The movie Fast and the Furious was a hit at the box office for 2011 and grossed over $200 million (Gray 2011). The year 2011 was what the film industry calls a down year for film, therefore movie sequels in this case did not make a huge impact for that reason (Gray 2011). Never the less the movies were a huge success with the movie goers. Director of this film Justin Lin has directed each of the movies Fast and Furious sagas. The exciting element of this director is his extraordinary way of always adding different tones and style to each picture. In all the Fast Five movies the main focus was about going fast and cars. Fast cars are not largely focused on in the Fast Five movie; however director Lin has added a new objective for all the main characters, to complete the heist and “to stay alive”.
As the director, Lin is responsible for making sure that all elements of the movie come together as they should...
... middle of paper ...
The scene has been set in Rio which takes the audience to a place many have never visited as well as getting the adrenaline flowing with all the music and action. This action pack movie is a hit.
Brandon Gray (2011) Box Office Mojo, Sequel Scoreboard “Fast Five” Leads 2011 Sequel Race So Far, Retrieved 12/16/11 From: http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3186
Goodykoontz, B. & Jacobs, C.P. (2011). Film: From Watching to Seeing. (Ashford Univ. Ed.) San Diego, CA. Bridgepoint Education, Inc. retrieved 12/16/11 from: https://content.ashford.edu/books/AUENG225.11.2/sections/ch07
Media Match (2011) TV and Film Job Descriptions that Media Match Offers, Retrieved 12/17/11 From: http://www.media-match.com/usa/jobtypes/job-descriptions.php
Production Notes (2011) Fast Five, Retrieved 12/17/11 from: http://www.cinemareview.com/production.asp?prodid=6399
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are a lot of physics and science behind throwing a football. You must take into account all of the factors around you, as well as figure out the best angle to send the ball where it needs to be. Throwing a deep ball is all about using the right angle with the right amount of force. I want to find out at which angle is the best to throw the farthest ball. The angles I will test will be a low angle at 15˚, a medium angle at 45˚, and a high angle at 75˚. The force throwing the ball will be the same, so the only factor changing will be the angle at which the ball is being thrown.... [tags: physics, science, gravity]
776 words (2.2 pages)
- The free throw shot is one the most important shots in basketball. In fact, around 20% of all points scored in the NCAA Division 1 are from free throws shots (Kozar, Vaughn, Lord, Whitfield, & Dve 243-248). The importance of this shot increases later in the game, because free throws tend to comprise greater percentage of the points that are scored in the last 5 minutes than the initial 35 minutes by either the wining or the losing team (Kozar et al., 123-129). The free throw shot is considered as the easiest shot for a professional basketball player, as the player stands alone, 15 feet away from the hoop with no defense or distraction.... [tags: sports, NCAA]
1369 words (3.9 pages)
- Students learn underarm throw skill by practising three main key cues of step, swing and throw. Start Students from a half circle as everyone can focus on what is happening and see the demonstration clearly. Underhand throwing (Watson 2015) 1. Face your target 2. Step with your opposite foot towards the target 3. Use a pendulum motion with the arm you are throwing with 4. Follow through to the sky or ceiling with hand you are throwing with. • Get students to make groups of 3 • Two games are played at the same time.... [tags: Play, Game, Learning, The Starting Line]
1275 words (3.6 pages)
- Many of us have gotten rock chips, but how many of us understand how those pesky rocks hit our windshield. A common misconception is that the car in front of us throws rocks "backward" and hits the following car's windshield. A rolling tire cannot throw a rock backwards. A tire is a rolling object, thus every point along the tire is moving forwards. There is no force going in a backwards direction. Only direction part of a rolling object can go is a combination of up or down, and forward. The velocity of the rock at any given point can be determined by adding it's translational velocity at the center of mass (the orange arrow) with it's rotational velocity.... [tags: physics tire rock]
419 words (1.2 pages)
- Southern Racial Inequality in Faulkner’s Go Down, Moses All the stories in Go Down, Moses had a common thread: the McCaslin family. One story, however, stood out from the rest for lacking a McCaslin main character. This story was, of course, “Pantaloon in Black.” At first, I thought this story of grief was almost a beautiful love story. When Rider lost his wife and first love, he was so grief-stricken he didn’t even care to live. However, the conclusion on the story took any beauty out of this tragedy.... [tags: Faulkner’s Go Down Moses]
696 words (2 pages)
- Down with the Sickness In 2010 popular media icons were comedians such as Jay Leno or Conan O’Brien. Fast forward to 2016 Donald Trump has become the most viral media icon across the world. These iconic men share many features for example: having abnormal amounts of money, making people laugh, and having outrageous hair. But there is a huge difference between Leno or O’Brien and Mr. Trump. Donald Trump is running for the American presidency. How has someone comparable to comedians become a front runner for the Republican Primary candidacy.... [tags: Donald Trump, Ivana Trump, Fred Trump]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- Hand eye coordination is used every day in just about everything. Athletes need good hand eye coordination if you just want to be a decent player. When shooting a basketball you need to be able to know how to shoot a basketball and you need to be sure you know your dominate hand and dominate eye to see the best results. The way people shoot a free throw has been done pretty much the same way for years. People walk up to the line and right handers put their right foot in the middle of the line, while lined up with the hoop.... [tags: depth-perception, free throw, balance]
806 words (2.3 pages)
- To be able to understand Ellison’s use of irony it is important to keep in mind the point of view in which the short fictions are written in to see the good society. Ellison’s first short story, A Party Down at the Square, tells of the lynching of an African American male during a storm, that is seen through the, “kind of innocent, child’s eye, first-person point of view” (Rodgers) making little of the situation. While an adult would know of the severity of the situation and all the events occurring, the narrator thought, “all that in one night, and all of the storm over one nigger” (Ellison, Flying Home and Other Stories 11), showing the innocent and ironic point of view the narrator provid... [tags: African American, Short story, Baltimore]
1056 words (3 pages)
- "What you say we go down shore and see what the storm brung in?" says Richard. "Ya, bet we get ourselves some fresh lobster out some ole' trap we find washed up!" exclaims Chester. "Martha, get us our coats while we find dem damn boots!" says Richard. The two men get their boots, grab their jackets and head for the beach. They two men walk for about an until a shiny object catches the corner of Chesters eye. "Hey Rich, I think I see something over there, lets go check it out," says Chester.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- Man Down Repelling down from a hovering Black Hawk helicopter, running through the streets in a foreign city, bullets hissing past your ears, bombs are exploding all around you, debris flying in all directions, and you have a job to do. In Black Hawk Down, director Ridley Scott mixes a wide variety of camera movement, camera angles, film speed, tone, and music to throw the audience into the thick of the fighting in Mogadishu, Somalia. Scott places the viewer into the boots of Delta Force members, ARMY Rangers, and many other military positions allowing you to experience the nightmare these soldiers are going through.... [tags: Movie Film Review]
1892 words (5.4 pages)