In the case of the Christmas play here at Monmouth, there is an exception. There is very little time between the return from Thanksgiving break and the departure for Christmas break; this time is usually occupied with final exams and preparation for them. For these reasons it is reasonable to have a Christmas play before break, and I consider the attendance to the play an exception to my usual dislike for things that occur before their appointed time.
The technical aspects of the play (sets, clothing design, etc.) were done well given the context. I am not well versed in theatre budgets, but they seemed to have a significant amount money available to them while producing the performance. I have only participated in the con...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- For the extra credit production response I decided to attend Bridge & Tunnel, a production done at the Indiana Repertory Theatre. One thing I have to point out is that I was ecstatic to attend the play just because the one I recently attended for my production response was great. When I first arrived I was somewhat debating if the show was going to be good because all I saw were older adults walking in and I did not know I if was going to be watching something different than what I had expected.... [tags: Actor, Theatre, Acting, Performance]
1056 words (3 pages)
- Live theatre can be described as a live performance performed by actors and actresses on stage in front of a live audience. Live theatre mainly consists of a stage, effects, lights, and props. Live theatre is composed of scenes, which include comedy, tragedy, action, and romance. The costumes, effects, and props increase the entertainment level for the audience. This was my first time experiencing live theatre by taking this class. I would have to say it was very different and it was definitely entertaining for me.... [tags: Theatre, Drama, Play, Performance]
891 words (2.5 pages)
- As I look out my window I see tiny snowflakes slowly drifting down. I can hear the roar of laughter coming from the living room downstairs. Soon enough Saint Nick will be upon us. Christmas always brings everyone home for the holidays. Christmas is my favorite holiday because of the traditions my families and I celebrate that include our Christmas Eve routine, Christmas morning routine, and giving back to our community. Everyone has a Christmas Eve routine. Christmas Eve starts with getting ready for mass.... [tags: Christmas Eve, Christmas, Christmas tree]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- Every December and January in the United States friends and families gather to celebrate the upcoming holidays. In preparation for Christmas it is common to see lights hung on houses, Christmas trees decorated with ornaments, kids writing out their wish list to Santa Claus, and even Santa himself riding through multiple neighborhoods on a fire truck. When the New Year rolls around, it is common in the United States for friends and loved ones to stay up until midnight, gather around the television to watch the ball drop, and possibly enjoy a few celebratory drinks as well.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas tree]
1035 words (3 pages)
- My experience watching a live theatre performance on stage was a fascinating one, most especially since it was my first time. I attended a staged performance of “The History Boys” in a small theatre called “The Little Theatre of Alexandria” at 8:00 pm on Wednesday June 8, 2016 in Alexandria, Virginia. The overall production of the play was a resounding experience for me particularly the performance of the actors and the design of the scene made the play seem real. I had a little bit of preparation by getting some useful information about the location of the theatre and most importantly about the history of the play including the playwright, the origination of the play, synopsis, and the year... [tags: Theatre, Performance, Performing arts, Play]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- The play “A Christmas Carol – A ghost story of Christmas” by Charles Dickson, directed by James Black in Houston, TX was performed in a similar way in “A Christmas Carol” by Charles Dickson, directed by Michael Wilson in Washington, D.C. The both plays had similarities and differences throughout the play in which demonstrated different creativity from the different directors. The rating that was given by the reviewer of the play in Washington gave a 5 out of 5 star rating. For the play that I went to watch the rating I would give it would be a 5 star rating.... [tags: Christmas, Charles Dickens, Christmas carol]
856 words (2.4 pages)
- A Christmas Carol was initially written and published on 19th December 1843, as a novella by Charles Dickens. The story has later been adapted into a play by Romulus Linney with the new adapted version of the play of A Christmas Carol being performed from November 18th to 21th at the Joan C. Edwards Playhouse, by the Marshal Theatre Alliance. The current adapted production is directed by Associate Professor Nicole Perrone, with the leading role of Ebenezer Scrooge played by Professor Jack Cirillo both of whom belong to the Marshall Theatre program.... [tags: Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol]
948 words (2.7 pages)
- Bright lights and cheerful colors are usually the first things that come to mind when you think of Christmas. Your mind can easily imagine the feel of the fluffy white snow as well as the crisp, fresh smell of peppermint in the air. This holiday is my favorite day of the year, for the joyous atmosphere it spreads all around. In America, Christmas is considered a significant event. Not only does it celebrate happiness and a time for being with family, but it also celebrates the birth of Jesus Christ.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas tree, Christmas Eve]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- Among the many countries in the world, Philippines is distinctly known to have the longest Christmas season. Preparations for the holiday start as early as September because Filipinos consider the months ending with the syllable ‘ber’ as Christmas months. The celebration ends on the Feast of Epiphany or Three Kings which is celebrated on the first Sunday after New Year. Christmas is a time for Filipinos to set aside their personal problems and for once give in to the spirit of giving and sharing.... [tags: Christmas, Christmas Eve, Christmas tree]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- In the world of the theatre there are two sides of the curtain, the light and the dark or as most call them, actors and technicians, and together they create a magnificent experience for people anywhere to enjoy. The actors and technicians jobs spoken of are part of a high school theatre or amateur theatre, not professional where the jobs are much more difficult and complicated. Actors are the face of a performance, while the technicians are the support system in the background. During a single scene of a show a hundred things could be happening.... [tags: Actor, Theatre, Scenic design, Character]
1431 words (4.1 pages)