I’ll start off talking about the roles and duties of these three accounting professions. A Chartered Accountant’s role or purpose is “providing professional advice, aiming to maximise profitability on behalf of their client or employer and undertaking financial audits”1. A Chartered Accountant has many things to do for a living. They have to review the company systems and analyze the risks involved, perform tests to check financial information, advise clients on business transactions and maintaining and preparing accounting records for businesses 2. They also help with “financial reporting, taxation, auditing, forensic accounting, corporate finance, business recovery and insolvency, and accounting systems and processes”2.
A Certified General Accountant role is to be “responsible for ensuring the effective operation of accounting and financial activities within public sector organisations”3. Although a Certified General Accountant has a lot of responsibilities, they also have many duties. They have to develop and manage financial management systems and policies, make financial decisions and prepare and monitor budgets and accounts, prepare reports on annual accounts and budget information for the auditor and check credit invoices and charge customers for service fees 4. A Certified Management Accountant’s role is to look into the future of a business. “They analyse the performance of a business and advise on how to pre-empt problems,...
... middle of paper ...
AGCAS editors, . "Prospects." Certified General Accountant. AGCAS. Web. 20 Jan 2014.
http://www.prospects.ac.uk/certified _ general_accountant_job_description.htm
Sermon, N.. "Prospects." Certified Management Accountant. AGCAS. Web. 20 Jan 2014.
"Career cruising." Chartered accountants. N.p.. Web. 20 Jan 2014.
"Career cruising." Certified General accountants. N.p.. Web. 20 Jan 2014.
"Career cruising." Certified Management accountants. N.p.. Web. 20 Jan 2014.
George, Syme. Accounting . 7th Edition. Toronto: Pearson Canada, 2013. 8-9. Print.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- To help accounting professionals easily navigate through 50-plus years of unorganized US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and standards the Trustees of the Financial Accounting Foundation approved the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Accounting Standards Codification (Codification.) By codifying authoritative US GAAP, FASB will provide users with real-time and accurate information in one location. Concurrently, FASB developed the FASB Codification Research System; a web-based system allowing registered users to electronically research accounting issues.... [tags: Accounting]
946 words (2.7 pages)
- Every human being in this world is unique and each individual has different ways in which they learn. Learning styles have been formulated over the years to help us recognize the way we approach learning and methods we use to gain knowledge. It is an individual's distinctive approach to learning based on strengths, weaknesses, and preference with a mixture of various styles. In this essay, we will take a look at different learning styles and how they can be implemented and integrated in the accounting profession.... [tags: Business Accounting Learning]
1076 words (3.1 pages)
- From an early age, I have always had a keen interest in the world of accounting. From studying Accounting at A-level, I have gained further knowledge into this particular subject of my choice. I am currently studying A-levels in Accounting, Chemistry and ICT. I also done Biology but chose not continue the subject into second year. Each of these subjects has given me many different options to apply for at university. The subject I am most interested in studying at university is financial accounting at various university available to me.... [tags: Accounting, ]
483 words (1.4 pages)
- An accountant’s job duties are to compile, examine, confirm, and prepare financial statements that include the profit and loss analysis of a given organization/corporation (Ferguson). A typical day would entail working indoors, assessing information and evaluating “best-practices” to recommend (“Accountants”). Some of the main skills that are required form an accountant would be to have analytical, problem-solving, communication, math, and organizational skills (“Accountants”). These skills go hand in hand with everything pertaining to an accountant’s job, for there is slight to nonexistent room for error (Ferguson).... [tags: career choices]
832 words (2.4 pages)
- Title Accounting Career Resorces Accounting my field of study The purpose of accounting is to provide the information that needed to make sound economic decisions. It is one of the oldest professions in the world today, and the backbone of any business operation. It is not just about numbers, accounting is about planning. Accounting has many subfields, which includes management accounting, financial accounting, and cost accounting. Accounting can be a prestigious career, but to achieve that prestige you will have pass the CPA (Certified Public Accountant) exam and become a licensed accountant, and with that license you can work in any of the subfields.... [tags: Accounting]
1868 words (5.3 pages)
- When it comes to choosing a major in college, it is important that you pick a major that you will enjoy working in for the some part of your life. How does one make that decision. There are several different factors that play a role in choosing a major; or there was for me at least. When I looked into business for my intended major the first thing that came to my mind was not if I was going to enjoy working in some kind of business environment because I already new I would like that. Instead I looked at other aspects or values that a business degree offers.... [tags: Business Accounting]
1264 words (3.6 pages)
- Once upon a time, Luca Pacioli wrote a math book. It was just a little survey and should have been treated like ordinary books of the time and read and then disappeared into historical archives and forgotten. A few brief chapters on practical mathematics made this one special. The time was 1494. Columbus had discovered America just two years before. The author was a Franciscan monk. The chapter on practical mathematics addressed mathematics in business. He said that the successful merchant needs three things: sufficient cash or credit, an accounting system that can tell him how he¡¯s doing, and good bookkeeper to operate it.... [tags: Accounting Accountancy]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- Introduction Financial statements What carries out the accounting and financial forecasting of any type of company is financial statement. As for financial statement, it is a financial report or record compiled usually on a quarterly and annual basis which quantitatively provides the indication of an individual’s, an organization’s, or business’s financial status. There are, according to belief of most experts, generally three financial statements such as: an income statement (Pro Forma Profit and Loss), a balance sheet and a cash flow statement.... [tags: Accounting]
1627 words (4.6 pages)
- The Financial Accounting Standards Board is board of seven independent members who are accounting professionals that was developed in 1973. This seven member group is responsible for communicating the standards that are in place for financial accounting and reporting that takes place in the United States. Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) are the standards that are used by the FASB to govern the way in which corporations prepare their financial reports. This process of utilizing these standards to maintain and report accounting files is the only method that the US Securities and Exchange Commission will accept.... [tags: Business Accounting Finance]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- Accounting Introduction The financial information is a very important matter in a company success. Allow them to see if they have been successful in the past, in the present and help them to predict a future performance of you company. The form, the use and the people involve with the financial and accounting information in a company is going to be developed in this report. Accounting Knowing the status of your company in every single area will allow you to improve your performance and developed strategies with a solid background for a successful operation.... [tags: Business Accounting Finance]
1235 words (3.5 pages)