It is worth to say, people recognize their hidden power and capabilities when something bad happens to them. Bad time enables people to better understand themselves and make them able to struggle for their goals. Success gets those people who struggle for it not those who wait for other people to come and make them strengthen. Everything has its ups and downs and it is the reality of life. The heart is a good example to illustrate the phenomenon of ups and downs when hearts beat keeps on beating life moves on when it stop beating then death occurs and all ends up. As it is stated in Quran, God never alter the condition ...
... middle of paper ...
Disraeli, Benjamin, Brainy Quote, Web. 20th October, 2013.
50 Famously Successful People Who Failed At First. OnlineColeege.org. 16th February, 2010. Web. 20th Oct, 2013.
Nietzsche, Friedrich, Brainy Quote, Web. 20th Oct. 2013.
Matt Linderman. Thomas Edison Ideas. 37signals.com. 23rd October, 2007. Web. 20th October, 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Adversity: a difficult situation or tragedy In what ways has adversity touched your life and shaped your view of the future. How do you anticipate “paying it forward” as you pursue your higher education and beyond. If you were to say you have never faced adversity in your life you are either lying or in denial because no matter how privileged, sheltered or loved you are, you have surely faced some sort of adversity. We face small adversities on a daily basis, but it is the larger, more difficult adversities that change our views of ourselves, our lives and the future.... [tags: Pay It Forward, English-language films, Thing]
1220 words (3.5 pages)
- Each day teachers around the world are working to mold the future by changing the understanding or others thru education. The results of impacting and touching lives is the ultimate joy in being able to see the difference teachers make as students gain new perceptions. Without teachers who would develop character and provide students with the skills they need to reach their full potential while leading productive lives. Adversity is the motivator for some of us to achieve the dreams and goals of our lives.... [tags: Higher education, University, Academic degree]
1048 words (3 pages)
- Diversity Equals Adversity Rather than creating a world filled with the most creative and independent thinkers, the crippling educational system that has been implemented by society over the years focuses on filling a countless number of overcrowded institutions that produce ‘mindless consumers and employees’. According to an article written by a former New York City Teacher of the Year, John Taylor Gatto, wrote Against School, explaining the flaws in a modern ‘compulsory’ school system have dramatic effects on the student body and faculty.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Benjamin Barber]
1245 words (3.6 pages)
- Adversity It was the classic high school romance: she was the cheerleader, gymnast, and a sprinter. He played football, basketball, and baseball. She was a junior and he was a freshman, but that didn’t matter. They spent countless times together- he used to either come watch her during gymnastics or call her immediately after practice. She went to all his games. Neither of them worked, but they had each other. Their relationship was exceptional. On Valentine’s Day, he cooked her chicken for dinner, and it made her throw up.... [tags: High school, Mother, Parent, Family]
1209 words (3.5 pages)
- The Great Recession: Texas Growth After Economic Adversity During the great recession in 2007, many Texas citizens believed their dreams were shattered. Even though, the great recession had tainted Texas citizen’s lives forever, then, Texas economy has grown and is expanding. Texas has remained a top state for jobs and is growing still, Population has increased, and Texas was ranked number two for the percentage of change in personal income growth by state. First, Texas has one of the fastest and largest growing economies in the United States.... [tags: Texas, United States, Late-2000s recession]
2216 words (6.3 pages)
- Many studies have identified biological father absence in young girl’s home life a key predictor of premature sexual activity and adolescent/teen pregnancy (Ellis, 2003, p. 801). Life-course adversity models point to environmental stressors such as divorce, familial conflict, and missing parental control or attention to be some of the outcomes of father absence thus leading to earlier sexual experimentation. Ellis’ (2003) study also focuses on the timing of father absence in an adolescent girl’s life.... [tags: Adolescence, Human sexual behavior, Pregnancy]
1204 words (3.4 pages)
- The light of the typical Ivy League student may not need to sparkle from within because the outside light is radiant; gifted from birth and straight A’s in advanced Shakespeare classes litter the scores of acceptance essays. The light of the atypical Ivy League student, conversely, needs to sparkle from within because of the adversity he may have faced. In order for him to transcend intellectually, he has to find that indomitable spirit. He needs to forge ahead against uncertainty because nothing was paved for him.... [tags: education, adversity, determination]
1575 words (4.5 pages)
- "Jay, never in my mind since you have been on this earth, have I ever doubted any of your abilities or the intelligence you possess…never forget what you went through to even be alive today.” I can remember this exact statement my mother told me as I held back tears. Not tears of sorrow or pain, but tears of gratitude and joy. She whispered them to me a few hours after I graduated from high school receiving an advanced diploma. Overcoming difficult obstacles has seemingly become the “story of my life.” Before being born, my mother had two miscarriages.... [tags: obstacles, hurdles, adversity, basketball]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- Psychologists do not have much tangible details about personalities because of the fact that a variety of things influence it. Our family and friends as well as the environment majorly affect our personalities. But one influence that many people overlook is the difficulties an individual goes through. Roman poet Horace once said “adversity has the effects of eliciting talents which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant”. Several people disagree with him and believe that no matter what a person goes through, they will act the same way before and after the event.... [tags: the effects of adversity on personal growth]
642 words (1.8 pages)
- Education has been an ever-changing system in American society. Standardized testing, leveled classrooms, inclusion in classrooms, etc. are some of the forefront predominant issues involving the education of children today. However, not only are children at the forefront, but the parents of children in schools are becoming more of an importance to their child’s success than had been in the past. There are many aspects that effect students and their families on a daily basis. Teachers are challenged to find new ways to meet the needs of students and integrate family relations into their teaching.... [tags: Family, Education, Teacher, Mother]
1117 words (3.2 pages)