When trying to find the meaning of a song one must review the three main qualities of music; sound, lyrics, and the video. Artist and writers express their emotions by telling a story. Artists hope the listener is able to feel something or want to dance and move. Twenty one pilots a band under the genre of rap rock released a single called “Stressed Out”. This song tells the story of two young adults undergoing the pressures of growing up. Hearing the uproar in the beats, watching the video of the band members dealing with their family, and hearing the lyrics of the song depict the troubles and pressures you endure when you are older. The song’s message and meaning is explicit. The song, “Pumped up Kicks”, was created by an indie pop band named Foster the People. When paying attention to the lyrics of “Pumped up Kicks”, you picture a serial killer trying to shoot young children. The video shows the band members having fun. This song has an implicit meaning, which I hidden. This song has an upbeat feel and seems like a song you can dance and move to, but when listening to the lyrics there is a far deeper meaning. The lyrics of the song are very depressing but the beat is cheerful. By using the three qualities of music it is easy to find a song’s meaning and whether the song is explicit or implicit.
Twenty One Pilots single “Stressed out” is considered a rap and rock song. The genre rap rock is a mixed genre with rock beats in the background with instruments like the electric guitar and drums infused with rap vocals. Even though song does not follow the usual parameters of a rap song it can still be considered one. The singer is rapping with different beats then your usual rap song. The songs starts off s...
... middle of paper ...
...und, lyrics, and video is actually very useful in identifying a song’s meaning. Listening to the sounds, watching the video, and hearing the lyrics will help you understand if a song is explicit or implicit. Pumped of Kicks is a good example in that the song has a message that is not clear by the video or sound on its own. The lyrics tell a different story and the lyrics are still a bit cheerful making the meaning of the song harder to understand then most songs. Using the three qualities can actually help identify the genre of the song, for example in the song “Stressed out” the sound of the music is rock and the video shows the band actually rocking out; the singer is rapping in the song making a rap and rock song. In using the three qualities of music; sound, lyrics, and video you can actually understand the full meaning of a song.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Am I what I buy. Do my possessions reflect and even influence who I am as a person. To answer this question, I must first consider the qualities of a human being. I assert that my skills, personality, and character make up who I am. My purchases reflect these elements of my nature, but do my belongings have the power to influence me. Most would agree that motivation plays a large role in whether a person develops his or her skills. Does a person’s consumerism also play a part in his or her occupations or pastimes.... [tags: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- DESCRIPTION: The career as broadcast or sound technicians and radio operators requires technical skill in the candidate. Broadcasting technicians and Sound Technicians can achieve a successful career with the increase in experience. KEYWORDS: Broadcast Technicians, Sound Technicians, Radio operators, Ham Radio Operators, Amateur Radio Operators, Sound Operators, Sound Engineering Technicians SYNOPSIS: 1. Broadcast Technicians, Sound Technicians, Radio Operators. 2. Tasks 3. Qualifications Required 4. Other necessary Skills 5. Place of Work 6. Job Opportunities 7. Remuneration 8. Job Progress 9. Employment Forecast Broadcast Technicians, Sound Technicians, Radio Operators Broadcast techn... [tags: Job Description]
1002 words (2.9 pages)
- It wouldn’t be a surprise if I were to start this essay by telling you that as a child, I spent most of my time drawing and loving it. It’s something that most of us start loving when we’re little, our appreciation for art starts out when we’re most curious and ignorant about our surroundings. As a little kid, I spent most of my time drawing cartoon characters and abnormal shapes that just seemed funny and original to me. As time progress, only a few of us maintain this type of appreciation for art and for some of us, it diverse into something else.... [tags: Career Essays]
969 words (2.8 pages)
- ... Studio Arts facilitates the recognition of individual personal potentials in art making developments (Colwell 126). There is establishment of effective art practices focusing mainly on the art making through the adoption of appropriate designs for the artist or students folio of artwork production. Studio practice is a core major area of concern putting emphasis in coming up with a model that supports an artwork i.e. music practice. Analysis of visual artworks enables one to investigate and determine individual artist’s sources of inspiration in music composition and their art making influences.... [tags: practices, styles, modern media technology]
1301 words (3.7 pages)
- Billy Joel once stated, “I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music” (“Music Quotes Page. . .”). Although many instruments exist to enlighten the human existence, two of the most stimulating are the piano and the singing voice. While piano and singing both create poignant music, they differ due to the instruments themselves, the training involved, and the musician’s individuality.... [tags: Music]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- Billy Joel once said, “I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music” (“Music Quotes”). Although many instruments exist to enliven human existence, two of the most stimulating are the piano and the voice. While piano and singing both create poignant music, they differ due to the instruments themselves, the training involved, and the musician’s individuality. A traditional piano consists of strings, keys, hammers, pedals and pieces of wood (“Piano”).... [tags: Music]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- When a person places ear buds into their ears and presses play on their phone or mp3, they suddenly get a rush of electrical signals generated by their device. With the signals flowing through the copper wires that connect the device to the ear buds, the vibrations emerge from the ear buds into the ear canal. The vibrations are then transported through the auditory system to the brain to be transposed into what people call music. These signals and vibrations are called sound waves. But what really is music.... [tags: sound waves, vibrations]
1329 words (3.8 pages)
- Pro Tools: “The” Music Software Today as never before and changing the history of music, using the software Pro Tools allows musicians to enjoy at home a professional recording studio and its benefits. Pro Tools is a digital audio workstation software, developed and manufactured by Avid Technology. To work properly you only need a computer, either Microsoft Windows or Mac OS operating systems, an interface (M Box or Rack Factory), speakers, microphones, and electronic stuff. Pro Tools is widely used by musicians in all levels and professionals throughout the audio industries for recording and editing in music productions.... [tags: World of Music, Music Software]
1134 words (3.2 pages)
- Most people in the world listen to music quite often, but when they are asked to define the word music they’re at a lost for words. It’s almost impossible to find a definition for music that can be accepted universally. When I heard the first two FIV videos I was a bit confused with how it would tie in with the course. If I were to view both of these videos before taking this course I wouldn’t necessarily define these as music. I found the first video of the man singing the Tuvin melodies quite interesting.... [tags: Music, Tempo, Sound, Musical notation]
703 words (2 pages)
- "He who understands nothing but chemistry does not truly understand chemistry either" Georg Christoph Lichtenberg (1742-1799) Music is not purely a form of art. There is a great deal of science that goes behind the production of beautiful musical sounds. In order to understand how music is possible, one must have an understanding of physics. Physics allows us to create musical instruments with different tone qualities and the ability to be played in a certain way to produce a specific pitch or note.... [tags: physics music sound]
866 words (2.5 pages)
- An Analysis Of ' The ' Of ' Evelyn '
- The Effects Of Domestic Violence On Children
- Importance Of Formal Written Examinations Are A Good Way For Assess Knowledge At School?
- How Do Cross Border E Commerce Retailer And Daigous Industry Faced China 's New Tax Policies
- Crime, Pursuing Justice, And Stopping The Bad Guys
- Violent Behavior And Crime Within The Urban Community