... middle of paper ...
...body. It all starts with the foundation of how these products came to be — ingredients. A lesson learned is that if we cannot pronounce the word or it is unfamiliar, then we should definitely avoid the product. Following this, we are losing faith in our cosmetic companies because their products are misleading and do not show the results we desire. Furthermore, other countries have made a move on banning toxic chemicals from personal care products because many studies have shown proof that toxins are dangerous to our health. While it seems like countries are shaming America, things can change to a brighter side if companies and organizations along with customers work together to regulate laws on banning toxic chemicals. Rather than standing by and wondering why America is so ignorant, you can be the bigger person by doing your own research and choosing safe products.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Do You Know what’s in Your Personal Care Products. Did you know, the personal care products you use every day have dozens of toxic chemicals that link to cancer, asthma, learning disabilities, and more. A campaign community working to build a healthier planet called The Story of Stuff and the Campaign for Safe Cosmetics, created a seven minute film called Chemicals in Beauty Products: The Story of Cosmetics. The purpose of this campaign film is to inform its viewers, specifically women and moms, about the toxic chemicals in our everyday personal care products, from lipstick to baby shampoo, that we may not know about.... [tags: Cosmetics, Personal care, Emotion, Lipstick]
1196 words (3.4 pages)
- Synthesis Essay #2 The definition of beauty is a characteristic of a person, animal, place, object, or idea that provides a perceptual experience of pleasure, meaning, or satisfaction. Beauty has negative and positive influences on mostly people. Beauty is described by the inside and outside of us. Due to beauty, our self-esteem has been hurt dramatically, especially towards girls. Beauty is not always about our outside looks but it’s about our inside personality also. First of all, beauty has negative and positive influences on about everything.... [tags: Beauty]
916 words (2.6 pages)
- There are many different types of beauty pageants in today’s society, but a child beauty pageant consist of modeling sportswear, evening attire, dance and talent. The children are judged based on individuality in looks, capability, poise, perfection and confidence. As the judges call it, "the complete package". There are two main types of beauty pageant the natural pageant and the glitz pageant. Glitz pageants are the "glamour" pageants where girls are dressed in high fashion, evening gowns and swimsuit.... [tags: Beauty contest, Child beauty pageant, Beauty]
1743 words (5 pages)
- When flipping though the the glossy pages of a magazine it’s easy to notice similar attributes possessed by the models. These include long healthy hair, straight white teeth, high cheek bones, slender bodies and delicate feminine features. One would assume that that these traits are common characteristics of beauty and universally recognized, but that assumption would be wrong. Take China for example, the cultural norm for beauty is incredibly diverse to America’s. Plump round bodies and cherub like faces are traits of the most desirable Chinese belle.... [tags: Beauty]
704 words (2 pages)
- Eight girls are standing in line at a movie theater. All smiling in a carefree manner that could be expected of any all American teenage girl. However, statistics say that two of these girls bare scars on their bodies that our society would deem, “self-inflicted”. The truth of the matter is, these two girls are wounded by the immense weight of our cultures requirements for beauty. Requirements that can potentially be explained by science, but neither the way in which our society allows itself to be controlled by such mundane fancies nor the effect on the people it oppresses is by any means justified.... [tags: Beauty]
1049 words (3 pages)
- Beauty pageant have been a controversy for many years, so is the crown really worth it all the spray tan the flippers also known as fake teeth. Well believe it or not it is worth it. Beauty pageants are great for self-confidence and are tons of fun. According to ABC “It 's estimated that 250,000 children compete in more than 5,000 pageants in the United States each year.” I have competed in two pageants over the past year and I plan to compete in more. Nothing feels better than having that crown placed upon your head and getting to go up on stage in your dress.... [tags: Beauty contest, Miss Universe]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- Beauty pageants seem to serve no apparent purpose for societal reasons. They denigrate the image of females as far as gender equality goes. There is many different ranges of beauty pageants all over the world. Females can be as small as 2 months. Many girls dream to become Miss U.S.A or Miss World. It seems to give the idea that you have to be beautiful and be up to the judges expectations of how a beauty queen should act and looks like. They have a negative effect on the people in today’s society especially the younger female population.... [tags: Beauty ]
1038 words (3 pages)
- Introduction Toxic substances and toxic wastes are a huge problem in the environment these days. Toxic substances are very harmful to the environment and can lead to many different problems. It can cause water pollution and contaminated water can harm the aquatic organisms . Toxic pesticides can run off the surface and enter the ocean and radioactive toxic wastes can contaminate soil. Toxic substances not only affect the environment but also affect human health by accumulating in the body. But there one superhero who fights with these toxic wastes to keep our environment clean.... [tags: PCB, pollution, toxic substances]
1968 words (5.6 pages)
- What is Beauty. Is it the figure of the woman we see. Why do we think that someone is only beautiful if they have make-up and other false beauty enhancers to make themselves feel more impeccable to others. Dove the company behind all the natural shampoos and gels want to know what people of today think real impeccable beauty is. The Dove self-esteem fun, Beauty, Real Girls, Real Pressure: A national report (June 2008) describes how many girls think they aren't good enough or cute enough that guys won't like them.... [tags: Beauty Essays]
739 words (2.1 pages)
- Personal Narrative- The Story Behind a Scar A spark of flint, then a burst of flame and the Bic lighter was alive, glowing like a serpent’s eye. It had finally come to this. Things were going so well too: I had money, dreams, a whole future figured out. Now I was a drunken liar, facing criminal charges and jail time; sadly I was only nineteen. Hungover with a broken knuckle and no memory of how it happened, to top it all off my butterfly knife, a deadly weapon made for surgically precise combat, was missing.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
1370 words (3.9 pages)