Lecture is the topic on training we will talk about first. When you hear the word lecture you are probably thinking of someone talking and giving instructions; and the people who are receiving the message listening, and acting on those instructions. According to Reference for Business, “The lecture method is best used for creating a general understanding of a topic. In the pure lecture, communication is one way from trainer to trainees. It is an extensive oral presentation of the material.” (Par. 6) Basically it is what everyone thought managers teach the new employees by talking to them about how to perform the specific job.
Orientation is the next topic we are going to talk about. Orientation is actually one of the most important parts of learning about the new business and how they operate. Training Today says, “ Orientation determines how new employees perceive and adjust to the organization. Orientation should make the new employees feel welcome and provide them with the information they need to begin their new jobs safely and productively.” (Par. 6) orientation is very important because it lets your employees know their workplace. The...
... middle of paper ...
...yourself, but they will be there if you have any confusion and need help. On the job training is so important because, you are actually doing the job in a specific situation. If you never run the register you will never learn. With on the job training it’s the first time you’re in the position as the worker, and not a bystander.
All of these training exercises can make you a better worker and be successful in the workplace. So remember do your best in your training and take everything serious, because you are learning new skills. Don’t get upset with yourself if you make a mistake because, you are learning remember. If you don’t ever make a mistake you will never learn.
Well those are the types of training our group hopes this information will help you in the future with your working career. We also hope you learned something on types of training in the workplace.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... The classes do not necessarily need to be group exercise classes, there are many other classes available that will strengthen you. Yoga is one of those classes. Yoga not only stretches your muscles out so they have more room to grow, you also usually work in a warm or hot environment, which makes your muscles work harder. Yoga involves balance, concentration, and relaxation. These things are all necessary and relevant to muscle strengthening because if you do too much strengthening in a short amount of time, like a week, you could possibly get injured.... [tags: body building]
931 words (2.7 pages)
- One of the most important part of the Star Wars movies is the lightsabers. Every lightsaber is different from the next because the lightsaber is made for the owner. A good description of what a lightsaber can do came from the Star War website and the article “Lightsaber – Info” “In the hands of a Jedi, a lightsaber is almost unstoppable. It can be used to cut through blast doors or enemies alike. Using the Force, a Jedi can predict and deflect incoming blaster bolts, and reflect them back at the firer” (Lightsaber- Info).... [tags: jedi, star wars, light saber]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Training and development has become increasingly essential to the success of modern organisations, yet some still look at training as a problem or as something that is not taken seriously. Training and development is one key approach used by organisations to improve and maintain the capabilities of its workforce. However, many experts distinguish between training and development, being that training tends to be more closely focused and adapted towards short-term performance concerns, while development tends to be adapted more towards expanding an individual’s skills for future responsibilities (Snell and Bohlander 2007).... [tags: Persuasive, Continuous Training]
2215 words (6.3 pages)
- Training Needs Analysis of Walmart The goals include training on leadership. The objective is for management to gain the proper skills to effectively lead teams, resolve conflicts, and better their management abilities. The training will address employee turnovers to low wages, effective communication strategies, and effective leadership. Management will become more strategic in selecting the right candidates to fill positions. The knowledge and skills attained will be that managers will become better leaders by becoming more empathetic.... [tags: Management, Training, Skill, Leadership]
1312 words (3.7 pages)
- Needs Assessment for Employee Customer Service Training A needs assessment is a process that evaluates an employee’s current condition and compares it to the employer’s desired condition. The differences between the current and desired condition are called “gaps” or needs. Gaps can identify areas of improvement or deficiency. Employees and management all have training needs because no one knows everything or behaves perfectly; an assessment will assist an organization in identifying where the training needs are that will best support the organizational improvement.... [tags: Employee, Customer Service, Training]
1154 words (3.3 pages)
- 1. Cost-effectiveness. No doubt primary data is more expensive (and time-consuming) to collect than is secondary data, and the cost-effectiveness of this survey is more difficult to determine, but would take into account the actual costs incurred and the benefits realised. Both costs and benefits could be immediate (Rouse, 2012), and/or longer term, direct or indirect, tangible or intangible (ie, defy easy quantification). However, a simple force-field analysis or cost-benefit analysis would be useful to justify the survey investment.... [tags: Learning styles, Training, Skill, Education]
1944 words (5.6 pages)
- An overview of research, theory, and investigative approaches were presented in Section III. Section IV contains an analysis of relevant information as it addresses the capstone questions presented earlier. The following analysis focuses on ensuring the available data are useful and presented effectively, not on drawing any conclusions or connections. Relevant Analysis The following relevant analysis contains a review of the information surrounding the problem of a 9.5% failure rate of HRTs on call monitors in 2013 (XYZ Bank, 2014).... [tags: schedulling, duration, employees]
1426 words (4.1 pages)
- Barfield, J. P., Channell, B., Pugh, C., Tuck, M., & Pendel, D. (2012). Format of Basic Instruction Program Resistance Training Classes: Effect on Fitness Change in College Students. Physical Educator, 69(4), 325-341. Barfield from Endicott College, Channell is a strength coach at Oliver Springs High School, Pugh from Tennessee Tech University Pendel is a personal trainer at Vestavia Country Club. The reasoning for this study was to evaluate and compare different types of exercise resistance classes.... [tags: Exercise, Physical exercise, Strength training]
1141 words (3.3 pages)
- “Aerobic endurance is the ability to sustain an aerobic effort over time, such as distance running or cycling” (Guth et al., 2013).Muscular endurance is one of the main fitness components that is very important in many sports, especially for those playing sports or activities that need to perform repetitive movement in a similar pattern for a prolonged period of time. Training for endurance can be simply any of the person’s favorite sports or activities such as walking, hiking, running, swimming and cycling.... [tags: Muscle, Exercise, High-intensity interval training]
1403 words (4 pages)
- Discriminative Training on Two Different Luminance of Key Lights Not a few experiments on the discriminative training with pigeons were done over past several decades, and many researchers found that various factors relate to the results of discriminative training with pigeons. In a classical study by Heinemann and Rudolph (1963), they suggested that the geometric size of the stimulus influences on the efficiency of the learning by pigeons. There are several other factors pertaining to that efficiency of the learning.... [tags: Papers]
1416 words (4 pages)