The Thrill of Mountain Bike Riding
Have you ever experienced the excitement of mountain bike riding? You start pedaling and off you go on a mountain bike nature trail. At first, when you start pedaling going up that first hill your legs start to burn like there is no tomorrow. But, all of a sudden you reach that hill, and gain the confidence that you can do this. The next hill is bigger, and you need to remember to shift your gears while pedaling harder. “Mountain biking is not a series of obstacles, but a succession of opportunities. Every rock, every log, every hill offers an opportunity to better your skills and broaden your experience” (King and Kaminer 145). Mountain bike riding is a lot of fun, but the safety needs come first and the right equipment is a priority. Mountain bike riding has many opportunities that are filled with excitement and pain; however, the safety needs come first.
Furthermore, the safety of mountain biking is a priority, and having the right equipment goes hand in hand with safety. The mountain bike needs to be the right size for the person because a bike too big or too small can create chronic pain as well as unnecessary falls. There are many mountain bikes to choose from, and it depends on your budget. “Mountain biking is a great sport but it can also be a dangerous one so we always recommend wearing a helmet” (BikeRadar pars 5). The helmet should fit snug, and not block your vision. Another safety tip is to wear gloves with the fingers protruding about inch from the gloves. The gloves will protect in the event you fall and from soreness of the handlebars. Eye protection is always highly suggested because a gnat or a foreign object could hit the...
... middle of paper ...
...h other goals in life. However, the biker feels such defeat and the pain is pure agony, when they fall climbing a steep hill or crossing a log and rocks. The thrill of mountain biking creates the opportunities to excel, and the triumphs defiantly outwit the failures. In addition, there is the added bonus of aerobic fitness that increases the flow of oxygen to the muscles and vital organs of the body. The person that is physical fit has the advantages of being stronger, as well having endurance and flexibility.
King, David and Michael Kaminer. The Mountain Bike Experience:A Complete Introduction to the Joys of Off-Road Riding. New York: Henry Holt, 1996.Kindle
Schnofield, Ruth. “Beginner’s guide to mountain biking, part 1.” Bikeradar.com. web. 23 October 2009.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Heart racing and adrenaline pumping, John pushes the throttle on the bike, he goes ten, fifteen, twenty miles per hour and next thing you know, John is gone. The need for speed has always been in high demand. Fast cars, fast boats, and the thrill of having the wind blow in your hair is what evolved a simple bicycle into a heavenly creation. The average speed riding neutral on a course fourteen point three miles on a bicycle is between fifteen and seventeen miles per hour (“The Average Speed Page”).... [tags: Motorized Bikes, vehicles, history, inventions, ]
1944 words (5.6 pages)
- I know you enjoy the feeling of freedom that you drive your car and go to anywhere at any time. But if you decide to go to school at the morning, I suggest you do better to drive your car to the school as early as you can; since you are hard to find a spot at school. According to the Triton Review, it says “If you are here for a class at just about any time, you’ll be circling the parking lot for a while” (Thompson). If you are worried about you cannot find a parking spots on campus; Public transportation or bicycle are the great ways to help you to move from your home and to the campus.... [tags: Transportation]
593 words (1.7 pages)
- Physics of a Mountain Bike This paper will discuss some of the physics involved in bicycles. Specifically, mountain bikes with suspension. A bicycle is a very energy efficient vehicle. Its wheels allow its rider to make full use of inertia and gravitational potential energy. The basic design of a bicycle has been around for over 100 years and compared to other things, has changed very little. Some of the topics that will be covered are: frames, wheels, suspension forks, suspension frames, brakes and how all these things affect speed, momentum and stability.... [tags: Physics Papers]
1800 words (5.1 pages)
- Are you a thrill seeker or not. When I first read this question I would definitely say yes. I like to try new things but I know the difference in thrill seeking and dumb things. What even is a thrill seeker. Someone that craves a little risk in their life. To increase the stimulation impacting on me I do different things, like hanging out with friends, going to concerts, listening to music, taking random trips to the beach, going shopping.I like to go out for drives and explore new things. I don’t like quiet evenings at home, or enjoy being bored.... [tags: Personality psychology, Trait theory, Risk]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- The film genre of the Western has long since proven to be more about the conflict and showdowns that occur in the storyline. Usually the western genre incorporates traditional western motifs and icons and adheres to those common plot structures of the genre, but Brokeback Mountain is different from what is to be normally expected because it does not seem like a traditional and conventional Western film at all. Brokeback Mountain has several different twists to it, like the more modern take on it – traditionally, characters in Western films were riding horses, but because Brokeback Mountain is a more modern movie, the two characters Jack and Ennis are seen traveling in cars and... [tags: Brokeback Mountain Essays]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- The Passion of Mountain Bikes It has been a decade in the making, but the mountain bike has become a passion for many people. Along with this passion it has also become the most environmental way to get from point A to B. It has gone through a very intense evolution process over the past decade. It all started with some guys from California who took their bikes out for a ride on their day off, they modified their bikes and turned a hobby of theirs into a worldwide phenomenon. The mountain bike's rapid increase in popularity was influenced by social and economic situations, and by technological improvements that had the needs of bike riders in mind.... [tags: Mountain Bikes Transportation Essays]
4906 words (14 pages)
- It was a chilly, wind gusting day. Sitting in the dark waiting for the thrill of a lifetime to arrive. I can hear something crunching the leaves, walking right down the steep hillside. All I can think about is the deer that could be heading my way. That was the moment before the big buck, it was exhilarating to me because of my family tradition, the thrill of the hunt, and the reward I was about to take. Many traditions take place often, but mine only happens once month out of a year, November.... [tags: Deer, Hunting, Deer hunting]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- Mountain biking is enjoyed by millions of people throughout the year, and is attracting more and more people everyday. Physics plays a vital role in this sport and without it, mountain biking would have no challenges and would cease to exist. The concept of mountain biking is simple. Just take your primitive bike riding skills, and ride trails found off the beaten path. From this notion of riding a bike, an Olympic sport has evolved and many people have found meaning and joy in their lives. m = mass of bike and rider g = gravitational force A= acceleration mu = kinetic friction coefficient · Inertial Forces = m *A · Frictional Force = mu * m * g * cos(theta) · Gravitational Force = m * g *... [tags: physics sport sports bike cycle biking]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- Starting a Business: Mo's Mountain Bike Shop My Business is going to be a mountain bike shop. I have decided to name the shop “Mo’s Mountain Bikes” The shop logo is; [IMAGE] I am calling my business this as it is a catchy name, and the logo is very eye-catching, and could potentially attract potential customers. I have reached the decision that my business will be a sole-trader as I would like to have total responsibility over the business and my employers.... [tags: Papers]
404 words (1.2 pages)
- Therapeutic riding is usually done with children because its easier for their bones to mend and recover. The goal of physical therapy for children with cerabal palsy is to decrease the influence of abnormal muscle tone. There are a few different types of therapy that uses horses. Hippo therapy means- treatment with the help of a horse from the greek word hippo. Hippo therapy is generally used for people with mild to severe neuromusculoskeletal dysfunction. Hippo therapy is not for every patient with disabilities.... [tags: Riding Programs]
718 words (2.1 pages)