2. LITERATURE REVIEW
3. RESEARCH OBJECTIVE
4. SOURCES OF DATA
5. RESEARCH DESIGN
Advertising in business is a type of marketing communication used to encourage, persuade, or manipulate a customer to take or continue to take some action. The desired result is to drive consumer behavior with respect to a commercial offering.
The primary role of advertising is to inform potential customers of the products and services in the market and convince them to make a purchase. Through advertisements customers are informed of new products, their role, their benefit and the prices at which they are being made available to the customer. It is a technique used to influence people's minds and encourage more sales.
The main purpose of advertising is to deliver the proper message to customers and prospective customers. The purpose of advertising is to convince customers that a company's services or products are the best, to enhance the image of the company, point out and create a need for their products or services, demonstrate new uses for the established ones, announce new products and programs, reinforce the individual messages of the sales people, draw customers to the business, and to hold existing customers.
Advertising lies in the Promotion part of Marketing Mix, but it applies to all the other P's as well. Promoting one’s business is the key ingredient to making one’s business successful. Promotion, along with a great product, key placement, and a reasonable price, will help a marketer work his way to the top. Promoting does not mean leaving his advertising up to the word of mouth of his current customer.
2. LITERATURE REVIEW
1. Brand Equity & ...
... middle of paper ...
...n their advertising strategies as on their products and services
• Consumers’ attitude towards advertisements varies greatly
• Advertising is considered necessary for growth and success of big companies these days
• A product that is not advertised is lost on the customer.
• Advertising is the backbone of today’s sales industry.
• DA Aaker, AL Biel- 1993- books.google.com
• T Meenaghan - Journal of Product & Brand Management, 1995 - emeraldinsight.com
• FM Scherer, D Ross - University of Illinois
• WF Mueller, RT Rogers - The Review of Economics and Statistics, 1980 – JSTOR
• M Sutherland, J Galloway - Journal of Advertising Research, 1981 - sutherlandsurvey.com
• VA Zeithaml, MJ Bitner - 1996 - lavoisier.fr
• smallbusiness.chron.com › Advertising & Marketing › Advertising
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The ability to make sales for companies has been a fundamental need and role companies have taken seriously. As such, the role of advertising in businesses has become a major force with which companies take serious. The role of advertising to business according to American Advertising Federation is great as it takes nearly half of the expenses incurred by businesses in each financial year (American Advertising Federation, 1980). Thus, much question arises when the most invested business sector happens to bring questions and even lead to firing of leaders of companies on the choice and relevancy of the advertisements they make for their companies.... [tags: Advertising, Marketing, Advertising agency]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- Advertising is one of the largest industries in today’s world. The advertising industry is forced to adapt to the changing times. The role of gender in the advertising business has been heavily debated since the use of sexual appeal in advertising. Women have always been used to sell products, but in recent years the advertising tactics have become outrageous. Recent women’s ad is oversexualized and unrealistic compared to their older counterparts. Many years ago advertisements used to be about the product, but now it is only trying to objectify women to sell.... [tags: Advertising, Sex in advertising, Marketing]
908 words (2.6 pages)
- To begin with, without advertising, a product or an idea will never flourish and therefore will never reach society. Advertising is an activity that includes spreading the word about some type of business or a product. Advertising can either boost a product or a business’ reputation; which causes high sales, or it can destroy the product or the business, making it a failure. Today, advertising is everywhere, advertising is completed with the help of the internet, satellite, and even through people.... [tags: Advertising, Brand, Tobacco advertising]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- Introduction: Advertising to children is a controversial issue that has been debated for years. Advertising plays a significant role in business and in society. Alongside with advertising comes ethical and social responsibilities, this is most important when advertising is directed to children of all ages. It is obvious that commercials targeting children have experienced great changes over past years, leading to exceptional levels of advertising reaching young audiences. Advertisers use different tactics to attract children’s attention, resulting in several opinions that vary in response to this particular issue.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Advertising, Child]
1581 words (4.5 pages)
- The Meaning of Advertising Advertising is a very important role in the competition of today 's society. Its role became more and more important because it brings different meaning to customers, sellers and society. Therefore, this part will be talk about advertisement is so important for customers, sellers and society. The meaning of advertising to the customers Advertisements not only contribute to the producers and businessmen but also contribute to the customers. It plays a very key role in customers ' life and offers a consciousness of existence of the products and services to the consumers.... [tags: Advertising, Brand, Marketing, Graphic design]
1113 words (3.2 pages)
- For this reflection paper I choose to write about the advertising industry. This industry is one that has always interest me because of how it has evolved so quickly over time and how no brand can get too far without advertising even if the product or service they sell is amazing. And over the years I realized that this felid is something I really want to work in and build a career. Advertising as a promotional and communicational tool has been through an incredible journey over the years and now it has become an important part of our modern society.... [tags: Advertising, Advertising agency]
1017 words (2.9 pages)
- Define the Role of the Advertising Agency Examination of the strategic role of the advertising agency The strategic role of an advertising agency is such that these agencies can give an organization a competitive edge. The reason for this is that agencies have broad knowledge of entire industries. Advertising agencies often specialize in a given industry or industries that are related to the type of business in which a firm participates. Firms in the adverting industry also have access to some of the best printers, engravers, photographers, typographers, and other media people in the industry (Belch & Belch, 2012).... [tags: Advertising, Advertising agency, Marketing]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- The meaning of advertising to the customers Advertisements not only contribute to the producers and businessmen but also contribute to the customers. It plays a very key role in customers ' life and offers a consciousness of existence of the products and services to the consumers. The meaning of Advertising to the consumers can be talk about under the following several pointes. The first is convenience; Advertising will be making shopping simple by decreasing the time and energy participate in shopping.... [tags: Advertising, Brand, Marketing, Graphic design]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Even in the darkest economic times, opportunities exist for businesses to maintain and even experience significant growth in their respective markets. While large corporations scramble to liquidate assets and slash employee numbers in an almost panicked frenzy, smaller organizations can take incremental steps to improve their business processes and continue focusing on the most important resource, the customer. President Obama just revealed plans to provide incentives to banks lending to small companies in an attempt to bolster the economy through growth from the ground up.... [tags: Advertising]
1012 words (2.9 pages)
- Billboards, signs, radios, newspapers, television, and internet are main instruments that we as society see or use everyday and advertisers use as channels to advertise to society. Advertising has a major role in businesses and advertising is a business in itself. How else would businesses get their name and product or service out to the consumer by efficient means and time. A business may create a product and within a couple days reach consumers across the nation to sell that product. Without advertising businesses would not expand into nationwide companies, they would only exist as bricks and mortars in towns where they exist and the community knows them.... [tags: essays research papers]
1237 words (3.5 pages)