Essay PreviewMore ↓
Reaktor is a powerful modular synthesizer by Native Instruments. A "modular" synthesizer allows users to design their own instruments by connecting individual "modules" that emulate the basic mechanisms of audio synthesis, such as oscillators and LFOs. The different elements can be interconnected with virtual "cables" in any way the user desires, making Reaktor highly customizable. Reaktor is widely used by professionals in both music production and sound design and can be heard in everything from popular to avant-garde music.
Omnisphere by Spectrasonics is primarily a sample-based synthesizer. This means that it uses recorded samples as a starting point for sound generation, morphing, filtering or modulating them according to the user's specifications. In particular, Omnisphere is used professionally to create unique pads and other atmospheric sound material. In this capacity it is regarded by some professionals as unsurpassed. Of all the synthesizers listed here, Omnisphere is the most resource-intensive, requiring powerful computer hardware to operate.
Sylenth1 by LennarDigital is known among professionals for its sample-accurate emulations of traditional analog synthesizers. "Sample-accurate" means that, under close analysis, the sounds Sylenth1 produces are indistinguishable from those of the hardware it emulates. Sylenth1 is a subtractive synthesizer. It produces sound by subtracting specified frequencies or harmonics from its oscillator output and remixing them in any combination the user desires.
Massive is a hybrid synth by Native Instruments. "Hybrid" means that it combines two or more synthesis types -- in this case, granular, additive and subtractive elements -- to produce sound. Known in particular for its lead-voice and bass capabilities, Massive is most often associated with trance and similar subgenres of electronic music. It is also known as one of the more approachable software synthesizers for amateurs.
Like Omnisphere, Alchemy by Camel Audio is a hybrid sample-based software synthesizer.
How to Cite this Page
"Top Five Synths." 123HelpMe.com. 28 Jan 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Singapore, Hong Kong, South Korea, Taiwan and Japan. These are the top five education systems in the world according to BBC news (Coughlan 2). If I skip down twenty more spots I would finally find our great nation ranking 25th in education. Many people ask, How is our nation’s education system so poor. Why are Asian countries beating us. This is a simple answer: we have adopted the Common Core. There is also a simple solution to getting our education system ranked number one again: get rid of Common Core.... [tags: Education, Education in the United States]
1556 words (4.4 pages)
- Every person who has gets behind the wheel of a motor vehicle will be involved in some sort of automobile collision at some point in his or her lifetime. Traffic accidents account for over twenty thousand deaths each year and more than ten times as many injuries. There are a number of factors that contribute to these types of collisions, however, new and evolving laws can account for a large portion of successful preventable measures. In order for laws to be changed or added for the purpose of safer roads and highways, lawmakers have to first look at what factors contribute to such unsafe conditions.... [tags: Tram accident, Traffic collision, Automobile]
876 words (2.5 pages)
- 19. In May 2012, a private company called Top Five Ltd. was incorporated under the provisions of the Solindian company law in Falipur, Solindia. The company was engaged in the e-commerce business. In 2015, the company received investment of an undisclosed amount through subscription of 15 percent of the share capital through foreign direct investment by Raj Capital, an entity based in the country of Dadivansh in Southeast Asia. Apart from Raj Capital’s 15 percent equity, the rest of the share capital was owned by the promoters, Mr.... [tags: Dispute resolution, Mediation, Arbitration]
1062 words (3 pages)
- Harvey Mudd College: $67,155. Columbia University: $65,860. Sarah Lawrence College: $65,730. New York University: $65,330. University of Chicago: $64,965 (CNN Money). These are the top five most expensive colleges in America, and the figures above include tuition and room and board. What allows these higher education institutions to charge such astronomical rates. Just like any other good or service, college is affected by the economy and economic growth (Why Does College Cost So Much?). To understand what that means one must first understand where the money is going, and then how supply and demand, as well as inflation affect the price.... [tags: Economics, Inflation, Higher education]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- As I reflected upon this capstone experience, I quickly realized that I learned so much – more than I ever thought possible in this short amount of time. Here are the top five things I learned: 1. Develop Relationships – Throughout my classes here at Concordia, I have been taught that relationships are the key to creating successful classrooms. Many problems can be avoided and lessened by getting to know your students and showing them that you truly do care about them right from the beginning. This was demonstrated to me once again in my capstone experience.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Confidence interval]
727 words (2.1 pages)
- When it comes to a portable computer, the last thing you want is a junk heap that can't do what you need it to do. The latest portable computers shown here will help you to stay on the cutting edge of technology. Then you will be able to keep that ever-important competitive edge that makes you the best at what you do. To show you the best portable computers currently on the market we'll look at the top five portable computers. We'll look at each one and the features that they come with and then discuss approximate cost.... [tags: Core Processor, Memory, Graphics]
684 words (2 pages)
- Top Five Executive Initiatives (T5EI) The modern executive leader has to make choices as a critical component of his or her leadership. What, as a leaders, should one value. Standards, values, morals, customs, and cultures all weigh heavily in the mind of the modern leader. The frame of the workplace must be considered. What are the policies, procedures, and organizational model of the company driving it along its course. Consider the following Top Five Executive Initiatives below as the foundation to moral, just, and ethical leadership.... [tags: Standard of Conduct, Principles]
968 words (2.8 pages)
- Restaurant Scene in Top Girls The restaurant scene in Top Girls (TG) revolves around Marlene celebrating her promotion at work, it is purely female gendered, having no male actors present throughout the whole play. The significance of the five guests she has chosen to celebrate with promotes the hard work and sacrifices she has made in order to get where she is. This scene uses women of the past, to highlight struggles of women through the ages, encompassing the theme of women’s experiences and women at work, with motherhood being an important factor for most of them.... [tags: Top Girls Play Theater]
1616 words (4.6 pages)
- My top five gifts, talents, and abilities are: Leading, Coaching, Selling, Athletics, and Executing. Some of these I did not expect, selling and executing are not two things that I would have guessed to be my top talents. However, These two talents are things that I strive in. From a young age, I have been a salesman. From selling sandwiches at lunchtime in middle school, to selling water bottles at the outdoor basketball court in high school, I have always found a way to make money by selling things.... [tags: Leadership, Basketball, College basketball]
1634 words (4.7 pages)
- There are five top leading law firms in the United Kingdom. I will explain how they made it to the top and how many companies they have planted all over the world. Also how they got started and who their company was founded by. The first company I’m going to talk about is Allen and Ovary. They were founded on January 1, 1903; the company was founded by George Allen and Thomas Ovary. They were mutual partners and decided that they needed to branch out their ideas and that’s how Allen and Ovary law firm was introduced.... [tags: companies, found, started]
874 words (2.5 pages)
MusicRadar.com: Lennardigital Sylenth1 Review
MusicRadar.com: Native Instruments Massive Review
MusicRadar.com: Camel Audio Alchemy Review
MusicRadar.com: Spectrasonics Omnisphere Review
MusicRadar.com: Native Instruments Reaktor 5.5 Review