Theories of Personality
Individuals have different behaviors depending on how they feel, think, want, or what they do because these things change from moment to moment. This paper will be writing about personality and how this can be influence by different factors. The writer will explain how personality can be in a child learning environment and influential adults in life and how these influences shape those behaviors. These changes show how the personality is and help to recognize, and understand the individual.
“Personality is an abstraction used to explain consistency and coherency in an individuals’ pattern of affects, cognitions, desires and behaviors” (Revelle, n.d).According to Feist and Feist,”personality is a pattern of relatively permanent traits and unique characteristics that give both consistency and individuality to a person’s behavior. Traits contribute to individual differences in behavior, consistency of behavior over time, and stability of behavior across situations. Characteristics are unique qualities of an individual; these characteristics include temperament, physique, and intelligence” (Feist and Feist, 2009).
Theoretical Approaches in the Study of Personality
Sigmund Freud was one who developed his theory in the modern psychology. Psychoanalytic was his theory and consists on the human psyche. The id, the ego and the superego were the beginning basics. The scientists who continued with this investigation were Erich Fromm, Carl Jung, and Erik Erikson. Another theory is Phenomenological. It says that people are inclined toward goodness and fulfilling ones potential. Abraham Maslow was the scientist who reviewed this theory. Behaviorist, another theory says that personality is when the ...
... middle of paper ...
...iors are challenging as we will always face those, and our patience, character, and flexibility affect everything. Creating a stimulating environment for a child allows that child to grow and develop into a confident individual who is eager to learn. Every individual needs to respect different personalities in this world. As I always say, children are blank canvas and whatever we paint on them whether we use oil paint, or sparkle paint it will still. That is why as teachers we have to be adamant on our materials and our implementation of lessons.
Feist, J., & Feist, G. J. (2009). Theories of Personality, Seventh Edition. Retrieved from http://ecampus.phoenix.edu/content/eBook
Revelle, W. (n.d.). Experimental Approaches to the Study of Personality. Retrieved from http:// http://www.personality-project.org/revelle/publications/exp.person.pdf
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction In the field of psychology, personality refers to the unique characteristics and behavior patterns that distinguish one individual from another. Personality can be a complex spectrum to evaluate. Personality of is not always stable and may change over time for different reasons such as shocking events, education, and environment to name a few. The study and assessment of personality has been used to describe and discover from severe mental disorders to assist self-awareness. Personality inventories are a method to assess personality traits.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- A personality is something unique that everyone has; though a group of people might fit into a single block—everyone experiences and reacts to situations differently. According to Carl Jung and Isabel Myer-Briggs, there are 16 varying types of personality that are centered around eight contradictory preferences of general attitude (introversion vs. extroversion), perception (intuition vs. sensing), judging (thinking vs. feeling), and the way of processing the above information by either being more dominant in judging or perceiving.... [tags: Personality psychology, Psychology]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- A Swedish singer and songwriter name Lykke Li once self-proclaimed that “I am such a complex person. I have so many different layers to my personality to choose from. I am super-sensitive, and I am super-strong.” Now Lykke Li is a singer and songwriter that, up until it came time for me to write this paper, I had no clue who she was. But the essence of her quote is so bona fide that it can almost pertain to any person when their type of personality enters their mind. Personality is the sum of all experiences that we as people have encountered over certain periods of life and, for me, taking this personality quiz was somewhat eye opening how certain experiences and how my childhood life and... [tags: Psychology, Personality psychology, Trait theory]
773 words (2.2 pages)
- Personality tests tell a person a lot about why a person is who they have become. I believe that these test if taken truthfully can identify deficiencies that individuals can work on to benefit not only themselves but others in the organizations that they work in. Some models state that it is in human nature and chemicals that decided how a person acts but I believe it is based on life experiences and a personality can change as long as a person knows the deficiencies and works to change them. Personality Test Taking a personality test is something that I have had to do a few times.... [tags: Personality psychology, Personality type]
1566 words (4.5 pages)
- Personality testing is very interesting in that there are some things you know about yourself and others you do not. I have always been the one with the plan, take charge and make it happen. Many times my family wants to just not have a plan and that makes me uncomfortable. My type A personality coupled with the need for organization and structure at times gets in the way of creative inspiration. Knowing about myself will help me to become a better leader, in that I see the frustrations my personality traits might bring to others.... [tags: Personality psychology, Personality]
1415 words (4 pages)
- Often, I have taken personality tests online to determine what my “actual” personality type is. Some have been helpful and others have been completely different from who I feel that I am. After taking the 16 personalities test, I feel the results to be very accurate. There were some things that I did not agree with, but, majority of what I read describes me to a tee. Personality is defined as the visible aspect of one’s character as it impresses others (www.dictionary.com). The results from my 16 personalities test reveal that I am an ESFJ personality, also known as “The Consul”.... [tags: Personality psychology, Personality type]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- During hiring process, employers use a wide variety of tests to choose the best candidate for their company. These tests are used to eliminate candidates that are not fit for the company. The personality test, is one of many that is being used in many organizations as a means of making a hiring decision. It has been studied that personality traits predict success in job performance. Having the ability to judge the candidate before hiring can ultimately forecast how fit the employee is for the company.... [tags: Personality psychology]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- Personality tests are having multiple numbers of questions that provide the information to know better about the person. This information is helpful for the organizations to put the candidate or employee in the right position. Today in organizations, as the teams are handling multiple projects at same time, so by knowing the personality type of each team member will help to complete the project on time without wasting time on surprised behavior. According to some source, 50% of organization started using this personality test during hiring the candidates and they found good results by managing the candidates according to their personality types.... [tags: Personality psychology]
1046 words (3 pages)
- Thoeries of Evolution Evolution is the process by which living organisms originated on earth and have changed their forms to adapt to the changing environment. The earliest known fossil organisms are the single-celled forms resembling modern bacteria; they date from about 3.4 billion years ago. Evolution has resulted in successive radiations of new types of organisms, many of which have become extinct, but some of which have developed into the present fauna and flora of the world (Wilson 17).... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1809 words (5.2 pages)
- A quote that I live by is, “People don't always behave the way you want them to, but it doesn't mean the way they behave is wrong.” This says to me that I cannot change anyone because I do not understand or like the way someone does something. Trying to do this is trying to change one’s human personality. Human personality is what makes a person distinctive, unique, and exceptional. Every person has a different personality and some personalities mesh better than others. Human personality should always be praised and no one should ever put anyone down for having a different personality.... [tags: Personality]
492 words (1.4 pages)