One of the greatest scientists of our time Stephen Hawking was once quoted to have said “I do believe in time travel, Time travel to the future. Time flows like a river, and it seems as if each of us is carried relentlessly along by time's current. But time is like a river in another way. It flows at different speeds in different places and that is the key to travelling into the future. This idea was first proposed by Albert Einstein over 100 years ago."
A number of people have claimed to be time travelers, for example, Darren Arthur Daulton, who is a former catcher in Major League Baseball, had claimed in a televised interview with ESPN that he has "skipped through time" and has undergone “astral travel”. However, none of these claims have ever been proven true.
The concept of time travel is laden with a number o...
... middle of paper ...
...-energy collisions inside the collider may produce artifacts (such as short-lived micro-black holes) that reveal the presence of these predicted extra dimensions.
So according to the M-theory, if the Higgs singlet only travels in a fifth dimension, time in our Universe is not of consequence to the particle. Therefore it could be created by the collider in the fifth dimension, and when it decays, its "decay particles" will be detected at an arbitrary time.
This arbitrary time could be in the past, before the particle was even generated, or even in the future. Therefore, if physicists see particles spontaneously appearing into existence before a collision in the collider even occurs, this could be indicative of the Higgs singlet decay particles appearing in our universe.
I guess we will have to wait and see what secrets of the universe the collider unravels.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Time Travel has always struck close to the imagination of the minds. From H.G. Wells ' "The Time Machine" to blockbuster films like "Back to the Future" - for years, time travel was the stuff of science fiction and crazy-eyed mad men but as physicists approach the subject of time travel with new advances in scientific theories and equipment, the possibility of time travel has become a more legitimate field for scientific endeavours. This paper will argue the possibility of time travel and the positive effects that this discovery will bring forth to modern day society: technological advancements.... [tags: Time travel, Time, General relativity]
1605 words (4.6 pages)
- The possibility of time travel has been explored extensively in the science fiction genre of literature, movies, and television shows. Time travel has an assortment of theories, with views on the definition of time travel, the metaphysics of time, causation, and arguments against the possibility of time travel with responses to counter them. Definition of Time Travel Time travel does not have one standard definition. A popular definition of time travel is by David Lewis, where the time elapsed for the time traveller to get to a destination is different from the time between the departure and arrival time.... [tags: future, past, time machine, curve, space-time]
1634 words (4.7 pages)
- Since the beginning of time itself, man has been dreaming of time travel. The current model of physics shows no obvious doubts towards the possibility of time travel, which leaves many questions (“Quantum Time Travel”). If the quarrel for time travel holds any truth, how will man manifest the means of going about it. Before the theories set forth by the men and women in the scientific community can be understood, one must have at least a general knowledge of the basics behind quantum mechanics, as well as the estimable; Einstein’s, theory of space-time.... [tags: Scientific Research ]
1896 words (5.4 pages)
- ... Another philosophical view of nature of time is presentism which means there is a past but the future isn’t set yet. As passes the present becomes as the past and the future as the new present. This means that time is moving forward into the future and leaving the past behind. Scientist has come to a conclusion that time travel could be possible because of the new modern physics laws. One theory is that wormholes are a short passage through space-time for long journeys. In 1935, Albert Einstein and Nathan Rosen came up the theory of general relatively in which they discover the bridges or wormholes through space-time.... [tags: laws, change, past, future, parrallel, universe]
661 words (1.9 pages)
- “Can the future affect the present, and can the present affect the past?”(1) This is the question posed by the philosophical concept of retrocasualty – the product of time travel to the past. Time travel has been a common staple in science fiction writing, so many of its explanations owe their origins to tales of protagonists discovering its often confusing implications. Many people may already have a great understanding of a few hypothesized behaviors of time travel due to popular media, such as Back to the Future, Star Trek, and many other works of fiction.... [tags: Science ]
1456 words (4.2 pages)
- Anderson, Craig. “The Twin Paradox.” College of the Redwoods, Spring 1999. Web. 22 July 2010. This article explains the concept of the “twin paradox”, which is also known as “time dilation.” Craig starts his article by introducing the readers to Albert Einstein’s concepts of relativity. According to Craig, Einstein believed that “the basic premise of relativity is that neither time nor space is absolute.” Craig then goes on to explain the background of time dilation, and tries to explain the complicated mathematics behind time dilation.... [tags: Annotated Bibliography]
2719 words (7.8 pages)
- Is Time Travel Possible. Time travel has always fascinated humans. The idea of being able to change the past or the future creates infinite possibilities. The most common form of time travel is through the use of a time machine, although in some cases, characters with mystical powers can transport others in time. The subject of time travel has been brought up in various blockbuster movies, such as Back to the Future series, the Terminator trilogy, and even Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure.4 In the literary world, some well-known writers have written about time travel, including H.G.... [tags: Space Back to the Future Science Fiction Essays]
1094 words (3.1 pages)
- Time travel is feat thought by most to be impossible. After all time travel is what many science fiction movies are made of. Let us not forget such movies as “Back to the Future” or “The Time Machine.” Yet unlike those movies time travel is not necessarily fiction. “We are in our own time machines, our hearts are pumping blood, we're breathing, we are existing through time (at least until our own personal time machines seriously malfunction).” (Need help citing this!) Still surrounding this topic is a series of theories, and surrounding these series is a number of flaws.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- An essential requirement for the possibility of time travel is the presumption that future and past were somehow real. But according to one popular view only the present is real, and to suppose that the past or future are also real is to suppose that the past and the future are also present -- a contradiction. According to this sort of Heraclitean metaphysical conception, the future is genuinely open: there is no realm of determinate future fact, no denizens of the future to identify or talk about, though of course -- in the fullness of time -- there will be.... [tags: Reverse Causation ]
3040 words (8.7 pages)
- Time Travel First of all, to give you a better concept of time I will use a personal theory of mine. When you look up at the sky at night, at the stars, what are you seeing. Do you think that collage of stars actually exists. Most of them do not. When you look at the sky at night you are seeing the past because it takes an obscene amount of time for the light from those stars to reach earth, and in that time those stars may have disappeared. It works both ways. When an inhabitant, if there is one, on a planet around the star that you are looking at looks at our sun he is also seeing the past.... [tags: Physics]
677 words (1.9 pages)