Jess Collins (2014) states “Transformational leadership has been extensively researched and is widely believed to be the most effective leadership style. Transformational leaders motivate and inspire others to achieve their best. Moreover, I knew that in order for me to have the best results with my leadership conundrum, I needed to know my people. Furthermore, I knew that I also needed to know how to lead transformation in their actions as a recruiter’s.
As I begun to test my leadership conundrum, I focused on ensuring that I motivated each of them as we worked through the phases of the assignment. I believe that positive motivation throughout this process, provided the member of the group with a sense of strength, because they knew that I believed in them, which contributed to their overall desire to work hard in order to accomplish our objectives.
Additionally, the use of transformational leadership allowed me to help develop each recruiter’s intellectual stimulation, which creates the ability for any of the recruiter to create new ways to attract new applicants and increase the...
... middle of paper ...
...was invested into their growth. Furthermore, it was obvious that they decisions that I made as a leader, had a lasting influence on how much effort they would put into doing their tasks more efficiently. Moreover, the use of transformational leadership, helped me to guide and direct the thoughts and actions of the employees.
Once the leadership conundrum was completed, I began to study the data that was collected over the three weeks. My initial impression of the study overall, was that it went well. I believe that if I would have had to recomplete this same leadership conundrum, I would have made slightly different decisions, so that I could have gained a further explanation as to how leadership abilities could influence the development of employees. Additionally, I believe that there are still answers that needs to be met, that I don’t believe I sought to answer.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Critical Reflection Assignment I chose Transformational Leadership in Social Work as my elective course, because I wanted to learn about ethical leadership and about the state of contemporary nonprofits specializing in human services. I also wanted to challenge myself. For example, when I volunteered to describe the steps required to register the non-profit agency with the IRS and the state of Texas, I struggled at first, but during the process of researching the topic, I was becoming more confident in my ability to successfully complete initially unfamiliar task.... [tags: Social work, Management]
1452 words (4.1 pages)
- This research paper provides a strong recommendation to influence my position for instilling a transformational leadership style in an organization. The data in the paper offers a theoretical method with proven examples regarding the implementation of a leadership style, which provides facts that are applicable to transformational leadership. Further, the research investigates a method for making the necessary changes for a business to model to anchor as the foundation of the organization. However, if the execution of an organizational change is careless implemented, the organization will implode and cause a decrease in productivity of the company.... [tags: Management, Strategic management, Business model]
1257 words (3.6 pages)
- The selected article Building Cross-Cultural Leadership Competence is an interview of multiculturalism and diversification attributes holder leader, known as Carlos Ghosn. In the article, the Arthur, Gunter & Mary, (2013, p.495) refers to the leadership attributes and qualities which were discussed through the reflected personality of Mr. Ghosn, and his perceptions and practice experiences that define the significance of being a leader or becoming a leader, specifically in multi-culturist and diversified globalization of business industries.... [tags: Leadership, Situational leadership theory]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- 2: How leadership has changed Vibrant vision First of all, the best leaders have a vibrant vision with the ability to cut through today 's clutter of information to communicate that vision to multiple stakeholders in a memorable way. (Carol Stephenson, 2011) Because nowadays economics and technology are quickly changing with great uncertainty, no one can exactly say what tomorrow would be. So good leaders need to be able to find out the trends of events from the mass information, and make decision effectively.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Flat organization]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- 1.2 Leadership Theory There are no fixed combination or characteristics to make a Leader perfect. It depends on the situation also certain attributes. There are several leadership theories as there are lots of researchers, professors, philosophers have been studied in leadership theory. Many have tried to identify the characters of different leadership to make a leader authentic (Dems, 2015). Now in below three leadership theory outline very shortly: Participative leadership theory: In this leadership style, a leader turns his group for input ideas to take a decision fairly take by himself.... [tags: Leadership, Management, Decision making]
719 words (2.1 pages)
- IDENTIFYING A THEORY TO DISSECT ORGANIZATIONAL PROBLEMS Identifying a theory to Dissect Organizational Problems Motivation is a guiding principle that can keep people focus, moving them towards achieving their goals whether personally of professionally. A lack of Performance may be due to lack of motivation, but is not always the case. Sometimes even the highly motivated employee can perform poorly. This may be due to other factors to include being knowledgeably, poor management, low pay, poor company policy and procedures, no opportunity to grow with the company and low morale.... [tags: motivation, leadership, performances ]
545 words (1.6 pages)
- Tenet Healthcare: Corporate Innovation Innovation is an integral part of any successful business entity. Innovation involves building a creativity culture, developing new business models, installing new technologies, and most importantly, innovative leaders (Davila, Epstein, & Shelton, 2013). The new, unstable and highly competitive healthcare environment requires innovative leadership to become successful in the effective execution of innovative practices. Davila, Epstein, & Shelton, (2013) describe the Seven Rules of Innovation: utilizing strong leadership on the organization’s innovation strategy, integration of innovation, matching innovation to organizational strategy, aligning go... [tags: transformational leadership]
3147 words (9 pages)
- Personal Individual Reflection on the Training and Development Authority (TDA) Introduction TDA is an organization based in UK, which is distinctively recognized for its unique endeavors in persuading and convincing students that teaching is the best career for any student. Its core mission lies in relaying the advantages of teaching by demonstrating and explaining what teaching involves. Its sole objective aims at educating children and the youth through this teaching profession so as to enable them become part of a tolerant and productive United Kingdom society.... [tags: Organizational Issues]
1679 words (4.8 pages)
- Assessment of a study of the relationship between transformational leadership, empowerment and organizational commitment Introduction and Purpose of Study The implications of transformational leadership on a firm’s employees and the success of the firm overall are areas of ongoing research according to Ismail, Mohamed, Sulaiman, Mohamad, and Yusuf (2011). The authors make the case that in a changing global environment transformational leadership styles, rather than transactional styles, are a means organizations are using to meet their strategies (p.... [tags: social issues, transformational leadership]
1527 words (4.4 pages)
- Control and Leadership Paper Introduction Sears Holdings is a company in transition. Now, faced with adversity and the threat of bankruptcy looming its leadership has come under scrutiny. “Great leaders not only have drive; they want to lead. Also important is a high need for power, a preference to be in leadership rather than follower positions. A high power need induces people to attempt to influence others, and sustains interest and satisfaction in the process of leadership.... [tags: Sears Business Analysis]
1061 words (3 pages)