10 tips on how to use Instagram as a starting platform for your business
Here you will learn how to establish and grow your brand on Instagram. Some businesses have been using Instagram for years without success because they were unfocused, focused on the wrong thing, or were alienating their core consumer. Here are ten tips to help small businesses, entrepreneurs and new starters make a positive splash on Instagram.
1 - Aim for a female demographic without leaning too far into gender stereotypes
Instagram is mostly populated by female users, which explains why the most viral pictures are typically female friendly. For example, the image with the most likes is by KendallJenner, with over 3.6 million likes, and it is of her wedding day hairstyle. Of the top Instagram profiles, the only one that is remotely male friendly is cristiano, and you may be unsurprised to learn that this soccer player is gorgeous and frequently posts shirtless pictures of himself.
2 - Tell a story with your image caption
Trial and error testing will teach you many things--such as how Instagram is an unpredictable social media platform. You are able to post around 2200 characters for your caption, but Instagram cuts off your text and only shows anywhere between the first 107 characters and the first 157 characters.
INSERT IMAGE - https://www.agorapulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/instagram-caption-length.jpg
Obviously, this means you must make your point within the first 100 characters. A picture does say a 1000 words, but a caption will help draw people in, and may turn a passing glance into an interaction. Again, trial and error testing will help you determine what sort of caption will draw in your target audience.
3 - Your brand...
... middle of paper ...
...r when adding images.
Vertical Image: 1080px in width by 1350px in height
Square Image: 1080px in width by 1080px in height
Horizontal Image: 1080px in width by 566px in height
10 - Are you able to reward your Instagram followers?
American Express cannot sell their products based on visual images, at least not in the traditional sense, so they post on a number of different business and credit related issues. They also reward their followers with backstage entries to big events. You should also reward your customers exclusively. Give them discount codes that they cannot find on your other social media profiles or websites. Offer them inside information on new products and upgrade options. Find a way to reward your followers, and not only will you retain your followers, but a byproduct is that it may give them an incentive to share your profile with other people.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The venture to be the owner of an accounting and tax service provider is not a small task, and you have realized the challenges that many experience in starting their own business. Fortunately, you have taken steps early within the life of your new business in an attempt to correct any problems and learn from past mistakes in order to be successful in the future. In our previous communications you mention that you started your own business because you wanted to work in your own community, have the flexibility of owning your own business, while also being able to make a good living, and these are all worthy motivators for a fledgling business owner.... [tags: Tips for Starting Your Own Company]
3528 words (10.1 pages)
- Human beings are continuously engaged in some activity or other to satisfy their unlimited wants. It is an economic activity, which is related with continuous and regular production, and distribution of goods and services for satisfying human wants. Starting a business is the dream of many individuals. In setting up a business takes imagination, research, analytical skills time and money without this resources, one cannot fully support his chosen things in mind before even pursuing a project like starting a business.... [tags: business failure, starting a business]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- Using social web is probably the most cost effective marketing tool available that allowed businesses to manage brand reputation, advertise, served customer, broadcast, and network (Fine, 2010). The social media has become a widespread phenomenon and global trend because of the popularity of Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook (Hinchcliffe & Kim, 2012). In the recent study conducted by LinkedIn, 94% of small businesses use social media as a marketing tool and 49% use it for research to grow business (Weiss, 2014).... [tags: Social Media Marketing]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- 1. Identify the advantages and disadvantages of taking your small business online by performing a SWOT analysis. Include 2-4 items in each category. What is a SWOT analysis. It is an evaluation of strengths and weaknesses of a business unit and identification of opportunities presented by the markets of business units and threats posed by competitors. Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats is what the letters of SWOT resemble (Schneider 2001 page 32).. Inside a business are where the strengths and weaknesses are found and what each business is capable of handling.... [tags: Business Analysis ]
1559 words (4.5 pages)
- First things first: Your plans will change over time, so you are not expected to write them in stone. You’ll be using a pencil, or better yet, use your Mac to write things down. There are various reasons to write or not to write a business plan. Businesses have succeeded and failed with or without a business plan. There is no guarantee. Business plans give a sanity check for you and your investors. When it comes to starting your own business you’ll need a roadmap, a business plan. You’ll need a business plan to define how you intend to make it happen or “get ’er done” for you and your family.... [tags: Business Management ]
1459 words (4.2 pages)
- For some people, being the boss, and which by boss I mean business owner, would be the greatest thing ever. Most think you get to pick your own hours, make the most money, and make everyone do the things you want done. Of course there is work involved and it takes work to make it but the rewards will be better owning a business that succeeds. The ultimate goal is becoming a millionaire and retiring at the age of forty and just drawing money from business production. However they really don’t understand the work it takes to make it a million dollar company.... [tags: Business ]
1317 words (3.8 pages)
- Hello Class, In today’s ever changing and adapting social media landscape, one thing is certain-businesses need a personal yet still organic platform to express themselves. Instagram is one social media tool in particular that is helping in the promotion and marketing of individual sports events, sports organizations and sports entities. Even though Instagram is a relatively young company, its reach and popularity is very massive. According to Jenn Herman’s Maximize Social Business (#MSB) article in just three years Instagram has established over 150 million users, which is a faster growth trajectory than Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.... [tags: modern day social media marketing campaings]
713 words (2 pages)
- How to Make Money Using Instagram. Every now and then, being always stuck to your phone can reward. Instagram marketing offers social media fans the chance to plot an extra work where they get paid for posting beautiful pictures and get free stuff. Instagram is a medium where brands used to promote their products and services by sharing photos or small videos. These marketing take the type of photos, videos, captions and hashtags, and remuneration rely on the brand, extent of the venture and influencer 's agreement power.... [tags: Marketing, Sales, Selling, Post]
714 words (2 pages)
- Starting a Clothing Line Business Apparel manufacturing is one of the most in-demand businesses today. Find out how to start and run a clothing business. The First Step Apparel manufacturing remains one of the most in-demand businesses today. According to the American Apparel and Footwear Association (http://www.americanapparel.org), apparel sales for 2000 reached $315 billion, representing a 90% growth from its 1990 levels. Starting a clothing business is just like any other business: you need to have the resources to jumpstart your vision, skills and know-how in managing the business, and marketing savvy to promote the business.... [tags: Business Entrepreneur]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- Feasibility Study of Starting a New Business Introduction This investigation will carry out a study to see if it would be feasible to open a new nightclub, 'Sinners' in Maidenhead town centre. Maidenhead is a small town in the southeast of England, located in the county Berkshire. The nearest major city is London, which is located twenty-five miles east of the town. The reason I have chose to investigate this type of business venture is because I take an interest in this type of business as I would like to look into it in the future, and also feel Maidenhead possesses the qualities, and provides a great opportunity to start up a business of this nature and for it to be successful.... [tags: GCSE Business Marketing Coursework]
10679 words (30.5 pages)