This story stems from a conversation with his best friend, Ersin, who made an offhand remark about his internship with the Chicago Tribune being a blessing from God. This stunned him because he had no idea that his friend believed in God. Ersin was stunned to find out that he was indifferent to God. However, it was someone who he loved dearly that got him to thinking and soul searching and asking questions.
But first, Lee admits that it was in high school when he was fourteen years old that he lost his faith in God. In his biology class, he was taught Darwin’s Theory of evolution. That theory made sense to him and gave him a reason to abandon his belief in Christianity. In junior high, his parents had took him to a Protestant Church. He pretended to learn because he knew the Pastor would help him our if he didn’t recite the verses right. He was working on being confirmed as a member of that church. He did become a member and that made his parents happy because they both were believers in God.
It was in high school that he met the girl of his dreams. They dated through college, off and on, and got married (to Leslie). After he graduated and stated working for the Chicago Tribune, he realized that he had more than most people his age, but he was still missing something. He was stunned when he found out that his wife had become a Christian. This is the person who truly made him take a look at himself and his life. Truth is what brought him back to faith in God.
Being a journalist, he w...
... middle of paper ...
...ovember 8, 1981, he asked God to forgive him and invited him into his heart. Since then, Lee has found new meaning to his life that goes beyond him. Jesus has given him peace and love for others and his family.
After putting his case together and viewing the evidence, he decided that the evidence was conclusive. Lee asks that after you have read his book, make up your own mind, read the Bible, search for yourself but know that Jesus is real. He even includes a prayer that he prayed when he started his investigation.
I am a Christian. Reading this story and all the evidence that Lee uncovered has truly deepened by faith in Jesus, more than ever before. Once I started reading, I couldn’t put it down until I finished. But, in conclusion, all the answers that we really need are there in our Bible, and all we have to do is have faith in Jesus. We are never alone.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There were people in John 's day claiming to have "secret truth" about God and Jesus. There were people running around saying all kinds of things there were untrue. John 's counteracting that by saying a person needs to test every spirit. Now when John talks about spirits in this text he is not talking about demons or angels or heavenly beings. There are always spiritual forces at work. Paul tells us that "our fight is not against flesh and blood", but against the forces of evil in the heavenly realms.... [tags: Jesus, New Testament, Prophet, Teacher]
1679 words (4.8 pages)
- There were people in John 's day claiming to have secret truth about God and Jesus. There were people running around saying all kinds of things there were untrue. John 's counteracting that by saying a person needs to test every spirit. Now when John talks about spirits in this text he 's not talking, necessarily, about demons or angels or heavenly beings. There are always spiritual forces at work. Paul tells us that "our fight is not against flesh and blood", but against the forces of evil in the heavenly realms.... [tags: Jesus, New Testament, Prophet, Teacher]
1715 words (4.9 pages)
- As read he history in discussion- 4, I see that book was written after the death of Jesus Christ and even the time of Jesus there not a religious belong to him. Those religious was create by the group of the people around the communities for the need of human being and to protect life of people in my view. So after the death of Jesus people start to recognize him as massager of the god. They start to faith in him. The faith turn into the ground of people in the society and the society give make it the culture and tradition which is known as the religious and celebrate it.... [tags: Jesus, Christianity, Christ, Assyria]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- The historicity of the resurrection of Jesus of Nazareth has been the catalyst of dispute for many historians, philosophers, and Christian leaders since as early as the 1st century AD. The New Testament is overloaded with ambiguity, nuances, and inconsistencies which generate multiple frames of interpretation and solutions to the event. In the 21st century, historical assertions have reached new levels of intricacy, creativity, and sensibility as new textual and physical evidence is discovered and exploited.... [tags: Jesus, Resurrection of Jesus, New Testament]
941 words (2.7 pages)
- Jesus’s Crucifixion and Resurrection in the Gospels and the Quran Jesus’s Crucifixion and Resurrection are both highly important events that take place in the Gospels, or the major Christian books of the Bible, the sacred text of multitudes of religions. Many Christians around the world believe that Jesus was crucified and then rose from the dead after his death at the hands of his own people, the Jews. In the New Testament of the Bible, there are four Gospels each with their own personal account of Jesus’s death and Resurrection.... [tags: Jesus, Christianity, Islam, Qur'an]
2052 words (5.9 pages)
- Jesus foretells his Future Jesus mentions to the disciples, in John 8:21-30, “he is going away, and you will search for me, but you will die in your sin.” The disciples continually would need to overcome their sinful nature, but there were situations the disciples needed to understand Jesus was sent by God. This is one of the many parables Jesus used to teach those who desired to seek the understanding of the Kingdom, but for some of the peoples ' understanding or recognition of Christ would not come at the moment for some individuals.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Christian terms]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- Kayla Waid Professor Dennis Crump RELI 1003-M09 29 September 2015 Jesus is the Light of the World In John chapter eight verse twelve it quotes, “I am the light of the world; he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” In my opinion that has some of the strongest words just in one verse. John was written to prove that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. In John it gives us an up close and personal look at Christ’s identity. This verse has so many interpretations.... [tags: Jesus, Christianity, Trinity, God in Christianity]
1380 words (3.9 pages)
- A favorite character of most Bible readers is Joseph and, perhaps, his story teaches us more about the Providence of God than any other. But, it also teaches perseverance, forgiveness and faithfulness to God. Joseph was an unfortunate loser who repeatedly overcame his problems by always doing right. He refused to let negative and bad things hold him down; no matter the circumstance, he never let go of his convictions. His faith in God never wavered and his heart was so tender that he refused to hold a grudge against those who mistreated him.... [tags: Jesus, Christianity, David, Gospel of Matthew]
1655 words (4.7 pages)
- Who is Jesus Christ. What has he done to enable salvation from sin. What is the meaning and significance of what he has done. To begin to answer the question “Who is Jesus Christ,” I feel that it is extremely important to understand how our current society sees Him and Christianity. To be blunt and completely honest, we live in a society that does not tolerate prejudice. We can no longer ridicule ethnic groups such as African American Leaders who spend more time spreading poison and hatred than helping alleviate the real problem at hand.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, New Testament]
1147 words (3.3 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Christology is the study of the person of Jesus the Christ, what and who he is / was: his natures, person, obscurity, ministry, consciousness, etc. (Harvelle, 2009). Originating from the Greek word ‘Christos’ meaning, “anointed one”; it often includes such topics as the pre-existence and eternality of Christ, Old Testament prophecies about Christ, Christ’s humanity, deity, and incarnation (Herrick, 2004). Recent decades have seen an increasing concern that Jesus of the Bible was different to the Christ of theological Tradition.... [tags: Jesus, New Testament, Gospel of John, Trinity]
1959 words (5.6 pages)
- Drug Abuse Among Young People Should Experiment With Illegal Substances Before Adulthood
- Theoretical Paradigm Of China Accession Of Wto
- Ford Motor Company : A Time Of Great Social, Political, And Economic Change
- Summary Of ' Lockridge Falls, River Vale And My Hometown Potts Hill
- National History Day Project : Exploring Feminism Through History
- Same Sex Marriage Should Be Legal