The kitchen can quickly become one of the messiest rooms in any residence, especially when it 's shared by many people. A little cleaning goes a long way to keeping this space clean for everyone who uses it.
When should you clean your kitchen? Well, it all depends on the task. Some tasks are daily jobs, like cleaning the countertops, sink, microwave, and stove. Other tasks like cleaning the refrigerator and floor are weekly or monthly tasks.
My advice is to clean as you go. Clean up spills when they happen and tidy whatever you 've used before leaving the room. Doing this will keep your kitchen clean over time, so you won 't have to dedicate a lot of time to cleaning later. Even at its messiest you 'll only need 20 minutes to clean your kitchen. The steps below will show you how to do it.
Note: If you 're living in the Towers, you 'll have to clean the countertops, sink, microwave, refrigerator, and floor.
If you 've living in Shell House, McTaggart-Cowan House, the Townhouses, or Hamilton Hall, you 'll have to clean the countertops, sink, stove, microwave, refrigerator, and floor.
Cleaning the countertops
Kitchen countertops are easy to mess up, but they 're also easy to clean. A simple wipe down after every use will keep debris and germs away.
All you 'll need for this job is 2 minutes, 2 cloths, and all-purpose cleaner.
To clean the countertops
1. Clear off any unnecessary items, like papers, dishes, food items, and garbage.
2. Wipe off any crumbs onto the floor or into the sink using a dry cloth.
3. Spray some all-purpose cleaner onto the countertops. Let it sit for a few seconds, especially on sticky or stained areas.
4. Take your cloth and wipe down the countertops using an s-pattern.
5. Move any a...
... middle of paper ...
...ou may want to use a sponge and/or rubber gloves for this job. Also, if you want to get a bathroom-specific cleaner, go ahead and do so. The choice is yours.
To clean the tub
1. Spray the walls of the shower with all-purpose cleaner, working from top to bottom. Allow the product to sit for a few minutes.
2. Take your cloth and wipe the walls. Go in a clockwise direction, scrubbing in every corner and edge as you go.
3. Spray the tub with all-purpose cleaner and allow it to sit for a few minutes.
4. Start from one end of the tub and scrub until you reach the other. Make sure to clean the shower head, faucet, and knobs too.
5. Take a bucket and fill it with water. Pour the water down all of the walls and inside the tub itself. Make sure to remove all cleaner from the tub.
6. Take a bath towel and dry the walls, fixtures, and tub.
Cleaning the Living Room
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Kitchen Essentials List: Kitchen Cookware and Essentials Purchasing kitchen cookware is much harder than it seems. Nowadays, there are many kitchen products that you can buy for your customized house. However, it can be confusing to separate quality from junk. This article will help you to learn more about high-quality kitchen essentials. Chef's Knife It is one of the essential kitchen items that should be about 9 inches long. A high-quality chef knife is heavy, sharp, and easy to use. Its function is to cut vegetables, meat, and other ingredients during cooking preparation.... [tags: Knife, Kitchen knife, Cooking utensils, Bread]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Cooking can be great fun. But kitchen is also the number one area where home disasters take place everyday. From boiling liquids to sharp knives, from hot pots to open flames – the kitchen is full of things which can turn dangerous very easily. So, safety needs to be your foremost priority. In this guide, we describe the basic kitchen safety rules. Keep these kitchen safety tips in your mind to avoid accidents and injuries in your kitchen. Avoid health hazards Store raw poultry and other meat carefully and separated from other items to avoid cross-contamination of harmful bacteria.... [tags: health, fire, hazzards]
544 words (1.6 pages)
- The writing process can be as frustrating as trying to organize and clean your kitchen. The writing process can be difficult because you have to complete the writing process step-by-step and it sometimes can give you quite a hard time. My writing process consists of several steps and I compare those steps to the operation of organizing and cleaning my kitchen. The writing process for me includes, pre-writing my essay by brainstorming, building upon my ideas, discovering an attention-grabbing introduction sentence, revising my essay, proofreading, writing a final draft and publishing the essay.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Management, Short story]
1053 words (3 pages)
- It has been said that kitchens are the hearts of homes. Kitchens are in constant use, whether it's during the day or at night. The use of kitchens has extended far beyond food preparation, though. A kitchen is a room within a home where memories are made, conversations and stories are shared with family and friends, and where our children learn how to make chocolate chip cookies and other delicious snacks and meals. Kitchen’s are becoming more popular as it is one of the most used spaces in a home, and it is for that reason why kitchen remodels are delayed or avoided.... [tags: Kitchenware, Kitchen]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- One thing my grandma would always say every time she was doing work around the house is that, “A woman’s work is never done.” Posted on an online magazine website author, Jessica Grose, wrote an article titled “Cleaning: The Final Feminist Frontier,” published March 13th, 2013. As she got into the article she argues that men in our lives more recently started taking on more of the childcare and cooking, while the cleaning still falls unfairly on women. Jessica Grose starts to build her credibility with personal facts and using reputable sources.... [tags: Home, Cleaning, Homemaker]
1077 words (3.1 pages)
- In the short story “Ines in the Kitchen,” Cristina Garcia narrates the life of Ines who seems to be in conflict with herself. As the protagonist, Ines is confused about her emotions and the decisions that have to be made. Therefore, she struggles with her life, her relationship with her husband, and her memories of the past which haunt her. Only Ines can really understand what she goes through every day that passes by.(give examples) However, on the other hand, her husband, Richard, is a man who likes to have specific guidelines for his woman and cares about his appearance.... [tags: Ines in the Kitchen Essays]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- High pressure cleaning is the easiest way to wash the messiest driveways, pathways, windows and concrete. Though using a cleaner is not tough, but using it well requires some getting used-to. There are things you need to consider to avoid accidents as well as wear and tear of the equipment. You spend a lot of money to buy a washer and reckless use of it would probably damage it. As they say, handle with care. First of all, read the manual carefully. High pressure cleaning could be fun once you know what you are doing.... [tags: How-To Paper]
470 words (1.3 pages)
- Amy Tan's The Kitchen God's Wife Amy Tan's The Kitchen God's Wife is the story of a relationship between a mother and daughter that is much more than it seems. This touchingly beautiful narrative not only tells a story, but deals with many of the issues that we have discussed in Women Writers this semester. Tan addresses the issues of the inequality given women in other cultures, different cultures' expectations of women, abortion, friendship, generation gaps between mothers and daughters, mother-daughter relationships, and the strength of women in the face of adversity.... [tags: Kitchen]
1223 words (3.5 pages)
- Kitchen’s across the nation continue to evolve from the functional, cookie-cutter, space to a creative, unique, and inspiring one. Kitchen cabinets play an important role in the aesthetic changeover of kitchens, because they are no longer just for extra storage — but style, as well. In our most precious blog, we covered five popular kitchen cabinet designs that we’ve noticed trending in homes, not only in Barbados, but across the nation. Check out five more popular trends among kitchen cabinetry, and when you’re ready to upgrade your kitchen cabinets, contact the professionals at Fiberpol Inc.... [tags: Cabinet, United States Cabinet, Kitchen Cabinet]
1626 words (4.6 pages)
- Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto The path of life is not easy. It is scattered with struggles and hurdles which we must overcome. A rose plant is a good metaphor of life; the flower is soft with a pleasant fragrance but the thorns are prickly and hurt us. Likewise, life has good things like laughter, happiness, hope but it also has some things that hurt us, obstruct us. In Banana Yoshimoto’s novella Kitchen, Mikage Sakurai faces quandaries in her life which hinder her. However, she fights them back with hope and determination.... [tags: English Literature Kitchen Essays]
1252 words (3.6 pages)