “Twilight Saga” is directed towards many people, mainly the hearts of young teenagers because it allows for them to believe that there is someone for everyone. Stephen Marche suggests the Twilight is a film about love between a homosexual male and a heterosexual girl who has wants to have sex with a beautiful homosexual.... [tags: Cinema]
1567 words (4.5 pages)
- Laying there in my dim and lonely bedroom I had finally finished reading the last tender sentences of the book and proceeded to close it. My mind was as a merry go round spinning around and around. I was on the ride and couldn’t seem to get down. Seconds felt like minutes and minutes felt like hours. Flooding throughout my body was a sense of loneliness; knowing he did not truly exist felt like a ton of bricks crashing down upon me. I now thought of myself as one of the thousand other crazed girls who felt exactly as I did after reading the Twilight Saga.... [tags: Character Analysis, Narrative]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- The Twilight Saga, a series written by Stephanie Meyer has quickly gained mass popularity throughout college, high school, and even middle school. I thought I would enjoy a book about vampires as I saw everyone reading it and hearing about it in conversations. Interested, I received the book and began reading only to realize at the end, that this was just another romance novel about a girl stuck in a love triangle between a vampire and a werewolf. But if read between the lines, is Meyer implementing the ideas of sexual perversions throughout her books.... [tags: pedophilia, necrophilia, biting]
765 words (2.2 pages)
- Twilight Saga: New Moon and Adolescent Development “I’d never given much thought to how I would die, but dying in the presence of someone I loved would be a good way to go ”. Anyone who is a true Twihard knows this is from the beginning of twilight when Bella is expresses her feelings. Throughout the movie series we see Bella grow and form friendships with many types of different people. For example Bella’s relationship with Jacob, throughout the movie we see each of them grow and find out things about one another.... [tags: adolescent, friendship, development]
971 words (2.8 pages)
- The first book in the Twilight saga as said by the author in the Amazon interview is about finding true love and is conveniently entitled Twilight. Stephenie Meyer was partial to calling it Forks, the name of the little town Bella goes to live. Her name was chosen because Stephenie Meyer would have named her daughter that if she had one. It fit so nicely with Edward. Bella's full name is Isabella Swan. Isabella goes to live in Forks, a little town that really does exist on the map on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State.... [tags: Twilight, Stephenie Meyer,]
568 words (1.6 pages)
- The Twilight Saga tells the story of a young woman named Bella Swan and her love interest, Edward Cullen. Stephenie Meyer has said that the idea for the Twilight Saga came from a dream she had. In her dream, Meyer had a vision of an unbelievably perfect male being and an average teenage girl (cite). The odd pair, obviously in a state of infatuation with each other, was sitting in a small, round meadow when all of a sudden; the male reveals himself to the young woman as a vampire (Sykley 262).The dream served as the inspiration for the entire Twilight Saga.... [tags: Mormon beliefs, vampire analogues]
1520 words (4.3 pages)
- Harry Potter and Twilight are both wildly popular book series. Harry Potter written by J.K. Rowling follows a young wizard through his discovery of his wizardry, education in magic, and avenging the death of his parents. Twilight written by Stephanie Meyers is about a teenaged girl who falls in love with a boy from school only to find out he is a vampire. Both books were developed into films. Twilight’s plot revolves around romance, while the Harry Potter series has recurring themes of friendship, bravery, and sacrifice.... [tags: Harry Potter]
1205 words (3.4 pages)
- In 2005 a new phenomenon was born. Stephenie Meyer’s The Twilight Saga has given the world something new to obsess about this decade. Critics have even called Meyer the new J.K. Rowling, the author of the renowned Harry Potter series. Fans all around the world are now screaming the names of Edward Cullen, Jacob Black and Isabella ‘Bella’ Swan. It’s the classic Romeo and Juliet tale of forbidden love except with a gothic twist. Told from the perspective of Bella Swan a 17 year-old who just moved to Forks, Washington, The Twilight Saga is about the romance between Bella and her vampire sweetheart, Edward Cullen that is continuously sabotaged by sadistic and revengeful vampires, an old supercil... [tags: Pop Culture]
2238 words (6.4 pages)
- ... If Edward had not come at that time, those bad guys would have taken advantage of her. Because he is so strong, he becomes a dominant boyfriend. He decides to do whatever he wants and controls Bella. For instance, he gets into Bella’s room through the window without permission. He watches Bella while she is sleeping without her notice (Twilight). In Twilight Saga: Eclipse, he removes Bella’s car engine to stop Bella from visiting Jacob, who falls in love with her. In New Moon, Edward left Bella even though Bella was begging him not leaving her.... [tags: vampire stories, Stephenie Meyer]
1162 words (3.3 pages)
- ... This story also contains some sexual components like virginity and fornication, but the gist of this story is depicting pure evil, malicious character, Lord Ruthven, and the relationship with his companion, Aubrey. "He sucked their blood, he threw their flesh… cut off their lips, and put their heads window" vampires played with girls, and they kept them until dark only to kill them which shows another example of the evilness of vampires (Murgoci 342). As stated above, the early fictional literature and film portrayals of vampires made them fear-inducing creatures; henceforth, they grew more sophisticated, attractive and humane with time.... [tags: romantic sci-fi movie, modern vampires]
1087 words (3.1 pages)