A computer is not a very smart thing on its own. This is because a computer cannot do much besides calculate math figures and such by itself. That is where computer programming comes in. Computer programming allows you to make the computer “smarter.” It does this by telling the computer what to do. Without computer programming computers would be almost completely useless.
To tell the computer what to do programming gives it commands. Creating these commands requires creating variables and assigning them values. Computer programming programs are where you do this programming. These programs use different programming languages. Programming languages are a bridge between how we think and how a computer works. It translates the code you put into machine language (the language of a computer). Lastly programming languages make it easier to learn and understand the instructions you give the computer. You wouldn’t want to talk to the computer in its language and that is unnecessary.
The programs where you create this code are called compilers. These things act as the converters between the programming you write and the machine language the computer reads. This means that they convert the programming language code into machine language. This allows you to tell the computer what to do without having to know what the computer is doing and/or how it does it.
Now that discussion about these compilers and the facts about computer programming languages and how they function has been finished discuss a specific programming language. Visual Basic is a specific programming language that is used to make the code using variables and assigning those variables values as I mentioned earlier. In this langua...
... middle of paper ...
...e comparisons. These are called comparison operators. They usually return a Boolean value. Also you have Procedures which are blocks of code that tell the program what to do. These are useful for making a program go farther than variables alone can take it.
There are many parts to programming. Procedures consist of single lines of code and help make a program function beyond a single variable. Modules will take Procedures further. Variables store values which are used to run the program. They are the most basic part of any program and there are many different kinds of variables. Programming makes it easier to give computers commands and to learn how to create these commands. It is an important part of the computer world. Otherwise computers would not be able to do much because they aren’t very smart by themselves.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing”. This quote by Albert Einstein best describes my life. The inquisitive nature that I posses has helped me to improve my knowledge. A person, who is curious enough to dig deep, is always the one who achieves success. I would describe myself as a person who asks these intelligible questions in order to surpass an older me. During my teenage in high school, I was praised as a person who is highly skilled in writing programs in computer languages.... [tags: questioning, curiosity, programming]
691 words (2 pages)
- Statement of Purpose In the pristine place of Goa where parties and fun is at its peak, I was present there for the coding competition of Google. Though standing runner-up I learnt the vital phase of fun with work, in this Endeavour. This competition paved the way for me to pursue Master in Computer Science, which would help me to be a Google employee. Being in the kernel of technological and computing revolution, the field of Artificial Intelligence tends to change the human-computer interaction.... [tags: Computer science, Computer]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- I. Introduction The topic that I have chosen and researching about is an in-depth look into the history of computer programming languages. I chose this topic as a pathway for me to learn about them, and how they are applied to assist the real world. This topic relates to my life interest to become a computer programmer, to help others in the creation of new technology. Without them, what would power or provide the special features for our electronics. They were all designed with a special purpose, which would allow a developer’s imagination to take over and design his or her own architectural program.... [tags: Techniques, Investigation, Analysis, Computers]
1280 words (3.7 pages)
- I want to be a professional programmer. Although my major study was mainly focused on engineering and mathematics, I had developed a solid interdisciplinary background in the college. When I was solving a problem, I always tried to come up my solutions from different angles. Through coursework, club activity and research, I began realizing the significance of computer science. My broad interests gradually concentrated on algorithm design and robotics. I believe I can achieve the master degree and acquire professional programming skill by my intelligence and diligence.... [tags: Mathematics, Robotics]
531 words (1.5 pages)
- Table of Content No Topic Page 1. Differentiate between database management system and information retrieval system by focusing on their functionalities. 2. Highlight the differences between data and information. 3. Make appropriate use of diagrams to illustrate the underlying concepts/components of database management system and information retrieval system. 4. Differentiate between structured and non-structured data. Give examples for each. 5. Reference Question 1 Database Management System (DBMS) is a program that use by one or more computer users for create and access data to in a database or a set of software tools that control access, organize, store up... [tags: technology, DBMS, programming]
2613 words (7.5 pages)
- Four years of my undergraduate study have exposed me to a plethora of sub disciplines in Computer Science because of which my knowledge is not limited to any particular topic. However, a graduate study in Computer Science will help me increase my knowledge in areas which are of particular interest to me. My primary interests lie in the fields of Data Mining and Machine Learning. I believe pursuing a graduate program at XYZ University will be the ideal step towards fulfilling my career aspirations.... [tags: AIESEC, Data Mining, machine learning]
893 words (2.6 pages)
- Computers are electrical devices used to store and process data which is usually embedded in binary code. According to Businessdictionary Computer Science is the “study of computing, programming, and computation in correspondence with computer systems” (1). Moreover Computer Science is basically taking the Computer and practically exploring the ins and outs of how a computer functions using both its hardware and software . With the title Computer Science comes an array of positions or job titles that are all essential to simplify everyday tasks and eliminate tedious repetitive task.... [tags: Computer, Programming language]
787 words (2.2 pages)
- A lot of people especially young adults went to school to better themselves. Each student has chosen major of study to fulfill them dream career. In Cincinnati State, a lot of students took Information Technology major to pursue their career in rapidly growing computer world. One of the advantages of being a computer programming is that they can work home-based or an office-based. Some people might ask if they have the same qualifications and work output. They do have the same qualifications. Home-based and office-based programmer have the same work results, it just a matter of how they write the program.... [tags: Computer, Programmer, Computer programming]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- The main objective of Software Engineering as a discipline  is the production of error-free, reliable software that meets user’s requirements effectively and that it is delivered on time and within budget. To support this objective introduces the idea of Software Process Improvement, which is a combination of appropriate software engineering techniques and principles geared towards improving software production. In order for these techniques to be engaged, they first have to be taught. This paper shall discuss the reason why SPI should be taught at undergraduate level and also look at the way it should be taught in an attempt to get the full potential of the SPI into the minds of undergr... [tags: Software Programming]
1784 words (5.1 pages)
- Specific Job Related Impressive technical skills around computers and programing. A programmer needs to have a wide range of technical skills, the more skill the programmer has the better and quicker the job will get done so if the programmer has an intensive time spent programming in a single language and is starting to branch out this is a good sign as the programmer is opening up to newer languages that are easier to code in. the reason that this is so highly desired is because they will be writing testing and maintaining the work so the programmer will have to know what to do if something goes wrong.... [tags: Problem solving, Employment, Computer programming]
861 words (2.5 pages)