Since 2005, the electronic music festival Tomorrowland has become one of the largest in Europe and worldwide. The Tomorrowland festival holds over three days on 27, 28 and 29 at the end of July. It takes place every year as the recreational area at De Schorre Boom, near Antwerp in Belgium.
Tomorrowland takes place each year in a park with restaurants, cocktail bars, open bar and a nice lake crossed by wooden bridges and swans paddle shaped spaces. 15 scenes spread over the vast hilly terrain or stands Tomorrowland main stage has a natural arena for more than 30 000 places and its front is nearly 100m long and 35m high. Other scenes are installed in an underground tunnel, on a terrace on the water and in the capitals of colors. Every night from 23 hours, fireworks are fired simultaneously for several scenes and make repeat the general euphoria.
The first festival of Tomorrowland was held the 14 August 2005. Some great names of electronic music have participated such as David Guetta, Armin Van Buuren, Push Mike, Cor Fijneman, Yves Deruyter, Technoboy, and Coone. The visitors were 10,000. The firth edition of Tomorowland was the first big one with 100,000 visitors. Famous performers were present like Chuckie, the Sweedish House Mafia, Dada Life, Robert Sanchez and again David Guetta. David Guetta and the Sweedish House Mafia broke chart records and were responsible for a mass frenzy during two days. The 2011 edition of Tomorrowland marked the festival's development to three days. Just a few times after the official sale of tickets started, Tomorrowland was entirely sold out and had over 180,000 visitors. Nervo, David Guetta, Avicii, the Swedish House Mafia, Tiësto, Carl Cox, and Brodinski was perfo...
... middle of paper ...
...e, espresso machine and private lounge terrace. The price for this can be quite expensive. This Easy Tent option provides one tent per ticket, with each tent holding 2 to 5 people. The tent is set up for you. You are allowed to take the tent home with you at the end of the event.
Tomorrowland has received universal praise for its choice of festival cuisine. Food ranges from hot dogs and pizza to oyster and Belgian chips (French fries) with a wide choice for vegetarians and vegans. Those eating and drinking in the VIP area are also eligible for free massages. The festival operates on a coupon system, in 2012 prices were 10€ for 7 coupons, 2 coupons to Drink Beers and 1,5 coupon for a Soda. People can also buy the Booze bag which is composed by 35 coupons and costs 50€. People are allowed to take their own provisions into the site, but bottles in glass are forbidden.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- TomorrowLand is a festival that’s held in Belgium annually. To put in perspective its popularity, it sells its capacity of tickets, 180,000, in less than an hour. Tomorrowland is arguably the most popular festival in the world. I’m going to discuss Tomorrowland’s transition to America and its effect on the American culture and musical trends. Tomorrowland debuted in Boom, Belgium, August 14th, 2005. The festival was founded by Manu and Michiel Beers, featuring up and coming electronic or EDM artists.... [tags: the most popular music festival in the world]
1867 words (5.3 pages)
- Electronic Dance Music, also known as EDM, has increased in popularity over the past few years. The spike in popularity has helped create a bigger industry for EDM event planners. For example, the founder and CEO of Insomniac (a popular EDM event planning company), Pasquale Rotella is worth ten million dollars alone. In the 2014 Electric Daisy Carnival trailer, Rotella said, “Finally, I’ve felt like we’re getting somewhere,” in regards to the popularity and impact of these festivals. Because thousands upon thousands of people attend these festivals and the fact that industry has grown immensely over the past few years, this musicking experience is very significant.... [tags: popular music activities]
1433 words (4.1 pages)
- The event itself was a musical performance, showcasing the talents of Ondatrópica, a band originating from Columbia performing at the Festival International Nuits D’Afrique. An experience I will not soon forget, it was an impressive display of skilled musicianship and cultural pride, which could be described as a “Columbian block party” indoors. The music, filled with uplifting, jubilant Latin American sounds and rhythms, provided attendees with a spectacular concert experience. As such, the Ondatrópica concert is an example of how “festival” (MacAloon 246) can bring together individuals for a time of celebration, joy and social connection, while also providing a sense of “re-enchantment” (P... [tags: Performance, Music, Festival, Audience]
1357 words (3.9 pages)
- I used to hate electronic music. I used to complain whenever it came on a stereo near me and I made a point of remembering jokes that mocked the musical genre. I used to think electronic music was just random beeps and bops put together by an untrained teenager, until I did a little more investigating. My junior year of high school, my friends began to obsess over the latest greatest songs coming from electronic music producers and I began to feel increasingly alienated by my negative attitude towards this musical style.... [tags: Voting, Democracy, Electronic music, Music genre]
844 words (2.4 pages)
- The fear of not living up to the expectations of the people who believed in me was heavy on my shoulders as I walked into the tiny room with two stern-looking judges who only focused on the paper in front of them. I was confident for a moment, but it was only a pretension. In the beginning of my sophomore year, I decided to join the All-State Music Festival, a music program where anyone can audition to play at a festival in Anchorage, Alaska. Although the result was not what I expected, the experience has influenced me to become the person I am today.... [tags: High school, Music, The Band, The Stand]
814 words (2.3 pages)
- 5. Analyses 5.1Market Segmentation Caroline and Jennifer said that ‘Market segmentation is a crucial marketing strategy. Its aim is to identify and delineate market segments or set of buyers which would then become targets for the company’s marketing plans.’ (Tynan and Drayton, 1987) There are many ways to segment the market, such as age, region, environment, psychology and wages (Hall, Jones and Raffo, 2010). Because it is a music event which includes camping, so the attendees must be able to be free for less than three days.... [tags: Market Segmentation, Marketing, Music]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- If someone were to ask people ever wanted to see almost every artist from any genre of music in one place. Of course, anyone would say yes, because most people haven't been to an event like the huge one that happens in California each year. This is an event many people save up all year to attend just maybe once in their life time. The Coachella Music and Arts Festival, it is one of the most talked about festivals that this generation knows about. It is like a whole new world for most people each time they attend.... [tags: protest, ticketmaster, all genres]
1893 words (5.4 pages)
- National Cherry Blossom Festival The festival I have picked to do is the National Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington, D.C. I thought this festival was interesting because it is not just an average festival with delicious food, live music and countless family and friend activities, but a festival to celebrate and honor a friendship between two countries. I think that this is a festival everyone should go and see at least once in their life. The atmosphere of the people there and the color of the blossoms is just breathtaking, it is not something you can just look at from a photo, for a photo cannot capture the true beauty of it.... [tags: Festival, Washington DC, Festival Paper]
913 words (2.6 pages)
- Woodstock In 1970 a two-hundred and thirty minute documentary was released entitled "Woodstock." This documentary has set the standard for other documentaries to come. This documentary covers a three day festival that was held in August of 1969. The festival symbolized the ideas of the late 1960’s in terms of music, politics, and society in general. The documentary depicted the event as a major love and drug fest. Woodstock was a historic event that was the idea of four men by the names of Michael Lang, John Roberts, Joel Roseman, and Artie Kornfeld.... [tags: Music]
1914 words (5.5 pages)
- Electronica Electronica is a term coined to describe a relatively new genre of music. This type of music generally revolves around maniplating music in a digital and analog sense. Over time, as technology has improved, the growth of computers and other electronic musical instruments, such as synthesizers, and drum machines has greatly increased the capabilities of electronica. The very first instances of "electronica" were created by the ancient Greeks, who with their intrinsic ingenuity created machines for this very purpose.... [tags: Music Musical History Essays]
1087 words (3.1 pages)