Whether you are already pregnant, or are still at that stage that you are contemplating pregnancy, now is a good time to think about your health and strength recovery program. Such a training program should take place not long after you give birth.
The Importance of a Postnatal Training Program
Living in Singapore has a lot of perks, specially for those who are about to become new moms. This is because Singapore is well-known globally for having an excellent hospital system, thoroughly modern and patient-friendly.
However, while maternal and neonatal care are amply provided for in this city-state’s hospital system, there are postnatal concerns that need to be addressed through a complementary service, one that has to do with personal training.
A postnatal training program is important because of the tremendous physiological changes that happen to a woman during pregnancy.
There are many medical concerns and issues that get attached to pregnancy, most of which are due to the additional weight that a pregnant woman puts on.
The weight gain is caused in general by the uterus that is becoming enlarged, the fetus that grows, the woman’s placenta, the pregnancy or baby water, the excess fat that a pregnant woman acquires (particularly in the abdominal section), and natural fluid retention.
While most of the things that contribute to the added weight that a pregnant woman carries are removed from her after delivery, the excess fat in the abdominal area, as well in other parts of her body, do not naturally just melt off.
That is the reason that a personal trainer will exert the best of professional efforts to see to it that new moms are:
• encouraged to embark on a supervised weight loss program
• motivated to sustain her post ...
... middle of paper ...
... that professional trainers are able to encourage a new mom to take up exercising is by letting her understand that her concerns which are related to her having given birth, are all important.
The trainer looks for non-verbal cues such as a look of tiredness, or a lack of willigness to talk, and addresses these immediately.
Losing weight is not just about vanity, after all. It is not just about the desire to look good, although of course, that is also an important consideration which helps to shore up self-confidence.
But, in general, it is the underlying health values that are expressed to the new mother:
when her trainer, as part of her health team, is able to make her understand that her continued good health will redound to the benefit of her baby, it becomes simpler for her to wholeheartedly participate in, and achieve the goals of her training program.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As many of you might have guessed, my chosen career is to be an Athletic Trainer. When I tell people I want to be an Athletic Trainer, they think I mean an actual trainer having to do with lifting weights, working out, and helping an athlete train. There are actually two types of Athletic Trainers. The first type is a personal trainer who is hired to help you train for an athletic event and get you in shape. That is not what I want to. I want to do something totally different than that. I want to be an actual Athletic Trainer who is on the sidelines of football and soccer games, or an other sport that needs one.... [tags: personal trainer, safety, injury]
1276 words (3.6 pages)
- Communication is an integral part of a client-trainer relationship. Successful fitness trainers not only help their clients achieve health and fitness goals, they are also supposed to possess great communication skills to be the person of trust and support most clients usually look for. There are a lot of fitness professionals who excel in exercise science and implementing training principles but lack skills that are essential in building great communication relationships with their clients. Although knowledge is power for all fitness trainers, establishing positive and productive relationships with the help of communication is crucial.... [tags: personal trainer, clients]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Well, the career I have chosen is a Physical Trainer. I have always found these people to be really inspiring and have thought about hiring one myself or even going through the schooling and training to become one myself. They do so much for people like helping others to find happiness with themselves as well as help making the human race a little healthier. A physical trainer can help so many people today by evaluating their clients “level of fitness by physical capabilities and personal health goals”(Becoming a Physical Trainer: Job Description & Career Info).... [tags: Exercise, Physical exercise, Personal trainer]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- When Brandon Long, a personal trainer from Long Beach, California, was asked what got him interested in personal training, he replied, “I guess it started with my love for exercising and seeing the changes that it makes on your body, mind, and confidence.” There are many reasons why people would want to become a personal trainer. They can be the person who helps someone meet his or her goals and makes them successful. They can be involved with all kinds of people in all kinds of sports. And finally, they also have the ability to work on their own and set their own schedule.... [tags: interview, brandon long]
1045 words (3 pages)
- ... Getting fit and healthy will require a lot of patience because this is a goal that needs consistency in order to achieve it. Further, it should be seen as well in the personality of a personal trainer you want to work with. One of the reason you hired a personal trainer is because you have insufficient amount of knowledge of making yours goals into reality. Because of this, a client especially the beginners in this field will ask a lot of question, will expect a lot from their trainers and will be more doubtful in every procedure.... [tags: trainer, change, fitness, goals, patience]
516 words (1.5 pages)
- Getting pregnant is one of the most natural events in the world, and yet, even in this modern times, not everyone understands the extreme importance that needs to be placed on the health and fitness of a pregnant woman. Health Concerns Unless you is already grounded in the value of keeping fit through a regular exercise routine and keeping to a proper diet, you will need to carefully map out your health concerns months before you gets pregnant. If you do not prepare ahead of time, you could run the risk of experiencing elevated blood pressure, depression, excessive weight gain, or diabetes.... [tags: personal training programs]
620 words (1.8 pages)
- Exercise is one of the important parts of human life. Often people begin an exercise program because they want to lose weight or improve their health. While these are important benefits, individuals should focus on participating in the exercise program that they will enjoy. Not only will this increase willingness to participate, but it’s more likely they will keep exercising for a longer time period. While going to the gym and having a personal trainer is one way to encourage people to begin an exercise program, it is not the only way.... [tags: Exercise, Physical exercise, Muscle, Stretching]
887 words (2.5 pages)
- Many organizations, schools, and businesses hire an athletic trainer to help their employees and team members. Athletic training encompasses the prevention, diagnosis, and intervention of emergency, acute, and chronic medical conditions involving impairment, functional limitations, and disabilities(99). Athletic trainers can work in a large number of organizations. High schools hire them to help with their athletics and injuries that may occur. Colleges hire them for the same reason. Businesses hire them for their gyms in case there is an emergency.... [tags: High school, College, Athletic trainer]
932 words (2.7 pages)
- Although having new moms lie in bed for a long time to optimize healing and recovery is a practice that is no longer in vogue, there are still women and their loved ones and friends who are daunted by the very idea of women who have recently given birth indulging in physical exercises. They feel that “something inside” might tear or break if new moms undergo personal training soon after giving birth. This vagueness about what could be “damaged” adds to the nervousness that is felt about post pregnancy efforts to lose weight.... [tags: healthy choices after giving birth]
604 words (1.7 pages)
- Shadowing a Certified Athletic Trainer For this project, the certified athletic trainer who I have shadowed for almost eight hours in just one day is Candace O'Bryan, currently the athletic trainer at Archbishop Hoban High School in Akron. Candace has worked at Hoban now entering her third year at the high school. She works alone as a trainer there but works along side one team doctor who is at every game, and the other one being a neurosurgeon but is just a parent helping out. Candace works through a clinic in downtown Akron next to the Spaghetti Warehouse.... [tags: Athletic Trainer Job Description]
1114 words (3.2 pages)