Jet is an Australian Band who is made up of Cameron Muncey (Lead Guitarist), Mark Wilson (Bassist), Nic Cester (Vocals/rhythm guitar and drums) and Chris Cester (Vocals/rhythm and guitar). In-text: (AllMusic, 2014)
The band formed during college in Melbourne in 2001 with influence “The Who, “AC/DC”, “The Beatles” and their main influence “You am I”.
Jet released their first album in 2003 “Get Born” produced by Dave Sardy and James Donavan in Sunset Sound Studios Los Angeles. Their EP “Dirty Sweet” was relased the year before (2002), which gained them an offer from Elektra Records for a contract.
The Reason behind the name
The main reason the band name itself ‘Jet” in 2001 was because the band wanted a short name, was that it would be easy to understand and easy to read. Also that when it would appear in advertisements it would be large and in bold print. This was so that it would stand out and be easy to remember. This was a good decision on the bands behalf as the name is very well known, it is easy to remember and understand. As the name is only three letters we are able to read them quickly and they are often in large bold print so that the name takes up just as much room as other bands names. As the whole band agreed on the name and the reasoning for it, it was a very good decision and one the band still stands by.
Jet are not just exclusive to one record label they have used a select few throughout the years, starting with Elektra Records Who re-recorded their Ep in 2002. Moving through the years they used Atlantic, EMI Music Group and Rubber Recording labels. Making the decisions to not exclusively work with one label could have gone both ways for the band as it could have meant that t...
... middle of paper ...
...essed: 31 Mar 2014].
Rokpool.com. 2011. Are You Gonna Be My Girl | The Ultimate Rock and Pop Music History Website - ROKPOOL. [online] Available at: http://www.rokpool.com/taxonomy/term/8943 [Accessed: 31 Mar 2014].
Rolling Stone. 2014. Music News: Latest and Breaking Music News | Rolling Stone. [online] Available at: http://www.rollingstone.com/news [Accessed: 31 Mar 2014].
Smh.com.au. 2014. Jet takes on KFC - Music - www.smh.com.au. [online] Available at: http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/06/22/1087844921870.html?from=storyrhs [Accessed: 31 Mar 2014].
Thesindrome.com. 2014. CHART BITE – 25/04/10 | the SINdrome. [online] Available at: http://thesindrome.com/music/chart-bite-250410/ [Accessed: 31 Mar 2014].
Vmusic.com.au. 2012. Jet split up. [online] Available at: http://www.vmusic.com.au/pages/main-menu/news/latest-news/jet-split-up [Accessed: 2 Apr 2014].
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the midst of a freezing winter day, Appalachian State’s football teams endured a gut wrenching loss to the Montana Grizzlies, 17-24. It was December 12, 2009 and the chance to play for the FCS (Football Championship Subdivision) title game was up for grabs. Montana drove seventy-three yards in two minutes and fourteen seconds to score a touchdown with a minute left. Appalachian countered with its own drive down the field but was unable to score. However, the most amazing part wasn’t the game itself; it was the fans.... [tags: Sports, Fans, ]
520 words (1.5 pages)
- Forget about One Direction, Simple Plan is the absolute best. They’re the best for so many reasons. To name a few, their songs are relatable, They care about their fans, they donate to charity and they are all great guys. That’s just a few reasons. The band is made up of 5 guys from Montreal, Canada. For the past 14 years, the members have been Sebastien Lefebvre, Pierre Bouvier, Chuck Comeau and David Desrosiers. “What’s the point of fighting over little things if it can break up the big thing?” Sebastien said in an interview.... [tags: fans, music, charity]
609 words (1.7 pages)
- Water Jet Cutting It is common practice to shape the world around us. By utilizing manufacturing processes we employ machines and raw materials to form final products and apply them to our surroundings. These applications are anything that changes a once stock or raw material into a usable item intended for a specified purpose. Manufacturing processes for example are things such as heat treating, machining, bending, grinding and cutting of the initial product. One kind of machine that is important to industry is called a waterjet.... [tags: Water jet cutter, Water, Garnet]
2211 words (6.3 pages)
- My object of analysis is going to be “boy bands” which I am defining as “a band of boys usually playing pop music that is marketed towards young women.” I am going to specifically look at the band 5 Seconds of Summer and I am going to look at how their music and success becomes undermined because their target audience is primarily young women. I am going to do this using feminist theory and this project will examine how ideologies regarding the connection between young women and the band itself being written off artistically are almost embedded within society, in that people say things such as “this band sucks” without ever really listening due to their classification as a boy band.... [tags: Sociology, Feminism, Music genre, The Band]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- In the midst of a freezing, winter day, Appalachian State’s football teams endured a gut wrenching loss to the Montana Grizzlies, 17-24. It was December 12, 2009 and the chance to play for the FCS title game was up for grabs. Montana drove seventy-three yards in two minutes and fourteens seconds to score a touchdown with a minute left. Appalachian proceeded to drive down the field but was unable to score. Although, the most amazing thing wasn’t the game itself. It was the fans. While watching the game from a warm house, it was apparent that there are many different types of fans.... [tags: sports, fans,]
527 words (1.5 pages)
- One could make the argument that the quest for supersonic transport began on October 14, 1947, when Chuck Yeager reached Mach 1.06 in the Bell X-1 (Rediess, 2012). Since the 1950s, dreamers have envisioned technological advancements, including supersonic transport, most of which failed to materialize (Cochrane, 2012). Today, developers must ask the question, ‘Is a world, where the only commercial supersonic aircraft is retired (Candel, 2004), ready for a supersonic business jet?’ At least one company believes it is.... [tags: business jet, aerion, supersonic flight]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- The SCRAMJET, simply abbreviated from Supersonic Combustion Ramjet, is the latest evolution of the jet engine family. NASA made the news with each test of the X-43A scramjet craft, so I set about to discover why this type of jet engine should garner so much scientific attention. Turbojet The most basic jet engine is the turbojet. As soon as the air enters the front of the engine, the blades of the compressor, compresses the air before funneling it into the combustion chamber. During the compression, not only is the density of the air increased by compressing it in a confined chamber, but the temperature of the air also increases as the air molecules of squeezed closer together.... [tags: physics jet engine]
1481 words (4.2 pages)
- The Basics A jet engine can be divided into several distinct sections: intake, compressor, diffuser, combustion chamber, turbine, and exhaust. These sections are much like the different cycles in a four-stroke reciprocating engine: intake, compression, power and exhaust. In a four-stroke engine a fuel/air mixture is is brought into the engine (intake), compressed (compression), and finally ignited and pushed out the exhaust (power and exhaust). In it's most basic form, a jet engine works in much the same way.... [tags: physics jet jets engine engines]
1984 words (5.7 pages)
- Jet Propulsion Propulsion is a word that is derived from two Latin words: pro meaning before or forwards and pellere meaning to drive. To push forward or drive an object forward is Propulsion. A propulsion system produces thrust to push an object forward. Newton’s third law is the basis of the generation of thrust on airplanes. The engine accelerates a gas, and the reaction to this acceleration produces a force on the engine. Different propulsion systems generate thrust in slightly different ways.... [tags: essays research papers]
362 words (1 pages)
- MILES DAVIS This is my report on Miles Davis that I have written for band class. When I first started I didn't even have a clue who Miles Davis was. But for the past week I have been working on this report I have began to realize the amazing life that this famous musician has lived. So I hope you learn as much as I did on this wonderful trumpeter. Even in the beginning he was already miles ahead. It's very evident that Miles knew and lived by that old axiom if it's named, then it's outmoded.... [tags: essays research papers]
621 words (1.8 pages)
- Religion is Detrimental to Society and the Individual
- Media's Representation of old Gender Stereotypes
- Discuss the Role Leadership Plays in Shaping Organisational Cultures
- William the Conqueror, Always Getting the Job Done
- Issue of Child Endangerment
- The Not So Fairytale Side Of International Adoption