The play opens by introducing the Person into the room who was led by the Attendant. The Person states “Dark in here” (543) meaning that the room didn’t have much light. The Attendant then apologized and told the Person that he would make sure that one of the other Attendant’s would replace the light bulb but by then the Person really didn’t care. He said “Who cares, really?” (543). At the end it wouldn’t even matter.
The Attendant then notifies the Person that he will be outside the room the entire time. The Person then asks “Is it boring?” (544). The Attendant replies with a simple answer. He said
that that was his job. He would just wait outside for everyone to finish with their business. Their business being, listening to their recorded lies. At this point the Person starts questioning the Attendant about getting food to eat or drink but there is no kitchen for that to happen. The Person then keeps asking questions about the Attendant dreaming. The Attendant then...
... middle of paper ...
...he Person waits for his lying response, the play closes.
This play shows that lying is wrong and will get you nowhere. At the end, lying will come back and haunt you. Also, lying will get you known as a liar. A liar who no one will believe at the end of the day. A liar that will be hard to be trusted by others. All of this is something that you want to avoid. Never lie and always tell the truth and you will end up feeling better about yourself. That is what I ended up getting from this ten minute play. Never lie because all those lies will be stored somewhere, maybe not recorded on tape like they were for the Person but stored somewhere like ones conscious. Lies will come back soon or later to come and bite you when you least expect it.
Rivera, Jose. “Tape.” LIT. Ed. Laurie G Kirszner and Stephen R. Mandell. Boston; Wadsworth, 2012.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Every problem in the world can be fixed with one of two items; if it moves and it shouldn't, use duct tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. The product we chose for this assignment is duct tape. In this paper we will discuss what duct tape is used for, who creates and supplies duct tape, what duct tape does, why we think duct tape is useful and how we think duct tape will be around and useful in five years. Since it was invented, duct tape has been used for many other purposes. In fact, it has so many now that it has become an icon.... [tags: red green, military tape]
889 words (2.5 pages)
- Technology and Beckett’s Play, Krapp’s Last Tape “bois seul bouffe brûle crêve seul comme devant les absents sont morts les présents puent sors tes yeux détourne-les sur les roseaux se taquinent-ils ou les aïs pas la peine il y a le vent et l’état de veille” -Samuel Beckett, Untitled As an avant-garde writer and a trend starter, Beckett was intensely in touch with his own time and its most significant realities, one of which being technological progress.... [tags: Krapp’s Last Tape Essays]
1174 words (3.4 pages)
- When defining the word blindness, it can be interpreted in various ways. Either it can be explained as sightless, or it can be carefully deciphered as having a more complex in-depth analysis. In the novel Blindness, Jose Saramago depicts and demonstrates how in an instant your right to see can be taken in an instant. However, in this novel, blindness is metaphorically related to ‘seeing’ the truth beyond our own bias opinions. Saramago’s novel clearly illustrates themes that describe the importance of the awareness of others, in terms of feeling oppressed by fear, lack of trust, dehumanization, and segregation.... [tags: Jose Saramago Essays Blindness]
1541 words (4.4 pages)
- Theme of Self Confidence in Literature Spirit of self shows self confidence. In the stories of "The Life of a Slave" by: Frederick Douglass and "The Invisible Man" (The Narrator, The Battle Royale) by: Ralph Ellison with shorts stories of Black Elk Speaks (High Horse, Crazy Horse and Pipe Boyhood) Translated by: Jim Neidhardt all have characteristics of self confidence. Self Confidence comes from the spirit of self which is the belief of what you have, the essence that keeps you going and the ability to persevere when others do not.... [tags: Literature Theme Analysis Compare]
1494 words (4.3 pages)
- Introduction One of the philosophical decisions made by novice athletic trainers is determining which is better: taping or bracing the ankle joint. There are several factors to consider including efficiency, stability, injury prevention and cost effectiveness. Ankle sprains are one of the most common athletic injuries with most occurring to the lateral ligaments of the ankle.1, 2,3,4,5 In American Football ankle sprains comprise approximately 10-15% of all injuries whereas 70% of college basketball players have had at least one ankle sprain.... [tags: sports medicine, traumatology]
1303 words (3.7 pages)
- In the late nineteenth and early twentieth century the cultural and societal foundations were laid for the newly formed nations of the America. Both José Enrique Rodó and Jose Marti made large contributions to the development of Latin America through their literature. Both sought to improve and encourage the people of The America’s, however it is Jose Marti who truly succeeds in inspiring a national pride in his writing Our America. Jose Marti, a remarkable and revolutionary philosopher of the late nineteenth century, examines the keys to a successful future for Latin America.... [tags: United States, Americas, North America]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- Diego Rivera Diego Rivera he is a Mexican painter who produced murals on social themes and who ranks one of my countries greatest artists. He was born in Guanajuato and educated at the San Carlos Academy of Fine Arts , in Mexico City. he studied painting in Europe between 1907 and 1921, becoming familiar with the innovative cubist forms of the French painter Paul Cezanne and Pablo Picasso. In 1921 Riviera returned to Mexico and took a prominent part in revival of mural painting initiated by artists and sponsored by the government .... [tags: Visual Arts Paintings Art]
457 words (1.3 pages)
- What is your first impressions of the following characters: Frida Kahlo I find her to be disabled from multiple injuries from a few harsh accidents that shouldn’t of happened to anyone, that she got her artist vision & abilities in her first accident involving a bus crashing & then being plasted from her chest down to her calves, then she was basically as soon as only when her right leg was plasted. She was in love with Diego Rivera & married him twice, & then found out that she couldn’t have kids, had gang green on her foot from smoking & drinking a lot, & then she died in peace being with the one she loved the most, being able to do what she loves wants & can, in think of her a brave, cons... [tags: essays research papers]
563 words (1.6 pages)
- Mix-tape Phenomenon "This rap game, this rap game / I ain't sellin' my soul for this rap game..." - 50 Cent Just 20 years ago, hip-hop music was thought to be just a simple fad, passing its way through the mainstream of pop music leaving classic dance hall anthems like Kurtis Blow's "Basketball" and Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five's "White Lines (Don't Do It)" in its wake. But today, hip-hop is a worldwide phenomenon, marking its influence in the world of fashion design (Jay-Z's Roca-Wear and OutKast clothing lines), product marketing (McDonald's and Sprite), and even television shows and movies (Eminem's "8-Mile" and most recently, "Honey," starring Jessica Alba).... [tags: Music Arts Rap Papers]
2431 words (6.9 pages)
- sometimes in each persons life there is a turning point, a point in time when a revelation is reaveled to you. If you cannot see this revelation sometimes your vision may be clouded over by a voice that may or may not be your own. In the novel, many people are telling san jose to stop listening tom his own voice and folow them. But he knows that is wrong. At Polemarchus' house, Socrates discusses old age with Cephalus, Polemarchus' aging father. Cephalus says that old age is really not as bad as people say it is; if you're a moderate and contented person, your virtue makes old age pleasant.... [tags: essays research papers]
375 words (1.1 pages)