Many people think that if children will learn about sex in schools they will lose their morality and cultural values. Though sexual teaching is against of cultural laws; it gives a platform to know what is right and what is wrong and it makes them to be strong and confident to live their own life independently. According to a survey, in United States, many parents have stated that their children should be taught sex education in schools. This survey says that “Over 80% of polled parents agreed with the statement "Sex education in school makes it easier for me to talk to my child about sexual issues", and under 17% agreed with the statement that their children were being exposed to "subjects I don't think my child should be discussing". (Wikipedia; The free encyclopedia). This shows that most of the educated parents need to build confidence in their children to talk about these facts of lives. However moral values can be still reserved, but sex and sexuality must be taught in early ages so that young generations could be protected from sexually transmitted dise...
... middle of paper ...
...y awesome. Nice book for adults and nice explanation by author which really helped me in my evidence. This book is having tons of topics related to sex education and that was a great support in my essay.
Herold, Edward S, and Rita M. Benson. "Problems of Teaching Sex Education—A Survey of Ontario Secondary Schools."" (n.d.): n. pag. Print. JSTOR. N.p., n.d.
I found this article quite helpful because it also covered one of the areas of my body paragraphs. Though it was short and concise but it was fine. This article was about problems in teaching sex education that was student’s shyness and moral value etc. I will not prefer it to be perfect for any other topics but only it was having a general survey of a school from US. It gave me some point for my argumentative essay. Though I did not prefer the whole article to read; just for my topic there was some relevance.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- How Eating Healthy Can Save Your Life Eating healthy is important. There is a wide variety of reasons why, but I am going to inform you in the three main reasons such as disease prevention, weight management, and mood/cognition and energy. These reasons will make you second guess your eating habits and will help you improve a healthy lifestyle. First of all, because it helps prevent diseases. There are numerous diseases now a days, and most of them depend on your eating habits. A poor diet has been proven to cause disease such as diabetes, heart disease, and certain types of cancer.... [tags: Nutrition, Eating, Food, Dieting]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- Have you ever wondered what it would be like if school started later in the afternoon rather than first thing in the morning. School should start at least a few hours later then it normally does. Although not all parents and teachers agree, I believe school starting later in the afternoon would be of great benefit to students. After being up late at night doing homework and studying what student wants to get up first thing in the morning and go to school. In my opinion, not many. With the lack of sleep after being up late, going to school and trying to focus and learn can become a very difficult task, which in the end ultimately makes students irritated and angry.... [tags: school hours, education, school time]
534 words (1.5 pages)
- Marriage is a dream that even young children yearn for. At an early age, many let their minds wander on who they will marry, what their spouse will be like or look like, or when they will get married. As some get older, they will be curious as to what a marriage means and what characteristics they desire in a wife or husband. Numerous young adults will start to feel like the whole “marriage” thing is becoming real. Young peoples will intentionally look for potential spouses that share the same beliefs, values, morals, and mission.... [tags: Marriage, Wife, Husband, Love]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Social networking establishments like Facebook and Myspace have blowup in latest years and early surfers in particular have grown into devoted fans of this active and advanced way to bond with the comprehensive world around them, interactive with friends and joining up with compatible people. But as using everything in the computer-generated domain, parents do need to recognize in what way their children are cooperating on common networking spots, and be certain their kids be familiar with what to make sure of if they have knowledge a foul or unsafe circumstances.... [tags: Privacy, Internet privacy, Internet]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- Save the Children Australia (SCA) Save the Children Australia is a member of Save the Children Global Group (STC) which has over 90-years’ experience with children and programs in 31 countries including Australia (all the states & the Northern Territory), as well as the Pacific (Solomon Islands, Papua New Guinea, Vanuatu). In addition, SCA is a member of the Australian Council for International Development (ACFID). It is a non-for- profit organisation focusing on the safeguarding and protection of children who are in vulnerable situations in Australia, the Pacific and almost throughout the world.... [tags: Management, Risk, Risk management]
2155 words (6.2 pages)
- UNICEF (United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund) .An NGO charity, operated by the UN was organized more than 50 years ago It is active in over 191 countries such as Jordan Egypt and Iraq. It is run by volunteers and they get their funding through donations. Their mission statement is advocating for the protection of children's rights, to help meet their basic needs and to support their full participation in the political, social and economic development of their communities. This NGO is run by volunteers and funded by donations.... [tags: UNICEF, save the children]
862 words (2.5 pages)
- Health they say is wealth," so guide it with much care and tenderness. First alert medical alert systems, will be fixing its position to the lives of those that really wants them. Firstly, what are first alert medicals?. They are enumerations of medical quick responses that are giving to protect older people activities in the present age. Those who live healthily, never really knows the liberty they have; but I think everyone who older people at home will be able to explain this to them.... [tags: Quick Responses, Older People]
476 words (1.4 pages)
- “In the past sixty-years, vaccines have helped eradicate smallpox and are close to eradicating polio” (11 Facts About Vaccines). According to recent studies, “vaccines prevent more than 2.5 million deaths each year”(11 Facts About Vaccines). With that information being stated, parents need to consider vaccinating their children in order to assure them against life threatening diseases. Vaccines can save children and their parents time and money, they are safe and effective, and in general can spare their lives in the long run.... [tags: Vaccine, Vaccination, Measles, Smallpox]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- Feminism in Tom Robbins’ Even Cowgirls Get the Blues In the novel, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues by Tom Robbins, Sissy Hankshaw is a young woman who gets introduced to the world via hitchhiking. From the beginning of the novel, Sissy’s sexuality is foreshadowed. She goes with her mother to see a psychic, Madame Zoe. When asked if Sissy will ever get married, Madame Zoe replies, "There is most clearly a marriage. A husband, no doubt about it, though he is years away…There are children, too. Five, maybe six.... [tags: Even Cowgirls Get Blues]
1296 words (3.7 pages)
- Alert, Alerter, Alertest "Our military at home and around the world is on high alert status and we have taken the necessary security precautions to continue the functions of your government." President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001 As an American, I am on a state of high alert much of the time. I tend to be alert to inequities, discrimination, intolerance, injustice, restriction of liberty. "Give me liberty or give me death," was Patrick Henry's cry. "Live Free or Die" is New Hampshire's motto.... [tags: September 11 Terrorism Essays]
763 words (2.2 pages)