Pretribulationism is the rapture view that is defined as, “A belief which teaches that Christ will come to r...
... middle of paper ...
...know, in Midtribulationism, that the Lord will return for them at the halfway point of the tribulation. This ability to date Christ’s return removes the doctrine of immanency within this tribulation view. Immanency has the characteristic of being unable to date or expect Christ’s return. Within Midtribulationism and Posttribulationism, there are moments, like the beginning of the tribulation provide a point of reference where time can be measured in determining when the event of Christ’s return will take place. A Midtribulationist would argue that Pretribulationists provide the possibility of dating Christ’s second coming by measuring seven years beyond the rapture of the Church. A Midtribulationist would see the first 3 ½ years of the tribulation as subtle compared to the second half where God’s wrath will be apparent due to the events that will take place.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Tribulation Force, the second novel of the Left Behind Series, is written by Tim Lahye and Jerry B. Jenkins. It is a fiction book with 452 pages. The Left Behind series takes place in the near future, and is based on a small branch of the Christian faith. The story is based on an event called the Rapture which came from an interpretation of the Book of Revelation. The Rapture is basically God taking all the true believers, the true Christians away from the Earth. After they are gone, the people who are left behind will face a lot of suffering on Earth.... [tags: Religion Christianity Tribulation ]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- The word rapture does not appear in the Bible, simply it is a term often employed in concurrence with events relating to the Second Coming of Jesus. The meaning or definition of rapture is the mind that the coming of Jesus will take space in two separate phases. The initiative will be a secret rapture—or taking away of the saved to heaven—at the start of a seven-year period of visitation, during which the antichrist will come out. The second phase occurs at the close of this time of tribulation when Jesus will come back to Earth in triumph and glorification.... [tags: New Testament, Bible, Canonical Epistles]
1448 words (4.1 pages)
- Tribulation Force Tribulation Force written by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins. It was published in association with the literary of Alive Communications, INC. in Colorado Springs, Colorado in 1996. I got this book at the Thomasville Public Library. Jerry Jenkins is an experienced author. He has written or co-written more than one hundred books. His works have appeared in a variety of publications, such as Reader’s Digest, Parade, and many Christian periodicals. He writes his books in four genres: biography, marriage and family, fiction for adult, and fiction for children.... [tags: Essays Papers]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- ... Aaron is mystified by why the mass murderer is going to end up in heaven when he had raped and murdered an estimated 100 women, while innocent children from the jungle will go to hell just because no one ever told them about God. Is it really a just God that sentences hundreds of innocent people to hell when it is out of their control whether or not they deserved it. God is supposed to love all of his people, yet He creates souls knowing in the end that they will be damned to hell no matter how kind or loving they are.... [tags: jesus, church, innocent]
1545 words (4.4 pages)
- Views of Organizational Conflict Conflict occurs in many organizations. It is important to understand what conflict is and to identify the models that are represented in many criminal justice agencies. Associated Press reporter Jordan Michael Smith expressed in his article that there was significant failures that prevented the CIA, FBI and other criminal justice agencies and departments from gathering and pooling resources during the September 11, 2001 attack on the Twin Towers. This was due to organizational conflict, which fell directly under operational planning.... [tags: Traditional Views, Human Relations View]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- Within most Eastern philosophies, there are absolute similarities, but these beliefs are seemingly disconnected by the approaches they take, the paths they suggest, and the teachings that they exude. Often I find that it is the distinctive terminology that allows people to automatically assume the views of different philosophies are contrasting. Confucius was still a young boy when he decided his path was to lead him to become a wise man. He was enamored with learning and the quest for knowledge.... [tags: terminology, views, valus, nature]
715 words (2 pages)
- Creative Strategy for RAPTURE by Hilton Copy Platform: Basic problem/issue to be addressed: Convey all features without creating a “busy” advertisement with a clear visual path that stimulates the reader to peruse more information. Once this is established another issue to be addressed is selling the idea of luxury accommodation for the “thrifty” backpacker and the known name of Hilton. The combination of theses two to create an advertisement that delivers a message portraying fun and savings as well as conveying style and class.... [tags: Marketing Branding Business ]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- The Chrysalids Tribulation Vs. Nuclear War The people of Waknuk are irrational and are oblivious to the fact that their beliefs are aimless. Waknuk is located in Labrador just outside of the place the old people call the Fringes. What the people of waknuk thought happened to the world was punishment from god, they called this tribulation. Their thoughts on tribulation had no proof, other than a book called The Repentances which they had no idea where it was from, only that it was from the old peoples time.... [tags: Cold War]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- In Virginia Woolf’s novel, To the Lighthouse, childhood is portrayed as a time of tribulation and terror, rather than the stereotype that claims that childhood is a blissful period of innocence and wonder. Because of her more realistic point of view, Woolf molds her characters into complex adults that are products of their upbringings. This contributes to the piece as a whole because it has a sense of reality that allows readers to relate with the characters on a personal level. Throughout the novel, Woolf uses two main characters to embody her representation of childhood.... [tags: Impact, Rejection]
592 words (1.7 pages)
- Two Views of the Mississippi” provides an interesting and descriptive insight into the mind of a veteran in steam boating. In life human reasoning is guided by perspective and experience that go on through our day to day lives. Decisions are often based on how one comprehends situations leading to a particular behavior. While it is argued that learned abilities often morph to instincts due to the repeated practice, some situations defy the actual meaning of norm forcing one to act depending on their understanding of the situation at hand.... [tags: Mississippi River, Steamboat, Mark Twain]
1919 words (5.5 pages)