For this, today is a day to give thanks. Today, we recognize the people—friends, family, and teachers alike—who have worked so hard and made so many sacrifices so that we could enjoy a day like today. Today, we recognized the people who touches us, who inspired us, who paved the way for us to continue onward, their legacy becoming our legacy. Remember their names.
Today is a day to remember. Today is a day for us to pause and truly live in the moment, so when we are asked about today, we will always be able to describe what it was like. Today is a day to realize that while we we have come so far, our journey is not over. Remember that today is still a long way away for some. Remember that as long as there are those who doubt, those who cannot see themselves in our place, we cannot stop. We can be an example. Our legacy in moving forward shows them that they can carry on.
Today is a day for reflect. The idea of leaving a legacy has been etched into the...
... middle of paper ...
...ave their kids attend our school.
We did that. We got those reactions. We made those parents proud of our school even before their children could step through our doors. This is what being remembered is all about. This is what a legacy is all about. It is about making those kind of impressions. It is about touching the lives of others and inspiring them. It is about moving forward and what we are leaving behind—our history—but it is also something we take with us, allowing it to grow and build upon other legacies, and today, we start our fun and safe journey where we take are of ourselves and take care of others. Today, we will use the lessons we have learned our teachers have passed down to us from both inside and out of the classroom. Today, we understand our legacy.
Today is a good day. No—today is a great day. No—today is a day where I look forward to tomorrow.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Methods that were used by Prophet Muhammad, صلى الله عليه وآله وسلمare still being used today by good teachers. The Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله وسلمwas sent to teach mankind therefore he was the best teacher leaving us with the best ways to teach our children. He صلى الله عليه وآله وسلمused questioning when he wanted to make his companions think. Repetition was also something the Prophet صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم did, whether he was teaching a sahaba something or trying to stress importance on his words by repeating them.... [tags: Muhammad, Qur'an, Prophets of Islam, Teacher]
919 words (2.6 pages)
- The Good and Bad of Shopping in Today’s World Have you ever wondered why we shop the way we do. Since the invention of online shopping, thousands have opted to shop at online retailers, while many still choose the traditional route, the brick and mortar store. What is it that drives us to the internet sites or brick and mortar retailers. Is it the sales, the store hour availability, or the need of social interaction. Although both methods of shopping have striking similarities, they also have significant differences that appeal to and attract consumers.... [tags: appealing to consumers, consumerism]
955 words (2.7 pages)
- Ms. Jane Doe was lying in her bed when I walked into her room this morning. I asked her, how are you doing today. Ms. Jane Doe stated, “ I feel good today but yesterday I felt terrible.” Ms. Jane Doe was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 10 years ago, after she had her last child. During her pregnancy, she had gestational diabetes and was able to manage this but after having her child, she did not continue to manage her diet. Ms. Jane Doe is a Hispanic, 58-year-old woman, who appears well groomed and well nourished.... [tags: Blood sugar, Diabetes mellitus, Diabetes, Sugar]
1598 words (4.6 pages)
- Hi everyone, I hope everyone is having a good day today. I am Yanet Renteria and I will be answering these questions that will tell you a little about the kind of person I am. How do you express yourself. 1) How you present yourself to the rest of the world. I present myself differently depending in the environment that surrounds me. In school and at work , I am reserved and I keep my opinion to myself. I have ideas and thoughts that go through my mind but unfortunately stay in my mind. I guess it is the fear of judgement that causes me to remain in a place where I feel most comfortable.... [tags: Emotion, Writing, Thought, Human]
901 words (2.6 pages)
- The Position of the Woman Today Over the years, many things have changed. The cultural things that people used to practice in the 1900s at the moment can only be heard about and not be seen nowadays due to the complete changes in culture that have been experienced these days. At the moment, the situations facing us are full of many men and women who have no clue what their cultures were in the past and until today as well. Talking about the changes, the old age woman, also known as the true women, was a very different one from the ones we see nowadays.... [tags: Culture, Sociology, The Culture, Good and evil]
1133 words (3.2 pages)
- 8 Miles today…... I am too transparent to paint a pretty picture of this morning 's run, and to sincere for false humility. The truth is, I SERIOUSLY contemplated not going today. My heart, mind, and body are EXHAUSTED, possibly dehydrated, and a little beat up leaving me weak and doubting my capacity to complete this 8-mile undertaking with strength and endurance. I could also list a multitude of complaints consistently emanating from the depths of my muscles and bones, but what gain is there in that.... [tags: God, Religion, Money, Good and evil]
1050 words (3 pages)
- The book of Psalms is one of the most useful books all throughout the Biblical text. It is not just a book of stories or law but personal praises, laments, and the deepest cries of the soul to the one true King: Yahweh. The Psalter is “the most reliable theological, pastoral, and liturgical resource given us in the biblical tradition” (pp. 1). These psalms pave a path for practical faith in the world today. Author, theologian, and teacher, Walter Brueggemann, goes into depth on the psalms of orientation, disorientation, and new orientation to discuss that through the unexpected high and low seasons of life one can turn to the Psalms for authentic conversation with God.... [tags: God, Good and evil, Liturgy of the Hours]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- Good v. Evil In today’s world, there are many different opinions and perceptions of what is good and what is evil. The way people think can be different from their neighbor, their parents, their kids, their spouse, etc. The way each individual lives their life is different from the next, their morals, their opinions, and what their opinions are on what is good or evil. This being said, good vs. evil is strictly based off of one’s perspective, according to their religion, political views , and cultural background.... [tags: Religion, God, Good and evil]
722 words (2.1 pages)
- A Family in Turmoil in Today Will Be A Quiet Day In Amy Hempel’s story, "Today Will Be A Quiet Day," a father takes the day off to spend time with his two children at a place called "Petaluma." The title suggests that this day was one of calmness and relaxation, but in reality the title should be " A Family in Turmoil." Throughout the trip, the children argue, complain, and bicker which seems to suggest that the day is rather depressing and quite humbling for the father (Baker 170). The father’s good intentions for quality family time failed.... [tags: Today Will Be a Quiet Day Essays]
861 words (2.5 pages)
- Peace and Calm in Today Will Be A Quiet Day It seems that everyone thinks that all disaster has struck in Amy Hempel’s "Today Will Be A Quiet Day." I disagree. I think that everything might seem to be going bad, but when the day is over the children’s father realizes that everything is absolutely fine. The situations in the beginning of the story lead you to believe that the story will be depressing. But throughout the story I pick up little hints that this day was exactly what everybody needed: to get away from everything.... [tags: Today Will Be a Quiet Day Essays]
974 words (2.8 pages)