My toddler years consisted of Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure, The Goonies, and Cinderella. I went to even greater heights as a toddler to wear out a Barney VHS Tape, more specifically Barney’s Great Adventure. When watching a movie for the first time as a toddler, you don’t notice certain details until your parent or someone else points them out. For me, this peculiar incident was the movie Bambi.
It was nearing the end of 1995 and I just turned four when my mother father decided to have a special movie night for when my dad came home. Mom had recently acquired Bambi but would not let me watch it the day she bought it. She told me, “Wait till your father gets home. He will really enjoy this movie.” The reason I wasn’t allowed to watch Bambi was because my dad was out of town for a week on a hunting trip with a friend. I just handled not seeing my father for a week as him working really hard to “put food on the table,” as he would tell me. He came in, along with his friend Bobby who helped him carry a cooler and their equipment to the kitchen.
What seemed like hours, we finally sat down in front of our television and popped in Bambi. Dad brought home hog, at least that’s what he told me, and we pressed play, stuffing our faces. As the movie progressed with the meeting of Thumper, my favorite character at the time, and Flower, I was genuinely happy. I laughed at th...
... middle of paper ...
...e fact that I grew up with Toy Story 1 and 2, Toy Story 3 brought out revelations I would never had realized if not for what happened in that movie and at that certain time of my life. The ending where Andy comes to appreciate his time with the toys by giving them to Bonnie showed me that I will be fine without the constant support from my parents. When Andy was packing up the toys and the items from his room made me aware of that fact that I am growing up and I will be heading into the next stage of life. The Toy Story trilogy encompassed the different stages of my life.
During anyone’s life time they see hundreds upon hundreds of films and in that course of seeing those films; they compare their life with those films. Even though I have only experienced nineteen years, I love the movies that have been associated with those crazy but rewarding nineteen years.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- If you hunt whitetail deer with a bow you know just how difficult it can be to just lay eyes on a mature buck let alone harvest one. There is nothing better than time afield for honing the skills to consistently harvest mature deer but articles like this one can help you understand what your are experiencing in the woods. Mature whitetails, bucks as well as does, may act a little differently than younger deer and if you want to target mature whitetails you must approach your scouting as well as hunting a little differently as well.... [tags: White-tailed deer, Hunting, Deer, Mule deer]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- Growing up in a small town in South Central Texas, you get use to hearing the phrases, “Oh, I can’t I’m taking my kids out hunting this weekend.” and “My boy shot his first buck, last weekend out at the deer lease.” and my personal favorite courtesy of my own father, “I can’t go to your dance recital/ peewee rodeo/ jr high volleyball game, I’ll be out of town at the deer lease.” Growing up in a state that is predominately known for having decent whitetail deer and a moderate season, from a young age you learn that a lot of school functions and family functions will be dependant on how deer season falls in your area.... [tags: Hunting, White-tailed deer, Deer, Mule deer]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- “Thud thud thud,” it was all I heard when I was peering through my scope. The pleasure hunting gives me always had been immeasurable, any type of hunting, but my personal favorite is rifle deer season. The very first time I went deer hunting I was 14 years old. Opening weekend, my dad, who is a die hard hunter, was going to take me out with him. We were planning to head up North and hunt on public land in Emily, Minnesota. To make it to Emily and get set up before the sun rose, at exactly 8:06 in the morning, the truck engine was starting at five in the morning and pulling out five minutes later.... [tags: Deer, Hunting, Deer hunting]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- Imagine the biggest deer of our life walking in front of us. The thing is so big that at first glance you didn’t even think it was a deer. That is what the Zellmer deer camp is all about. The deer camp was started seven and a half decades ago by my grandfather’s grandfather. The Zellmer deer camp consists of nine Zellmer’s and one family friend. It consists of myself and my three brothers, my dad, my uncle, and my three cousins along with my cousin’s friend. We have carried this tradition on since 1940 when my grandfather’s grandfather started it.... [tags: Hunting, Deer, Olfaction, Odor]
1074 words (3.1 pages)
- Deer overpopulation is a controversial topic. Some believe that deer overpopulation is not a real problem. Some may also believe the high numbers that studies show, is a scheme to give hunters an excuse to hunt without reason. The truth is that deer overpopulation is a true issue. Deer, especially the eastern whitetail deer population in these modern times, is out of control. “There are an estimated 30 million whitetail deer in the United States today. Under optimal conditions, whitetail deer populations will double every two years”(Rooney).... [tags: White-tailed deer, Hunting, Deer, Meat]
1436 words (4.1 pages)
- The Need for Deer Hunting Years ago, killing animals for food was part of the average man’s everyday life. While, now a days, hunting is questioned by many across the world because it is commonly viewed as a recreational activity. Many residents have a problem with the dangers that come with hunting. Not to mention, as time goes on, society seems to feel differently about animals and how they should be treated. One of the biggest debates is the harvest of white tailed deer. All over the United States, white tailed deer thrive because of the few predators that feast upon them and the large forests and habitats that these deer can flourish in.... [tags: Hunting, White-tailed deer, Deer, United States]
2063 words (5.9 pages)
- I would like to own a deer Ranch. You have to keep the fenced in area managed to look like the woods. My deer ranch will be in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. The name of my business would be Antler Ridge Deer Ranch. A deer ranch is a fenced in area where my Whitetail deer will be raised to be hunted as wild game. This would be my ideal business. It sounds like fun but there is a lot that comes with owning your own deer ranch. It takes a lot of your time and energy to manage. It will cost a lot of money, but in the end, you should end up ahead.... [tags: Deer, Hunting, White-tailed deer, Elk]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- Adult black widow spiders have a shiny, black, rounded, circular abdomen and are about 1/3 inch long (about 1-1/2 inches when their legs are spread). Adult spiders have two reddish or yellowish triangles on their bottom which looks like an hourglass marking, and their body color is dark colored usually black or sometimes dark brown. They are usually recognized because of their red or red-orange hourglass design on the bottom of their abdomen. This pattern is changeable and may look like two separated spots.... [tags: Biology Biological Spiders Research Spider Essays]
2385 words (6.8 pages)
- Spiders Spiders can be found in all environments throughout the entire world, except in the air and sea. (Biology of Spiders, R.Foelix) These invertebrates of the order Aranea are one of the several groups of the Class Arachnida, with about thirty four thousand species. They range in body size from only a few millimeters in length to almost five inches. All are carniverous and have four pair of walking legs, one pair of pedipalps, and one pair of chelicerae. (Spiders, W.Shear) Each chelicerae consists of a base and a fang.... [tags: science]
1896 words (5.4 pages)
- Spiders My essay is on spiders. I have chosen a few spiders to report about. I also have some basic info about spiders in general. Spiders comprise a large, widespread group of carnivorous arthropods. They have eight legs, can produce silk, and usually have poison glands associated with fangs. More than 30,000 species of spiders are found on every continent except Antarctica in almost every kind of terrestrial habitat and a few aquatic ones as well. Spiders range in body size from about 0.5 mm (0.02 in) to 9 cm (3.5 in).... [tags: essays research papers]
614 words (1.8 pages)