When starting a small business, in the food and beverage industry, there are always several trends and conditions that will affect your business, including consumer choice. Consumers want to be able to chose their personal preferences, which have been focused on natural culinary ingredients, that are sourced locally, and that possess natural and sustainable factors; becoming a healthier lifestyle, for most. Kudler Fine Foods provides consumers with specialty food, beverages, cuisines, and culinary themes that will have an influence on the trends for 2015, (Food Trends, 2015).
With technology becoming a part of our everyday lives, consumers are now starting a new trend that is taking over the industry, online shopping. With this trend, comes opportunity to create a consumer base that revolves around the home shopper. We live in a time where we want instant gratification, consumers do not want to wait for their products; they want to purchase an item; and they want it now. Online shopping will be an opportunity for Kudler Fine Foods to provide those consumers with the fine food products they want, when they want them.
According to Soderlin, consumers are getting “increasingly comfortable” with the idea of shopping online for groceries,” (Top 10 supermarket trends coming in 2015, para. 2, 2014). This trend started growing with the current rise of smart phone technology, and how it can make everyday life simpler. Implementing and maintaining updated technological advances, within Kudler Fine Foods will allow staff members to offer consumers same day delivery. Same day delivery has become a trend that everyone is using more often. This encourages consumers...
... middle of paper ...
...Foods need to be conscious of the trends and conditions that continuously move through the industry, including providing online shopping and delivery services, cuisine assortments, and healthier options for food and food preparation. It is also important the Kudler maintains an open communication with consumers, so they are able to better understand what is currently in demand. Kudler Fine Foods is a specialty store, in the San Diego Metropolitan area that focuses on locally sourced, upscale food items; from California and around the world. Kudler’s mission is to provide consumers with a ‘delightful, pleasing shopping experience with employees that are helpful and knowledgeable’, (About Kudler Fine Foods, 2011). By adjusting to the trends and conditions that affect business, Kudler Fine Foods will be able to take advantage of the business opportunity presented.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction The global market for international soft drink industry is about $ 198 billion out of which the giants like Coca Cola and Pepsi hold a major stake. The marketing and sales trends vary from one country to another depending on the geographic and climatic conditions. Cadbury Schwepps is the third major player in the global soft drink industry. The three giants occupy about 90% of the total market. Over the past few years, the global trends have clearly indicated that the consumption of carbonated and non-carbonated soft drinks has nearly doubled.... [tags: Marketing, Outsourcing, Advertising]
557 words (1.6 pages)
- Bottled water is the other form of privatizing water and is a profit driven business worldwide. It is important to include bottled water in the same discussion as municipal water sources mainly in looking at how developed countries are handling water issues. For Europe and the United States, both have relatively safe water and the infrastructure, which provides water to all citizens compared to developing countries. The problem however for developed countries is the bottled water industry and the continual issues with expansion.... [tags: Drinking water, Bottled water]
2063 words (5.9 pages)
- A recent trend has emerged in the beverage industry that pinpoints a change in attitude and behavior in consumers. Want to find out what this new trend is. Next time you are at a grocery store, walk down the wine aisle and look for something out of the ordinary. Between all of the wine bottles something different will pop out: wine cans. It now seems that beer is not the only alcoholic beverage sold in cans. Within the past year the creation and consumption of canned wine have greatly increased.... [tags: Wine, Fermentation, Alcoholic beverage]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- The Beverage Industry is a very mature industry and includes companies that market nonalcoholic beverages and alcoholic items. There is room for growth opportunities but there are very few compared to existing businesses in the sector. Since the growth mainly comes from those already in this industry, many of the companies seek to diversify their offerings to continue to compete. One of the main ways to diversify their offerings is too seek out arrangements or acquisitions that expand their geographic reach, acquire new products, and expand their operations.... [tags: PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, The Coca-Cola Company]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- Trends in the Hospitality Industry Nowadays trends are everywhere. You can find them in every industry and they play a huge role. The retro trend in clothing, the SUV trend in the car industry, but nowhere else are trends more important than in the hospitality industry. But what exactly is a trend. A trend describes usually the time measurable course of a development into a certain quantitative and/or qualitative direction. In economics, trends are changes of the behavior of the society. In marketing research this describes the change and development of the consumerism and consumption behavior.... [tags: Industry Trends]
1440 words (4.1 pages)
- A. Environment A.1 Economic conditions and trends Although Starbucks company is a very successful company, in 2008, Starbucks Company took the hit during the economic slowdown and customers opted for cheaper coffee options for their everyday coffee. Additionally, their stock price fell from $36 to $18 per share that year and was forced to shut 600 shops that were not making any profit. A.2 Cultural and social values and trends There is a study that there are over 166 million coffee drinkers in the United States.... [tags: Coffee, Starbucks, Coffeehouse, Espresso]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- Careers in Lodging and Food and Beverage Management If you are interested in a management career in hospitality industry it is good to research the management position that you may be interested in. Find out what the different positions are is a good way to start your research. The two different industries within the hospitality industry are the Hotel and Lodging industry and the Restaurant industry. The different top management position in the Hotel and Lodging are: General Manager, Director of Human Resources, Director of Food and beverage, Director of Rooms Division, Director of Sales and Marketing, Director of Engineering, Director of Accounting.... [tags: human resource, food and beverage industry]
1380 words (3.9 pages)
- The name information technology was used for the first time in 1958, in an article in Harvard Business Review and since that time this industry has seen only innovations throughout the history. Some problems that the industry is facing are the increase competition from the offshore and inshore players, the slow growth of the hardware sales, the decrease in the IT spending globally etc. But despite all the problems and challenges that the industry is facing, the opportunities are many. One of the most important ones is the increased number of the smart device users which is established as a very profitable segment for the information technology segment.... [tags: information technology, cloud computing, it]
1504 words (4.3 pages)
- Over the years, energy drinks have become very popular being one of the fastest-growing parts of the beverage industry. (Meier) These products are meant to revitalize the body by boosting energy so that consumers can be more active and productive. The strengths of entering this industry include: low supplier power, international recognition, and an appealing image. The ingredients necessary to make energy drinks consist of caffeine, taurine, vitamins, and other supplements that are easily accessible.... [tags: Caffeine, Energy drink, Coffee, Red Bull]
1052 words (3 pages)
- Monster Beverage Corporation The Hansen Beverage company (recently changing their name to Monster Beverage Corporation on January 5th of 2012), was a family owned and operated company in the 1930’s, selling freshly squeezed juices to local film studios. In the 1970’s, one of the Hansen brothers decided to transition their beverage business into marketing ‘natural sodas’. This was the upturn of the company that led them to where they are today. Today, Monster Beverage Corp. has transformed into the largest energy drink company in Canada with sales of more than $ 2.1 billion in 2012.... [tags: Hansen Beverage, Monster Beverage]
1414 words (4 pages)