If you live in an old house, you might be considering having your bathroom renovated or remodeled. But you may be stumped as to exactly what you should do with your bathroom; there are after all, literally hundreds of possibilities to consider. So, to help make your bathroom renovations easier, here are some tips that you should consider before you pick up the phone and start calling plumbers, contractors, and remodelers.
Set aside some money for unexpected damage
Before you start getting your bathroom renovated, you will likely sit down and plan a budget. When you are setting aside money for materials, labour costs, etc., consider setting aside a bit of money to pay for unseen damage. I know what you are saying, “my bathroom is fine, and I have never seen any sort of damage.” During a bathroom renovation you never know what you will discover. Hidden or unseen water damage is very common, especially in older bathrooms. Leaks may occur deep in the walls, and it will not be discovered until the renovations are started. Leaky pipes can be very dangerous, as they have the potential to burst; not to mention the fact that leaky pipes can lead to major mold infestations. So, be safe, and set aside some money to have any hidden water damage repaired.
Ditch the tub
If you live in an older house, there is a very good chance you have a garden style tub. Although you might be tempted to keep your garden style bathtub (after all, who knows when you might suddenly need or want a bath), I say ditch it in favour of something more modern. Think about it, how many times have you really used your bathtub in the last year? You could probably count the amount of times on one hand. A large, r...
... middle of paper ...
...r surge or some other electrical problems.
Consult with the experts
Do not be afraid to ask your plumber and contractor what they think would work best, while staying within your budget. If you are sitting there, wondering about how to renovate your bathroom while staying within a budget, ask the professionals what they think, and what fixtures, products, styles, etc., they think work best at your budget level. A lot of people on the internet will advise you to buy your own fixtures (because the plumber will just rip you off), you should at least consult with a plumber before buying any fixtures, so that they can advise you on whether that brand is good fit for you.
Renovating a bathroom can make your home better and more inviting. It can be a hassle, but if you have a competent plumber, contractor, and electrician, then you should end up with a great bathroom.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- When the time comes to finish your bathroom remodeling project, you need to be able to finish it with style and flair. Bronze bathroom accessories provide a unique style and flair to any bathroom remodeling project because these sophisticated-looking accessories add a touch of classical styling that makes a bathroom look stunning. Therefore, if you have selected bronze plumbing fixtures for your home's bathroom, it is a good idea to complement them by installing bronze accessories in your bathroom.... [tags: Complimenting Your Bathroom]
584 words (1.7 pages)
- Having enough light in any bathroom is very important. To achieve the best lighting possible, it is a good idea to install bathroom lighting that provides plenty of light that is directed towards the mirror in a way that provides little shadow or glare. By doing this, you will make your bathroom a bright, open, and airy space that invites everyone in to enjoy its luxuries. When it comes to selecting the proper bathroom lighting for your home's bathroom, it is important to consider the placement of the lighting, the types of switches and bulbs that are best suited for your bathroom space, and the decorations of the globes and other features of the lighting fixtures.... [tags: Placement, Types, Decorations]
649 words (1.9 pages)
- Generally speaking, bathrooms of all styles and sizes need good organization and great lighting. Good organization requires plenty of storage and shelving that is not only functional but also attractive. Great lighting in a bathroom is needed in order to brighten up the space and to keep it from feeling like a drab utilitarian room that one really doesn't want to be in. By using a few tips for bathroom decoration, you can improve the organization and lighting of any bathroom to transform it from a drab, ordinary room into a luxurious and magnificent space that increases your home's overall value.... [tags: Organization, Lighting, Medicine Cabinet]
613 words (1.8 pages)
- When it comes to bathroom remodeling, there are several factors to consider before you begin. First you want to design a space that is going to add to the overall value of your home. Next you will want to find ways to make your bathroom as user-friendly as possible. By doing this, your bathroom will become a space that is integral to your home and gives your home an oasis for the relaxation and rest that your family needs. In order to add to the overall value of your home, it is important to select high-quality fixtures for your bathroom remodeling project.... [tags: Space, User-Friendly]
534 words (1.5 pages)
- Introduction Because of the lack of organization with the health care providers in Canada, the wait times are too long and can cause serious complications to any condition the patient went in for in the first place. This situation of how the health care system can resolve wait times was brought to the government but they continue to ignore the proposals brought to them. It is possible to resolve the problems of wait times without extreme change and expenses in the health care system. The solution is to be found in the reorganization of the health care providers.... [tags: Emergency Rooms Essays]
2148 words (6.1 pages)
- Rooms and Suites Revitalize and reenergize in one of our 250 newly renovated guest rooms, suites and accessible rooms. Our rejuvenated accommodations boast a sleek appearance intertwined with the warm comforts of home. Select from rooms furnished with one king or two double beds, or stay the night in one of our spacious suites. **NOTE: TVs are 36-inches. Make sure that when you click “view amenities” on the room description page that it reflects that information. Guest Rooms: Embrace contemporary elements mingled with familiar features such as our signature Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree Sleep Experience bedding.... [tags: Rooms, Bedroom, Room, Bathtub]
1003 words (2.9 pages)
- When it comes to selecting a double sink bathroom vanity, there are a few things to keep in mind. The advantages of a double sink vanity is that it offers an easy way to divide a bathroom counter top into a section for the husband and one for the wife or one section for parents and one for children. Also, the added counter space of a double sink vanity means that the bathroom will be more open and less cluttered thanks to the extra space. Determine the Proper Height for Your Double Sink Bathroom Vanity As you look to select your vanity, it is important to choose one that is the proper height for your family's needs.... [tags: Quality, Complementary, Counter]
712 words (2 pages)
- Are you considering small bathroom designs for your home. If so, you may want to know how to maximize the space available in the bathroom so that you can create a warm and inviting area that adds to the overall value of your home. By using a little ingenuity and spacial engineering, you can create a small bathroom that is both spacious and luxurious. One of the first ways to maximize the space in small bathroom designs is to install a corner vanity and sink in the bathroom. By installing the sink and vanity in a corner, you will free up floor space and create an illusion of a larger space.... [tags: Corner Vanity, Sink]
471 words (1.3 pages)
- Many people spend thousands of dollars on decorating their home but completely ignore the bathroom vanity cabinets. This mistake can result in a bathroom space that just looks drab and dreary that no one really enjoys. Therefore, it is important to select stylish cabinets to make your bathroom space a stunning space for relaxation and refreshment. By considering the following ideas, you can make the task of finding bathroom vanity cabinets rather easy. Then you will create an absolutely beautiful bathroom space that your entire family is certain to appreciate and enjoy.... [tags: Size Consideration, Material]
554 words (1.6 pages)
- When looking to remodel your bathroom, it is a good idea to review bathroom renovation ideas that can help you to successfully complete your project. One particular thing to keep in mind is to search for ideas that can help you to complete your bathroom project within your budget. By using these ideas for your bathroom, you will be able to transform your space from an ordinary bathroom area into an exciting centerpiece of your home. One of the best bathroom renovation ideas that will help you stay within your budget is to look for quality bathroom vanities that provide ample storage space.... [tags: Bathroom Vanities, Accessories]
565 words (1.6 pages)