Sometimes, I envy those people who are able to walk under the sunlight, not knowing when their lives might end. And foolishly believing that their time was unlimited because there was nothing in their life to remind them that everything has an expiration date.
But Alex… He was different, everything about him was totally different. His perspective towards life. The way he live it to the fullest, seeing beauty in everything that normal people won’t even take another look on it. He sees them from a positive way and appreciate them . He was the exact opposite of me.
Although he might not know it, he was my light. The only thing that I could say about him is that he is innocent and pure-hearted, yet he was ignorant. He could understand the hardships in life, the bitter reality that most people chose to ignore. And that was what made him appreciate life more, a life with limited time.
I guess that is the reason why I look up to him the most. He knew his time is ending soon, however he didn’t just sit and do nothing. He didn’t let his sickness affect him. All he do is appreciate everything that was around him, which is something that I could never do.
I watch the doctor scrambling around me, tryi...
... middle of paper ...
...k a deep breath. “This morning, he was eating his breakfast and he was talking about visiting you again.” She said as her voice shaking.
“Then all of a sudden he started clutching at his chest so I called the doctor. They took him to the operating room and were performing surgery.”
“So are they done yet?” I asked, squeezing her hand tightly. “When will I be able to see him again? Is he in a coma? When will he wake up?” I knew my voice was trembling. Yet, I couldn’t help controlling it.
“Ashley!” the nurse yelled. I turned to her with tears in my eyes.
I then felt her arm wrapped tightly round me and it was too much for me to handle. I buried my face in her shoulder and cried for the first time in a long time. The last time I cried was when I discovered I had cancer.
“Why?! Why did he have to die? He never did anything wrong!And yet, he’s gone! It’s not fair!”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The unbearable pain, yet I couldn’t scream. All I could do is helplessly watch the nurses and doctors hovering over me, trying to do something; anything to save my life. To be honest, it doesn’t really matter whether I live or not. Well, maybe some tiny part of me hoping that I would, but the same part where everyone refuses to give up that hope. But I know I won't be able to make it. You won't really care anymore because you know the end is coming soon, there’s always a difference in that; whether you have hopes or not.... [tags: short story]
794 words (2.3 pages)
Whether the Amount of Noise in an Environment Affects an Individual's Ability to Memorize Words in a Limited Amount of Time
- Whether the Amount of Noise in an Environment Affects an Individual's Ability to Memorize Words in a Limited Amount of Time Hypothesis ---------- In a noisy environment, fewer words will be memorised, as it will be harder to concentrate and memorise words. Method ------ Design The type of experiment we did was a lab experiment as it was controlled, as the participants knew they were taking part and also we controlled the locations in which the experiment took place.... [tags: Papers]
709 words (2 pages)
- 27 Oct - Yahoo Answers -SBS - Shri 1# https://www.quora.com/My-co-founder-lives-in-Singapore-PR-and-I-live-in-the-USA-Green-Card-How-can-we-structure-a-company-in-Singapore Answer: Registering a Singapore private limited company is a great option for you. It will give both of you, if desired, 50% shares of your company. The best way of doing it is to hire one of the competent Singapore incorporation services like SBS Consulting. If the your company distributes dividends, which are tax-free in Singapore.... [tags: Corporation, Limited liability partnership]
756 words (2.2 pages)
Joint Venture, A Partnership, Individual, Or Corporation That Pools Labor And Capital For A Limited Period
- Joint Venture Joint Venture is “a partnership, individual, or corporation that pools labor and capital for a limited period of time” (Kubasek, Brennan, Browne, 2015, p. 431). This method can increase liability and limit outside opportunities where the business can not expand their product line and have to utilize the products provided by the company they have a joint in a agreement. The mission of the coffeehouse is to be unique and special. This type of model would not allow originality and for that reason, its not recommend that Shania get involved with a joint venture.... [tags: Limited liability company, Corporation]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- Analysis of The Limited, Inc. History The Limited, Inc. was founded by Leslie H. Wexner on August 10, 1963, beginning with one store located in Columbus, Ohio. During its first year in operation, this store achieved sales of $157,000. His strategy was to provide a "limited" assortment of quality, fashionable sportswear at medium prices. The "limited" concept worked well and by the late 1970s, Wexner began a twofold strategy of market development and product development. New stores were opened and acquired an appeal to women of different ages, sizes, and budget limits.... [tags: The Limited Retail Consumerism Clothing Essays]
4511 words (12.9 pages)
- Assignment One Business Environment The two contrasting businesses described in this report will be, Marks&Spencers Public Limited Company (PLC) and Oxfam. Marks & Spencer 's was a start up retailing company founded in 1884. They originally started as a small stall in Kirkgate Market, Leeds however over the years they have successfully expanded as a well known brand and international retailer. Their main purpose is to make as much profit as possible while satisfying their customers with outstanding products.... [tags: Limited company, Corporation, Charitable trust]
1834 words (5.2 pages)
- The concept of time is one that has many connotations attached to it, some are confusing and the others are too abstract. Time is an entity that cannot manifest itself, it is something that is always around us but it seems that it is forever going to be elusive. It passes without the assistance of anyone or anything and it seems to be unstoppable. There are many stories, such as H.G. Wells’ The Time Machine that hint at the possibility of manipulating time in order to enter into its domain and travel through it to other various points in the Earth’s timeline.... [tags: Time, Time travel, Future, Present]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- Contents Summary 3 Situation analysis 3 Research on portfolio theory 4 Variables explaining stockholding 5 Factors for trying to explain the phenomenon 7 Conclusion 11 References 12 Summary At the very basis of this paper is the analysis of the limited household stock market participation phenomenon. The relevance of the issue is discussed through the perspective of the theories of finance with special regard to the Model Portfolio Theory. Given the point of view of one of the largest stock markets - the market of the United States of America - the phenomenon is first of all presented as deriving from behaviours related to stockholding.... [tags: Limited Household Participation Phenomenon ]
2832 words (8.1 pages)
- Limited Transferability and Illiquidity of Membership Interest Purchase of Limited Partnership Interests should be considered a long-term investment. Transfer of Limited Partnership Interests is subject to significant restrictions. The Limited Partnership Interests will not be registered under the Securities Act by reason of specific exemptions under the provision of that act, which depend, in part, upon the agreement of the purchasers not to transfer their Limited Partnership Interests except under certain circumstances.... [tags: Corporation, Limited liability company]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- Analyzing the Performance of Benedon Limited Company I am writing a report to analyse the performance of Benedon Limited Company and to compare with the industry as a whole. The report analyses company and industry performance over the three years up to at end of 20X3. “It enables us to discover favourable or unfavourable trends that are developing gradually over time, as well as pointing up any numbers that have changed sharply in the space of time of just one year.” (Sytsma, S.) This report reviews the findings of the major changes and the awareness of weak performances.... [tags: Benedon Limited Business Management Essays]
906 words (2.6 pages)