In this generation, we are all told to believe marketers when they tell us that the way of life is being selfish. We are suppose to pursuit nothing but money and fame in order to have happiness in our lives. Having money is like being in love with a brand new favorite food. At first it 's new but after awhile it 's tasteless and boring after many times of eating it. Money is often convenient and buys many comforts, but in life we need more than just luxuries to have success and happiness.Although if you ask everyone how life could be easier, they would answer with money.Money does make life easier but doesnt always make life a better quality. For example, Money cannot buy you a successful happy relationship with your significant other, t...
... middle of paper ...
...nd if all that work is worth the success. Some may think that success isn’t for them. Other may think it’s way too much work just to say they were successful in life.But you have to think do I want to have all the nice things in life with no one by my side because I let media take over instead of following my own heart? Or would you rather feel confident, have all the nice things, and still have all your supporters and family by your side due to actually following your heart? Becoming successful is not easy at all and it takes time, and not many are truly successful.Success is a honest goal to strive for. Nobody becomes success in a blink of an eye. Success takes practice just like many things in life. The secret to success and happiness is to ignore media’s interpretation of success and strive to gain success by showing appreciation, patience, respect, and integrity.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Is there someone you know that is wealthy and prominent. Do they demonstrate the characteristics of a successful person in today’s society. Media today has effectively convinced our society into accepting an untrue, even possibly hazardous definition of success. Even though Webster’s dictionary defines success as “achieving wealth, respect, and fame,” the definition of success is different for everyone. Society wants us to accept that having money, having big house, and owning multiple cars is the key to happiness, and henceforth, success.... [tags: Society, Work, Intelligence]
698 words (2 pages)
- Carol Bartz is the definition of a true success. She was born in 1948 to a low economic family. She grew up in a time period where men were superior to women, especially in the workforce. She broke barriers in many ways. She faced tragedy, poverty, discrimination; sexism yet did not let anything stop her. Bartz did not grow up in a traditional household, but was forced to live with her grandparents. Having her mother die at a young age, being taken away from her abusive father, Bartz was left with her grandparents.... [tags: Gender, Gender role, Cancer, Breast cancer]
1338 words (3.8 pages)
- As I continue to grow and mature into a young adult, I have begun to realize that the word “Success” can have many different meanings. Depending on the person you’re discussing it with, they may see it differently than you do. The media and society have convinced us into accepting a misleading meaning of how success should be defined. Many people who are rich and seen as successful are often very stressed out and struggling with everyday life. Although, this is something that society often decides to look past because the rich are perceived to be very content and joyful with the way they are living their lives, almost as if they have nothing to worry about because of their success.... [tags: Definition, Meaning of life, Personal life]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- There has always been the age old question, “What does true success mean to you?” For many centuries, everybody has given their own definition of success. Whether it is money, happiness, love, or power, everybody has their own definition of success. Stephen Covey, a popular author, once said, “If you carefully consider what you want to be said of you in the funeral experience, you will find your definition of success.” I believe that everybody has to realize what real success means to you. Everybody has aspirations for their life, and coming to terms with those aspirations can set one up for successful life.... [tags: Meaning of life, Happiness, Definition]
900 words (2.6 pages)
- Imagine yourself ten years from now. From now till then, you will have short and long-term goals that will either be achieved or ignored. The achievement of success is by accomplishing goals with the happiness that comes along with it. Achieving goals is an ongoing process throughout the lives of humans until there is no more to gain. Although, society makes people believe success is measured by money and monetary items. Of course, money is important to have in possession to constantly pay bills and support your family.... [tags: Society, Success, Wealth, Money]
888 words (2.5 pages)
- The true definition of success is the accomplishment of an aim or purpose. Although, many people have different perceptions of success. Success is judged by the individuals themselves. Success can be defined in many ways including: wealth, happiness, fame, etc. Success can be anything from material goods to concepts. It all depends on your concept and how you achieve your goals. You have to have persistence within yourself. Varying on your profession, you will need a certain skill level. Your definition of success can be suitable best for you, but not for others.... [tags: If You Have to Ask, Failure, Want, Need, Success]
1097 words (3.1 pages)
- Most people commonly describe success, as being wealthy in life. This is not the meaning entirely, the definition of success is simple. A person is successful, if he or she has very good payment at his or her work and if he or she is happy with the job, they are doing. Education really leads to success. If a person has good education, he or she can choose their careers and be successful at it. Education is a form of learning in which the knowledge and skills is being transferred from a group of people to another or from a generation to the next, through teaching and training.... [tags: wealthy, academic success]
1891 words (5.4 pages)
- Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston Churchill -- Success is defined as the favorable termination of attempts or endeavors and the accomplishment of one’s goals. When I hear the word success, I think of my friend and my teacher, Mrs. Regina Kynes. I consider her successful because she has a strong family, a favorable career, and she is the most generous person that I know. Mrs. Kynes is respected and admired by those who see her as successful.... [tags: Definition Essays 2014]
555 words (1.6 pages)
- Imagine yourself ten years from now. From now till then, you will have short and long-term goals that will either be achieved or ignored. The achievement of success is by accomplishing your goals with the happiness that comes along with it. Achieving your goals is an ongoing process throughout the lives of humans until there is no more to gain. Although, society makes people believe success is measured by the money and monetary items. Of course, money is important to have in possession to constantly pay bills and support your family.... [tags: happiness, income, family]
707 words (2 pages)
- "Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success.” – Swami Vivekananda -- What is success. How can I come successful. There's a library's worth of self-help books on how to become successful. Yet, at the end of the day, each of us decides our own personal definition of success. How will we balance security and adventure, challenge and safety, mastery versus risk-taking?. Learning expert Dawna Markova's words are simple yet profound: "Each of us is here to give something that only we can offer, and... [tags: Definition Essays 2014]
400 words (1.1 pages)
- The Biblical Cannon Is The Complete, Inspired, And Inerrant Word Of God
- Ancient Mesopotamian And Egyptian Civilizations
- How Networking Can Enhance Your Performance Within Your Organization
- The Theory Of A Lifelong Learner
- Social Media And Its Impact On Business
- My Life That Have Influenced Me And Caused Change And Growth