To future students, taking this Composition I course, I want to give you some tips, advice, and encouragement that will, hopefully, help you on the beginning of your journey. These are tools, I have gathered and learned in my own process, of this course. I will discuss in this essay about, some methods and tips I used for my writing, what to look for and how to make an argumentative paper valid, and then give you encouraging words that will motivate you to not give up.
If there is one thing you should always keep in mind for this class, is that you should be very observant in everything you read and do. At the beginning of this class, I was eager to become a better writer. Because of this eagerness, I was quick to write and finish my assignments, but I did not notice little things that I should have added in my work. For Example, one of our assignments was to write note cards using excel sheets. One of the keynotes to this assignment stated,” As a general guide, I 'd expect that you have a minimum of 2-3 points for each page of the articles. The articles are rich in details, so you should have at least 2-3 points on each page to include in your electronic note cards.” Seems pretty straight forward right? Unfortunately, my incompetence got in the way and I only did 2-3 points for each article. Listening to each step carefully and being observant is key to having easy travels in this course.
The second thing you will need to get ahold of to be successful in this course, is how to be able to judge yourself. A major part of this class is, the practice of grading your own work and making decisions on how to improve your work. You may want to start right off the b...
... middle of paper ...
...ion, I hope that this paper gives you a peek into what you will be doing and hopefully help you prepare for what you are going to be doing in this course. If you pay attention to the small details, make sure your sources are credible, and stay focused on improving your own writing, you will be successful in your voyage. I, sincerely, wish you the best!
Mini Reflection of “Tips, Advice, and Encouragement to Future Composition I Students
I tried to write this paper as if I was writing to myself. Because of that this paper is very simple and easy to read but may lack the creativity, that I normally would have. I think I was able to find really good quotes from different articles that helped carry my point across. I would give my paper a 4 out of 5 rating. However, I feel if I could have worked on this paper longer I could give myself a better overall rating.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Tips for Achieving Your Fitness Goals Setting fitness goals are more prevalent during the New Year because most people tend to include this in their resolutions. Unfortunately for many, this desire soon fizzled out because of lack of planning, burnout and unrealistic goals. Rather than associating your fitness goals with the New Year, you can just plan a year-round fitness regime that will fit your lifestyle. Make sure that you’re mentally and physically ready with whatever fitness program you’ll take.... [tags: exercise, buddy, motivate]
581 words (1.7 pages)
- Generally speaking, bathrooms of all styles and sizes need good organization and great lighting. Good organization requires plenty of storage and shelving that is not only functional but also attractive. Great lighting in a bathroom is needed in order to brighten up the space and to keep it from feeling like a drab utilitarian room that one really doesn't want to be in. By using a few tips for bathroom decoration, you can improve the organization and lighting of any bathroom to transform it from a drab, ordinary room into a luxurious and magnificent space that increases your home's overall value.... [tags: Organization, Lighting, Medicine Cabinet]
613 words (1.8 pages)
- The book King Solomon’s Advice, authored by Walter L. Porter, is a detailed study of the wisdom and advice of Solomon. The author sets forth to present the advice of Solomon, by interjecting his own thoughts and then backing what he states with the words of Solomon, or another Biblical author. The author states that he does not desire to speak much on the subjects, but rather allow the Bible to speak, with only a few comments from himself. He [the author] states that he hopes the information contained in his book will be worthwhile and usable for others.... [tags: Advice, Wisdom, Analysis]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- The definition of experienced may take many forms. To one, it might be having many years under one’s belt. To another, it could be hiking many peaks in a short amount of time, increasing hours spent on the trails, but not longevity in the activity. An experienced hiker constitutes both of these, both longevity and peaks covered. In any activity, repetition means experience and practice, and hiking is no different. To hike, one must follow an almost religious regiment, keeping calorie intake in the 3000’s, and fitness at optimum level.... [tags: hydration, hyponatremia]
978 words (2.8 pages)
Evidence Based Classroom Practices Use For Behavior Management Are Structure, Expectations, Engagement, Encouragement And Encouragement
- The five important evidence based classroom practices to use for behavior management are structure, expectations, engagement, encouragement and discouragement. The textbook case study, gave us a clear example of Mr. Williams’ growth from a disempowering teacher to an empowered teacher after implementing such practices. Both the Kerr and Nelson textbook and the PowerPoint reminds how important taming the chaos is for children who are behaviorally at risk. Bearing in mind also the PowerPoint slide that tells us about the six R’s (resentful, resistive, rebellious, retreat, reluctant, revengeful) of an estranged child, we should have the motivation for setting up and maintaining a classroom, lik... [tags: Behavior, Human behavior, Psychology, Education]
897 words (2.6 pages)
- Encouragement is a form of positive reinforcement that every individual will require at some point. People encourage one another to make an individual strive to improve, to keep trying or to lift a person’s spirit. In times of frustration and doubt, encouragement can be used as a tool to promote growth or point a person in the right direction. Consider the hypothetical posed in unit one, in which the client was considering suicide. Thoughts of suicide result when a person is at their lowest point.... [tags: Criminal Justice ]
1466 words (4.2 pages)
- Good Advice When we first started to talk about good advice, I didn't fully understand what makes good advice, well, good. "Advice is advice." I said to myself, walking home from class trying to think of where to start. As the subject grew in class, everybody started to get deeper into the subject until we all had a well-based understanding on what good advice is. Everyone had a little different perspective than everybody else, which made the subject very interesting. I realized that there are many requirements for good advice.... [tags: Advice Philosophical Papers]
1314 words (3.8 pages)
- The venture to be the owner of an accounting and tax service provider is not a small task, and you have realized the challenges that many experience in starting their own business. Fortunately, you have taken steps early within the life of your new business in an attempt to correct any problems and learn from past mistakes in order to be successful in the future. In our previous communications you mention that you started your own business because you wanted to work in your own community, have the flexibility of owning your own business, while also being able to make a good living, and these are all worthy motivators for a fledgling business owner.... [tags: Tips for Starting Your Own Company]
3528 words (10.1 pages)
- In China, the citizens' inclination of Buddhism varied from that of other states. There was a plethora of mental outlooks on how Buddhism was changing the Chinese society as it expanded from India, where it was founded in the sixth century BCE. The responses are organized depending on their acceptance, rejection, or encouragement of a combination of Buddhism with other religions. These categories are illustrated by the following documents; the acceptance by documents two and five, the rejection by documents four, six, and three, and last, the encouragement by documents two, five, and three.... [tags: religion, history]
1228 words (3.5 pages)
- When designing any new bathroom or remodeling an existing bathroom space, you need to consider installing a bathroom ceiling light that provides the best possible light in your home's bathroom. Whether you are creating a classic-looking bathroom or a sleek modern styled bathroom, you will want to make sure that you provide plenty of light in your bathroom to make it feel open and airy. Then your bathroom will be a glamorous space that adds to your home's beauty and worth. Use a Timelessly Beautiful Bathroom Ceiling Light A great way to invest in your home's bathroom is to use a bathroom ceiling light that has a timeless beauty to its style.... [tags: Lighting, Beauty, Designer]
591 words (1.7 pages)