Is there anyone in this world that you look up to? Do you think that you would consider them a hard worker? Is she/he intelligent, strong, resilient or confident in their abilities? On the other hand, do you think that they are stressed, tired, and just don’t want to work another day in their lives? Due to Mainstream society and how it has indoctrinated our belief that hard workers are the people that are well known for their contributions, chances are the answer is the second one. Common jobs such as the typical office worker, people in the construction industry, and jobs in the restaurant business would also be considered hard workers too, wouldn 't they? Other examples of these people are music artists, inventors of world changing products, and possibly even sports athletes. Common trends in the word today have led us to believe that hard work is defined as world changing and well known for its contributions. In reality hard work shows the characteristics of mental or physical strain on the body, the requirement of a specific skill, and must result in a designated outcome whether it be monetary or intrinsic.
The mental or physical strain on the body categorizes hard work because without some sort of stress factor there would be no such thing as work. Every person that has worked a day in their life will admit to feeling a stressful force against them. Hard work cannot exist without stress because stress causes anxiety resulting in mental breakdowns throughout the workplace. According to Magnet Communications in their national survey titled Wellness in the Workplace “white collar workers and blue collar workers share many common experiences in the workplace, but blue collar workers report many more...
... middle of paper ...
...e that mainstream ideals have indeed changed the way that we interpret hard work. Hard work isn’t only done by people who are known around the world for their accomplishments, but it is also done by the people who are uncelebrated and struggle through every day. Previously mentioned, Anderberg proclaims “It’s true that there are different kinds of hard work, but they’re both hard in their own way. The truth is that the world belongs to those who hustle. Ambition without elbow grease won’t get you anywhere. Even this generation’s career heroes, the late Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, and Richard Branson work(ed) insanely hard at their jobs. You only see glitz, but they’ve burned more than their fair share of midnight oil. Hard work should not be thought of as only contributions that change the world, it should be thought of as contributions that people make every day”.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Truth behind the American Dream Is the American Dream only a dream or can it ever be achieved. In the United States, the basic motto is to attend the American Dream. It is the ideal that every US citizen should have an equal opportunity to achieve success and prosperity through hard work; determination, and initiative. It does not matter if a person was born in a poor family; he or she has equal opportunities to attain the American Dream. The American Dream basically means success in life with a nice house, a job, knowledge and especially the pursuit of happiness.... [tags: F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby]
1728 words (4.9 pages)
- The years of hard work and dedication have finally paid off. As I stand with the scoutmaster in front of me, and the audience behind my back, I feel like this accomplishment will not only help me develop as a leader, but also as a person. Becoming an eagle scout is more than a badge and a rank; it is a sense of duty and fulfillment that I have sought for so many years and am finally able to achieve. From Cub Scout to Eagle Scout, like adolescence to adulthood, this momentous occasion symbolizes my entrance into a new world and my readiness to tackle the challenges it has in store for me.... [tags: Scouting, Boy Scouts of America, Venturing]
767 words (2.2 pages)
- In this reflection will uncover the truth behind the abuse of power and authority in the government sector. This paper will examine in depth the procs and cons of working in a female oppose to a male dominated work environment. Lastly, briefly touch on discrimination based on race/ ethnicity that continue to effect many minorities. Also, I will be discussing the working dynamics of one of my closest friends because I’m currently unemployed. My friend currently works for the federal government. She works for General Services Administration as a procurement technician at the Hawaii Field Office.... [tags: Leadership, Employment, Boss, Male]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- The Truth Behind the Health Professions Scholarship Program: Dollars, Duty, and Death For undergraduate students looking to pursue a career in medicine, medical school can be a daunting financial endeavor. The Health Professions Scholarship Program is a military scholarship offered by the Army, Navy, and Air Force that covers all tuition and fees for one to four years at any accredited medical school or other qualifying professional program. The scholarship also gives the student a stipend for living expenses.... [tags: Physician, Medicine, Medical school, Army]
749 words (2.1 pages)
- For Many years scholars and interpreters have been trying to find any truth that could possibly be found in the writings of Nostradamus. For many occasions people have been convinced that this man could see the future and he documented it in his many journals and books titled The Centuries. The writings and prophecies have been a controversial issue for many years. Most Nostradomus translators have more than likely misinterpreted his work because of his nearly illegible style of writings, thus false information is commonly found about this man of the past.... [tags: Prophecy Prophet essays research papers]
2204 words (6.3 pages)
- Life is a struggle and sometimes, it’s difficult to get over a problem. Everyone has their hard time, so do I. I have been experiencing many failures, betrayals and fell down many times. However, I still manage to get up and go on. There’s one memory that has a huge impact on my thinking. It doesn’t last long, but surely a challenge for me. It’s when I lost myself and my goals... Yes, I used to lose myself, but luckily, I could get rid of it in time. It happened about four months ago, when I was in the midterm of the first semester.... [tags: personal narrative]
560 words (1.6 pages)
- “Truth is information which has been clearly proved, or affirmed, or verified… standing firm no matter whether it yields returns or not,” Václav Havel states on his views of truth. Part of faith is trusting in God and standing firm in the faith and church, yet learning about what you affirm when talking about faith. The truth of faith can be confusing and hard to understand in varying points of the Christian faith. Typically, these confusions occur when the truth of faith does not line up with events, actions, or thoughts about what you wanted to believe the nature of the truth of faith is.... [tags: Christianity, Trinity, Jesus, Holy Spirit]
2270 words (6.5 pages)
- The house is dark and hushed as I make my way up the stairs to my bedroom. As I collapse onto my comfortable bed, straining to keep my eyes open after a rigorous day of school and work, I am overcome with a realization: "I still have to take a shower." Despite my bed's magnetic pull, I use what little bit of conserved energy I still have and make my way to the bathroom. Although my body is weary from exhaustion, a sense of satisfaction overwhelms my senses and emotions as I step behind the plastic drapery to a simple place of relaxation and renewal.... [tags: bathroom, shower, reflection, decisions, water]
583 words (1.7 pages)
- Truth, Belief and the Bible Order, pattern, method, harmony, and purpose - these are the qualities on which we, humankind, have come to base our existence. We strive to find meaning in all that we do, say, read, write, and live. A story is not just a story; it is a lesson. A thought is not merely a thought, but a revelation. Hardship is not simply misfortune, but an act of God. Truth is considered the result of a divine arrangement - one that is complex and intricate, and finally revealed to us through a glorious realization.... [tags: Holy Bible Essays]
1075 words (3.1 pages)
- Admissions Essay: The Plain Truth All of my life I have been a city girl, but I moved to Santa Rosa when I was about 13. Up until I was about 16, I lived there permanently. I used to switch back and forth from parent to parent all of the time. When I first started high school, I went to Piner High and, in my junior year, I went to Montgomery and, from there, to a continuation school. I am currently now back at Piner. I had to basically kick and scream to get back into my regular high school--as you can see there is some drama behind the scene.... [tags: Medicine College Admissions Essays]
509 words (1.5 pages)