Due to the nature of alcoholic drinks, the rules and regulations for alcohol are different across the states. Alcoholic beverages are unique and can have negative consequences if consumed illegally by underage teens or abused by adults. If a person use alcohol in an average amount occasionally then it will be fun and not danger. NBB promoted beer culture and the responsible enjoyment of beer. All the breweries that sell beer commercially are subject to licensing and permit approvals by a number of governmental authorities at the Federal, state and local level. The distributors work with a "chain-of-custody" method in the sale of beer. This system makes it very easy to enforce state laws and local ordinances. The same system also regulates the sales to the retailers ensuring that they hold the correct licenses, do not sell to the underage, pay the required state and local taxes and comply with the state and local alcohol beverage laws. The environmental regulations are different at a federal and state level. There are special environmental permits required by the federal and state authorities. These requirements consider permissions for air emissions, water discharges from the brewery, and handling and proper disposal of hazardous waste materials.
People choose a particular brand because they feel a sense of attachment with the brand. Most of the brands try to create an aura around them which makes them attractive to targeted customers and New Belgium is one of them who become nationally recognized as a “paradigm of environmental efficiencies”. NBB adopted a triple-bottom line (TBL) approach to business which incorporates economic, social, and environmental factors. To evaluate company’s succes...
... middle of paper ...
...nimal damage to the natural environment and “Tour de Fat” and supports environmental, social, and cycling non-profit organisations. NBB received numerous awards like:
¬ Business ethics award for its dedication to environmental excellence in every part of its brewing process.
¬ Best mid- sized brewing company of the year.
¬ Best mid-sized brew master at the Great American Beer Festival.
¬ Three medals for three different brews.
¬ The Environmental Protection Agency’s regional Environmental achievement award.
Despite of being a Brewery, NBB’s contribution towards environment and society is praiseworthy. They have created a very positive and socially responsible image in the beer consuming public by re-examine its ethical, social and Environmental responsibilities. In my opinion, New Belgium’s actions and initiatives are indicative of a socially responsible corporation.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Smoking became a staple of Southern United States culture when it's environment proved perfect for growing and harvesting tobacco. With Kentucky and North Carolina “accounting for 71% of tobacco grown in the United States,” it is easy to see how the smoking culture is so deeply embedded and loved by southerners (“Economies”). Since the birth of this relationship in the late eighteenth century, a plethora of research has shown many negative side effects of smoking tobacco, such as: cancer, increased risk for respiratory disease and cardiovascular disease, and tooth decay (“Economies”).... [tags: smoke free, laws, regulations]
1365 words (3.9 pages)
- On Monday August 8, I began my day by checking in on hold open cases. I went through a file of hold opens and picked out those that have ended and emailed the police department to find out if the defendants have picked up any new violations or field warnings. After this, I met with Liz to discuss a writing assignment that she and Kathleen have complied for me to work on for the rest of my internship. For the assignment, I will pretend to be a legal associate and compile a memorandum in response to the following question: What authority does the City have to regulate the placement of utility poles by private companies in municipal right-of-way given the state law changes.... [tags: Police, Constable, Law, Police officer]
1134 words (3.2 pages)
- City Ordinances and State Laws In the spirit of civic duty, I thought I'd inform you, the responsible citizen of Mount Vernon, of some of the important laws that we live by. Combining my copious amounts of free time with my love of the mundane, I dug through our city's ordinance code as well as state law to unearth some rules we all need to know about. First off, let it be known that many of these crimes come with penalties. State laws can carry heavy prison time while city ordinances come with fines up to $500.... [tags: Expository Essays]
549 words (1.6 pages)
- The use of tobacco has been linked to many diseases. On every cigarette pack sold in the United States, there is a warning which indicates the potential for adverse heath effects from smoking cigarettes. Among these effects are low birth weights for pregnant women, emphysema, and cancer. This is evidenced by numerous studies. The smoking population in India are not immune. In order to curb the public costs of caring for individuals who have been affected by smoking, legislators in India decided to craft a bill which prohibited tobacco companies from advertising and the sponsorship of athletic and cultural events.... [tags: Tobacco advertising, Tobacco, Tobacco industry]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- To be eligible to undertake risk-filled activities such as firearm handling and driving it takes many hours of testing along with practical assessments to be deemed confident to undertake these tasks. Risk-filled tasks such as these are regulated heavily to avoid serious injury or loss of life, why then, is tobacco, a substance that can have a harmful effect on your health remain unregulated to its users. The cigarette, a tobacco product, is an exceptionally dangerous item (Chapman, 2012). It comes as no surprise that a global debate on its regulation and use has emerged (Chapman, 2012; Magnusson & Currow, 2013).... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Tobacco smoking]
1142 words (3.3 pages)
- Using of Tobacco Did anyone have a habit of chewing or smoke tobacco. Tobacco was make from one kind of plant’s leaves, but it is dangerous to health. Uses of tobacco was still in all over the world, but many countries passed laws to try to reduce tobacco use (Smoking). “In the United States, a variety of federal, state, and local laws restrict the sale, use, and advertising of tobacco products, however, government organizations and individuals who have been harmed by cigarette smoke have also used the courts to attack the tobacco industry” (Smoking).... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Tobacco smoking, Smoking]
1229 words (3.5 pages)
- The use of Tobacco Does anyone have habit of chewing or smoke tobacco. Tobacco was made from one kind of plant leaves, but it is dangerous to health. Uses of tobacco were still in all over the world, but many countries passed laws to try to reduce tobacco use (Smoking). “In the United States, a variety of federal, state, and local laws restrict the sale, use, and advertising of tobacco products, however, government organizations and individuals who have been harmed by cigarette smoke have also used the courts to attack the tobacco industry” (Smoking).... [tags: Tobacco, Nicotine, Tobacco smoking, Smoking]
1249 words (3.6 pages)
- What strategies are adopted by the alcohol and tobacco industries to challenge proposed health initiatives Discuss their effectiveness According to The World Health Organization (WHO) an estimated 6 million people die annually due tobacco-related illnesses and at this rate it is projected that by 2030, tobacco will be responsible for more than 8 million deaths each year worldwide(Report on the Global Tobacco Epidemic, 2011: Warning about the dangers of tobacco. WHO, 2011). It is estimated that there are about 1 billion smokers world-wide.... [tags: Tobacco, Cigarette, Nicotine]
1686 words (4.8 pages)
- The Northwest Ordinance’s local “house of representatives” would be duplicated down to the last detail in the Constitution of September 17, 1787, as the elected “Members” of “the House of Representatives.” Practically all a politician had to do was to declare himself a candidate to be a Member of the House of Representatives, claim to be a “Citizen of the United States and to remain an inhabitant of the State that chose him. What candidates for the House of Representatives couldn’t do was actually represent the free inhabitants of the several States which were States of the perpetual Union.... [tags: United States, Articles of Confederation]
1704 words (4.9 pages)
- Tobacco can be consumed through smokeless tobacco products, smoked tobacco products, and electronic smoking devices (National Cancer Institute [NCI], 2010). Each form of tobacco contains nicotine, which is a highly toxic chemical responsible for the drug’s addictive properties (NCI, 2010). The likelihood of developing an addiction to tobacco increases with the availability of tobacco products (NCI, 2010). As a result, tobacco is one of the most widely abused substances in the United States (National Institute on Drug Abuse [NIDA], 2012).... [tags: Nicotine, Tobacco, Smoking cessation]
1621 words (4.6 pages)